**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Thursday, May 8th, 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Thursday, May 8th, 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 31 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Nickle98 Nickle98 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to your picture post… we have been enjoying some great photos… if you have any you would like to share, the more the merrier..

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5142038 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

We have 7 Rose Breasted Grosbeaks here now… this is one of the year old males,  just getting his colors… and molting.

#5142039 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

A couple of our hummers..

#5142040 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Male Rose Breasted…

#5142041 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Female Baltimore Orioles…

#5142046 Report Abuse

jaguae
    Participant

Beautiful photos of beautiful birds Sharon !

Iris at sunset

#5142047 Report Abuse

jaguae
    Participant

Why is this so big I copied it from Facebook ?

#5142067 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Great graphics Sharon, and interesting to see the young Rose Breasted Grosbeaks vrs the older Grosbeaks they really are a beautiful bird. I love the hummer photos; especially the first picture. The female Baltimore Orioles are beautiful.

Jaguae, your Iris is beautiful; mine are just starting to bloom.

Iris

I never tire of seeing this Rhododendron bush; the color looks lighter as it was  in the sunshine late today.

#5142074 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning Sharon and BYC friend’s!  Another day of great pix so far.  This morning I’ll begin by showing a long-distance view of an inlet we saw as we left the “Cliffs of Moher” in Ireland.  The pix shows a small town gathered around the end of the bay, and we soon were driving beside the bay on our way to meet a young mother that was the daughter of one of my sons Band member’s.  He knew her as a young lady and now she is married and has a little girl of her own.

photo DSCF0567.jpg

#5142075 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

We had been told beforehand by the young lady we were supposed to meet, that a short distance from the Cliffs of Moher, was a special spot where you could stop and have a moment of meditation.  We mistakenly thought a cemetery behind it, was the spot…and didn’t find what she was talking about until we got back into the car…and looked on the other side of the wall of the cemetery.  This sight greeted us finally, and so I caught this photo as we were pulling away.  DUH!

photo DSCF0595.jpg

#5142076 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

We finally found the place where we were to meet the young lady and her little girl, and while waiting I took this photo of people enjoying the delightful weather of early April by swimming in the waters of the Bay off the Atlantic.  I THOUGHT it was too cold, but guess they didn’t.

photo DSCF0597.jpg

#5142077 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Here is a photo of the beach and the tide was out.  We were on a walkway about 30-40 feet above the ocean and you can see lots of sand here.  Before we left, the tide had turned and the water was up to the rocks and climbing…till it came near the top of where we were standing.  We were told later, that last Fall, 5 huge storms came in like a freight train; one behind the other; and the waves were so high they over-topped the wall; tore up an inside wall and even over-topped some nearby building’s and destroyed several.  TERRIBLE STORMS!  As I heard that and looked at where we were standing, it was hard to imagine storms that bad, but they happened.  It was seen they’d finally gotten most of the repairs done.

photo DSCF0599.jpg

#5142078 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

We waited but a short time before we saw the young lady coming with her daughter.  Here is a photo of her:  Amy and her daughter Estlin, who was just learning to ‘toddle’ around.  We had a delightful time with her; went to a nearby restaurant and had a snack and visited before returning to the parking lot where our car was and continuing our day of sight-seeing.

photo DSCF0602.jpg

#5142079 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Today’s last photo is of the 4 of us on the breakwall.  The photo was taken by Amy’s sister who also lived there but didn’t stay around long enough to go with us to the restaurant as she had to go to work.  Tomorrow I’ll begin pix of “Blarney Castle” and some on the way there.

photo DSCF0607.jpg

#5142083 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Happy Thursday Everyone..

Sharon beautiful graphic this morning :)   nice shots of the grosbeaks ..the one with his body stretched looks like he is watching for something….I see you didn’t pull the hummer’s feeders so they would head home here…LOL nice shots and the orioles are beautiful …

Jaguae beautiful shot of the iris B&B sizes the photos now …

Marnee your iris is also beautiful and your bush is also so beautiful and big how long did it take to get that big…

Cliff nice set of pictures the water looks so blue and inviting ..

Visitors from yesterday poor things and it was raining all day off and on…

1 oriole

2 orioles

3 orioles

4 orioles

5 orioles …and one grosbeak in the center..

yup there back was a total of seven …no Hummers yet..

this one showed up yesterday too I dont know what he / she is…anyone know..

this little one was walking on Mr. B’s truck windshield wipers and using the windshield as a mirror was fun watching him…

sure had a lot of visitors yesterday…

And this little one was thankfully on the outside of the doggies pen…

Hope everyone has a wonderful day ..be back a in a bit with Starla’s weekly picture…

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.