**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Thursday, July 24th, 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Thursday, July 24th, 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 27 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by CatsBirds CatsBirds 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to your picture post.  I hope everyone had a great Wednesday and are looking forward to the weekend.

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5267191 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Boy today is really hodgepodge day…Sky over the lake , gerbera and Oriole

#5267192 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Rosebreasted….female,  cone flower and hummer..

#5267193 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Oriole, toad, and trees and fields.

#5267204 Report Abuse
    Almb
    Almb
    Participant

photo BJ10_zpsc7d61159.jpg

Blue Jay

#5267235 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Sharon, love the graphics today… another great hodgepodge day… great sky pictures… beautiful flowers and birds, love the hummer… wow that is a big toad.

Alecia, your Blue Jay looks like it is talking to you..

Birds around the yard today

Downy

The Flickers here think today was Flickers Day.

Scrub Jay

#5267236 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Honeysuckle

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by mmarnee mmarnee.
    #5267247 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning Sharon and BYC friend’s!  What a nice ‘hodge-podge’ of pix already today.  Check out my ‘update’ on my doctor’s visit yesterday, on yesterdays “Smile and Scripture” to see the office visit results.  Today I’ll begin with a bit of ‘advice’ I found on FB recently.

photo 1236156_10153171340775316_547623858_n.jpg

#5267248 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

…and this one goes along with the first pix.

photo 10557428_890974964250394_2959838001093205219_n-1.jpg

#5267251 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

When my son and I were flying out to Seattle on our last Alaska Cruise trip, I saw these ‘circles’ that were made by farmer’s who were irrigating their crops alongside this large river, below us as we flew over.  Makes for an interesting photo from the air, I thought.

photo DSCF0991-2.jpg

#5267252 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

When we arrived in Seattle and were leaving the airport, I took this photo of suspended sculptures inside the airport.  This was just one of them.

photo DSCF0998-1.jpg

#5267253 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

The following day after our arrival, we boarded our cruise ship and as we walked towards our cabin, I looked up at the bottom of the ‘life-raft’ boats, I saw this view and the large propeller on the bottom of one of them as we walked the deck.  Obviously, the ‘life-raft’ has a method of propulsion and not just a place of safety off the boat, so they can travel away from danger if they have to be used.

photo DSCF1004.jpg

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Nickle98 Nickle98.
    #5267255 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Here is a good photo of a suspended ‘life-raft’ that were all along each side of the cruise ship.  They are enclosed; no open tops for the passengers; but they also have ropes on the sides for any passenger’s who may have jumped into the water instead of waiting to board them and get inside.  Every possibility was considered, it seems, to protect the passenger’s.  Every ship we saw had the same ‘life-rafts’ and methods to save people if the ship should get into trouble.

photo DSCF1003.jpg

#5267256 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

When we went to eat in our favorite restaurant on board the ship, even the ceiling’s were decorated and lighted wonderfully.  In this restaurant, were ‘servers’ both male and female all dress alike in white shirts and black pants and MOST ATTENTIVE to the passenger’s.  No ‘bill’ at the end of the meals and white tablecloth’s and cloth napkins on the tables with elegant glassware to use!  DELIGHTFUL and the food was wonderful!  (The only problem with ‘no bill’ at the meal end was that when we went ashore and ate in a local restaurant, I got up and walked out without thinking about the ‘bill’…but my son caught it, thankfully.)  LOL

photo DSCF1027.jpg

#5267257 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Today’s last photo is of the same restaurant inside the cruise ship and looking towards the windows and tables inside the restaurant.  MOST comfortable and a great place to relax and have a calm and delightful meal.  You were given several choices of what you wanted to eat, but not as extensive a choice as in restaurant’s on shore.  Every meal was prepared well and served HOT and was delicious.  There was also NO dress code to attend this restaurant.

photo DSCF1028.jpg

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Nickle98 Nickle98.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.