**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Thursday, August, 21st, 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Thursday, August, 21st, 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 24 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  joan1___Alabama 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to your picture post .  I hope everyone is ready for the weekend… going to be a hot one here.

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5276073 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Another hodgepodge day for me…. starting with the Rose of Sharon… white ones…

In black and white..

#5276076 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

A little bit of everything..

#5276077 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

My very wet goldfinches…

#5276078 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Juvenile male house finch getting his colors..

A pair of female house finches.. Chipping sparrow..

#5276080 Report Abuse
    Almb
    Almb
    Participant

photo WK7_zps75130079.jpg

Western Kingbird

#5276082 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Happy Thursday Everyone …real nice pictures shared yesterday..

Sharon the rose of sharon is so pretty nice shots of them…nice shot of the  woody ,,pretty maple leafs and pretty flower..oh no look at that poor finch ,,nice shots of the house finch like the 2 on the fence …

Alecia nice king bird …

had 2 baby hummers hanging out here toay ..both females,,playing peek…

she is trying to suck the flower peddle..

now for a little rest…

Hope everyone has a wonderful day …no picnic today or bird feed Miss Kimberly was having a ugly day…today I am meeting a rescue friend and taking Starla to her vet its her 52 week birthday and she and I want to surprise him and tell him thank you…I’ll be posting her Birthday Picture with her pretty dress later today …

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#5276100 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning Sharon and BYC friend’s!  It’s going to be be HOT here, too!  Predicting the first 90 degree day before the week is out.  Love the ‘hodge-podge’ day pix.  Here is a bit of advice we might enjoy!

photo Dontstressaboutyoureyesightfailing.jpg

#5276101 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

My last Day Lily finally bloomed so prettily!  Now, of course, the blooms are all gone but it was sure beautiful while they lasted.

photo IMG_0008-1.jpg

#5276102 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

While we were in western Ireland and driving along an inlet from the Atlantic Ocean, I spotted these ‘fish farms’ that were anchored in the inlet where fish were raised I thought.  There were certainly a LOT of them but I don’t know what kind of fish were being raised.  It was a BIG inlet as you can see the houses on the opposite side are quite far away from us.

photo DSCF0522.jpg

#5276103 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

As we drove into the parking lot at “Kylemore Castle” this view greeted us along with a explanatory sign of what we were about to see.  What a delightful view of the Castle we had.

photo DSCF0527.jpg

#5276105 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Here is the informational sign.  You can see that this is a HUGE area to try to see all of it; they even had buses to carry visitor’s from the entrance area to the walled garden area as it was quite a hike from the entrance.  Everywhere else….you walked.  Tiring, but SO interesting!!!

photo DSCF0528-1.jpg

#5276106 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

After we arrived onto the ‘front porch’ area (which was HUGE) of Kylemore Abbey/Castle, I took this photo of the TOP PART that was over the front door.  I would have loved to gotten into much more of the building than we did, but my legs just wouldn’t let me.  My son pushed me in my wheelchair AFTER I had got out of it and climbed the short stairway into the entrance.  Just that little bit was fascinating and they sure lived well, inside the place.

photo DSCF0541-1.jpg

#5276107 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Here is a ‘small’ bit of what the inside of the Abbey looked like.  I just noticed my sons reflection in the mirror over the fireplace!  LOL

photo DSCF0546.jpg

#5276108 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Today’s last photo is of the top of the fireplace mantle and the beautiful furnishings that were seen there.  Many photo’s of the Nuns and later Owner’s were in prominent places on the walls and the other furnishings we saw were of the very finest to make it a comfortable home in which to live.

photo DSCF0548-1.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.