**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Thursday, August 14th, 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Thursday, August 14th, 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 23 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by CatsBirds CatsBirds 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to your picture post. I hope everyone had a great Wednesday…looking forward to seeing more great pics.

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5273932 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I took so many pics the past few days… its hard to decide what to put on each day.  I don’t want you to get tired of seeing birds, or flowers… so I will continue hodgepodge… These are two of the rose breasted.

#5273933 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Young robin,  thistles and corn and a mourning dove in the sunshine..

#5273934 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Neighbors north of us have a huge dairy farm.  I stopped and got two quick pics..

#5273936 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Around the country side…check out the first pic… tell me what you see….

#5273965 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Sharon, great graphics and photos again today. I never tire of birds and flowers as  you can tell. I love sky pictures and my first though on your sky picture is wow whats in the clouds; it really has some large wings. Love the cows.

My roses are blooming again

Geraniums in the hummingbird garden

The last Hydrangea bloom with any color

Flowers next door

Song Sparrow

#5273982 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning Sharon and BYC friend’s!  What a scare this a.m. !!!  I went to my picture posting PhotoBucket…and it had been terminated it read.  I tried the alternative with no response to me and I was stumped.  I finally WENT BACK to how I select PB and found TWO other alternatives on how to get back into PB….so here I am again.  Love the pix already posted today; always so good from so many area’s and different subjects to titillate the senses.  Ireland is a very old country and this photo from the graveyard beside a very old church shows some of the old time headstones they used.

photo DSCF0441.jpg

#5273984 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Here is the old church itself, but I ‘cut off’ the Belfry when I took this pix.  This church, as you can see by the sign, is STILL in use.  Note that there are two window’s in the front of this church and there were a few stained glass windows (very few) on the sides; all which were narrow and long.  It wasn’t a big church and I didn’t get inside but I think it must be just a ‘utilitarian’ decor inside, from the looks of the outside.  Just a little country church, but obviously cared for.

photo DSCF0421-2.jpg

#5273988 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

SO, here is the ‘Belfry’ of the old church, with it’s little bell.  BEHIND the belfry in this photo is just a glimpse of a ‘crow’ that was making a nest on the very top…along with its mate.  They both were VERY busy in their nest prep, and were flying up to it and then out to gather nesting materials; over and over as I stood and watched.

photo DSCF0426-1.jpg

#5273999 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

I know I’ve shown this pix before, but it goes along with the other pix this morning.  This is a bit of the stone wall (Ireland has LOTS of them) that surrounds the little old church, BUT it has this unique feature of a ‘step-through’ opening if the gate happens to be locked.  This car was our rental one we drove and was about the size of the ‘Malibu’ Chev. here in the U.S., but it was made in Czechoslovakia and was a really fine little car with a diesel engine that literally ‘sipped’ gas.

photo DSCF0432-1.jpg

#5274000 Report Abuse
    Marge_in_Michigan
    Marge_in_Michigan
    Participant

Good morning!  I so appreciate the time you take to put this post up every day, Sharon.  I love all the pictures everyone posts.  They’re wonderful!

Here is our strawbale garden…tomatoes, green & wax beans & cucumbers.

#5274005 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Today’s last photo was taken by my son from atop the high hill the old ruins of Dunamase Castle was built on.  You can see the old church and it’s graveyard as well as a good view of the surrounding countryside.  All that’s left of the old castle were ruins and bits-and-pieces of it, but it was our first stop to see things of Ancient Ireland, on our trip there.  A WONDERFUL trip we’ll cherish forever!!!

photo DunamaseRockRuinsFromInside-1.jpg

#5274017 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Good Morning Everyone…

What nice pictures shared yesterday

Gkid great shots of the dam and water sure is a big dam…

Alecia very pretty flowers..

Margba very nice looking porch do you live in a condo ?

Marilyn pretty hummers and looks like two wanted the same drinker…

Todays Pictures…

Sharon what beautiful shots of the grosbeaks…robin and dove pretty as can be ..is that wheat in the field? Beautiful shots of the clouds …and I know what in the cloud so I will leave it for others to answer..

Marnee very pretty roses and flowers my roses have come and gone already…cute shot of the sparrow ..

Marge nice looking tomato..

Cliff good shots of the churches and bell and old ruins ..

Going to start with the prettiest …to me anyways..

Starla is 51 weeks old today I am so blessed to still have her alive and well…I treasure everyday she is with me…

This was going to be her Birthday dress but I found one I and she liked so much better ..so next week she will be modeling her dress that took me many days to re-work…

a little jelly please..

and just a bit more…

can you see me…

can you see me now…

and a little dragonfly …

this is where the male sits a lot watching for this female when she comes to eat he chases her ..by mistake she landed on this branch….LOL if you read her body language its saying  “OH NO WHAT DID I DO ” she left right after I snapped this shot..with him hot on her trail..

Hope everyone has a wonderful day ..no flea market today just to cold and by the time it warms up they will be closing..

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#5274018 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Marge some how I missed the rest of your garden..your veggies all look great…

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#5274034 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Good morning everyone….

Marnee, my goodness roses again.  Love the colors. And the last hydranga… wow oh so pretty. Our little resident song sparrow, flies in, gets a sunflower seed, flies out. All done fast… lolol

Cliff, love the old steeple with the bell…and the view , wow… such a wonderful trip you had.

Marge, thank you for the kind words.  My goodness your straw bale garden is looking good. Amazing what can be done.  And your maters, and beans and cukes look yummy.

Carol, can’t believe she is almost a year old… such a darling. Love her dress.  Wow you got the hummers nice.. He must be the owner of that limb lolol I see you still have orioles. We maybe see one a day.  Haven’t gone through only half the jelly we did last year.  Carol, actually those are thistles in front of corn. They were as tall as the corn was.  With the corn tasseling it does look like the tops of wheat..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.