**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Sunday, February 23rd. 2104 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Sunday, February 23rd. 2104 **~~**

This topic contains 30 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by CatsBirds CatsBirds 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Happy Sunday Friends | DesiComments.com

Welcome to your picture post for Sunday.  I do hope you enjoy all the great photos. And please share whatever you might have… the more the merrier…

Apple blossom, pilgrimage church Madonna di Lourdes, Val Venosta, Dolomite Alps, South Tyrol, Italy

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5100353 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

This morning is kitty morning…..

#5100355 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Our first cowbirds this year… we are usually packed with them but today was a first…

And a busy nuthatch

#5100358 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Female cowbird….

And one our 15 mourning doves here today.

#5100367 Report Abuse
    MaryinMi
    MaryinMi
    Participant

Beautiful pictures Shaaron andyour cats are so pretty.thank you for the advice on the ice dam claim.I really ppreciate it.

#5100400 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

#5100401 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

#5100403 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

halloween day

I just thought this would be fun today…lolol

#5100405 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Sunday Morning Sharon and BYC Friend’s!  May you have a wonderful Lords Day in your favorite house of Worship.  Enjoyed your kitty and bird pix this a.m. but don’t care much for cowbirds though their a part of Gods plan.  This morning lets take a ride through the 4-mile drive of “Ding” Darlings Sanctuary on Sanibel Island.  This is how it starts.  Great road with a 20 mph speed limit.  Lots of bicyclist’s to watch out for as well as views of bird-filled waterways and other critters that inhabit this area.

photo DSCF0147.jpg

#5100407 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Here is just one of many pix of birds that live here and multiply.  These are pelicans…HUGE One’s!  The live in flocks and cooperate in gathering food together.  Some were over 4 foot tall when they stood ‘tall’.

photo DSCF0145.jpg

#5100408 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

This bird was so busy fishing for food, he was hard to catch still enough to get a pix.  He’d stick his long bill into the water and swish it back and forth seeking small fish to feed on, and was always moving so I’m lucky to get this photo.

photo DSCF0149.jpg

#5100409 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

The water was shallow as you can see, but the bird on the lower right had his own methods of fishing for food.  YES, it IS a bird!  He hunch’s himself down close to the water; brings his wings up over his head to provide shade and hide his image from fish below….then he’d wait till a fish swam by and he’d grab it.  Rather unique fishing style, huh?

photo DSCF0156-1.jpg

#5100410 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Here are more Pelicans I got a closer pix of.  BIG birds!  Yet, in flight they are so regal and agile and to watch them fish from in the air, is amazing!  They’d circle till they saw fish in the water then fold their wings and dive headfirst into the ocean.  In THIS sanctuary, they bury themselves if they did that as the water was so shallow.  I imagine they feed some in this area, but probably use it for resting more than feeding as there’d not be enough fish here to sustain them.  The ocean is nearby and easy to get to for them.

photo DSCF0158.jpg

#5100412 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Near the end of the slow-drive through the sanctuary was this fellow walking the very edge of the water and finding his meals.

photo DSCF0159.jpg

#5100413 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Today’s last pix was taken after I had made my way through heavy incoming traffic and was leaving the island.  It costs $6.00 to get onto the island and the traffic coming in was bumper to bumper…as this photo shows.  The rain-storm that blew in soon left and only gave a light sprinkle and not enough to discourage folks and as you can see, the beautiful blue skies and fluffy clouds prevailed.  This causeway was wide and smooth and you soon was going over a tall bridge back onto the mainland and into Fort Myers, Florida.

photo DSCF0161.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.