**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Sunday, August, 3rd, 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Sunday, August, 3rd, 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 30 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  joan1___Alabama 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to  your picture post.  I hope everyone had a great Saturday…and enjoying Sunday too…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5270136 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

This is a church just down the road from Kennysgirl, Linda,  Richwood United Church, Richwood, Ontario….  I love it… what a nice little church….Thanks Linda….

#5270137 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Its going to be hummer Sunday….

#5270138 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

And more hummers…

#5270140 Report Abuse
    Kennysgirl_ON
    Kennysgirl_ON
    Participant

Thanks for posting our little church Sharon….and I sure wish I could get some shots of our hummers like that.

#5270141 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

And a couple more…. just for good measure… they were so busy Saturday…

#5270142 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome Linda… it made my Sunday post so nice… love the church…. thanks again…and I changed lenses today on the camera.  Mine has been acting up so I changed… Mine is going in to be worked on… its not focusing well… now this one did a great job I must say…

#5270145 Report Abuse
    Kennysgirl_ON
    Kennysgirl_ON
    Participant

Always beautiful pics Sharon….just beautiful.

#5270147 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Sharon, lovely graphics and the little church by Linda’s is really pretty…Marvelous hummer shots; I love Hummer Day!

Today will be Hummingbird Day for me also; I just have a cheap little camera so my pictures are not always that great.

I  had given up on seeing any more Rufous Hummingbirds and late today I was thrilled to see them again.

#5270163 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning Sharon and BYC friend’s!  What a nice little church to attend and your hummer’s photo’s are super-sharp today.  I don’t have either a church OR any hummers as I don’t feed them.  I WILL begin with a bit of wisdom and a Blessing today!

photo 10522142_712089708845604_8183033299230594258_n.jpg

#5270164 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

One young couple in our church lives ‘out in the country’ and has some acreage on which they live and raise, not only a 5 year old little girl, but many critter’s.  This is a photo of some of their critter’s and their little girl has named each one!  LOL

photo Chickensownedbyafriend.jpg

#5270165 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Back in Alaska, we took a train ride on our first trip there.  As we traveled beside a local river that was running down to the ocean from the glacier’s in the mountains, I took this photo as we went from the town up to a mountain pass in Canada.

photo IMG_0180.jpg

#5270166 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

As we made our way up into the mountains of Alaska out of Ketchikan, scenes like this one were seen on every hand out of the train windows.  You almost got a sore neck trying to catch every vista on one side or the other of the train ride, as we climbed higher and higher.

photo IMG_0186-1.jpg

#5270167 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

To give you a bit of a ‘scare’, this photo was taken out of the window of our train car and LOOKING DOWN several hundreds of feet beside the tracks that clung precariously to the mountain side towards the tops of the tree’s far below.

photo IMG_0191.jpg

#5270168 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Shortly after leaving Ketchikan on our train ride, we began to climb the mountains and I took this photo looking back towards the Ocean inlet our cruise ship came in on.  There were 5 or more cruise ships there; and some as big as our and some smaller….but ALL were dwarfed by the surrounding mountains and terrain of Alaska.

photo IMG_0184-1.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.