**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Monday, March 31st 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Monday, March 31st 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 25 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by CatsBirds CatsBirds 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to your picture post.  Please sit and enjoy all the great pics……or post some of your own, anything and everything  ……

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5125200 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

She was watching a crow… talking to it and so intense…

Tonight’s sunset…

#5125202 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I found a double basket… Eastery and spring looking…and the birds love it…I put butter tubs in it… filled with peanuts and sunflowers… its a hit !!!!

#5125211 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Those are great pictures Sharon. Love the cat picture as well as the birds feeding from the basket.

Daffodils are blooming

A lazy Daisy in “her”  bed lol

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5125221 Report Abuse
    dsp
    dsp
    Participant

Hi, everyone!  I just now looked over Sunday’s photos; there were so many awesome pics!  I enjoyed each and every one of them!

Sharon, on today’s post I like your basket, especially the butter tubs!  How creative!  Steve, the daffodils are so bright and beautiful!

I thought that today I would share some photos that I took during my backyard birding times this past weekend:

There are a lot of ornamental (mostly Bradford) pear trees throughout my area; a good many of them are in my neighborhood.  I noticed this weekend that most of them are beginning to leaf out.  (The blooms are beautiful, but they actually smell terrible; so I’m rather happy to see this!)

I was also very happy to see a pair of eastern bluebirds starting their nest in our bluebird box.

A few common grackles stopped by our suet feeder, but they didn’t find much food.  I haven’t been keeping it stocked since our northern mockingbirds started running off all the other birds a couple of weeks ago.

This tufted titmouse landed on our deck, but quickly flew to the nearest tree when he saw me coming with my camera:

A small flock of dark-eyed juncos flew through our yard.  They should be here a couple of more months before flying off to their summer home:

I hope that everyone who visits this post has a wonderful day today, and a great week!

Find more about Weather in Huntsville, AL

#5125223 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Sharon, cute graphics, your cat really found something interesting to watch, gorgeous sunset, I love all your birdies and I love the basket feeders.

Steve, your daffodils are gorgeous and Daisy  looks so comfortable.

dsp, great bird shots; I especially like the tufted titmouse.

It’s not easy to get Lollie to look at you if she see a camera

Update on the Channel Island Allen Hummingbird in Orange County California

As you may remember she laid the eggs on 3/10 and 3/13

Print screen photos – 3/28  pre-dawn hatch

3/29 pre dawn hatch

Cheryl Galand's photo.

Cheryl Galand's photo.

Feeding time

print screen of the two little hummers Sunday.

#5125228 Report Abuse
    Marge_in_Michigan
    Marge_in_Michigan
    Participant

Beautiful pictures…and I can see ALL of yours, Sharon!  Yay and thank you!

#5125230 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Good Morning Everyone , wow so many nice pictures shared over the week end ….enjoyed them all.

Sharon really cute graphics ..wow kit cat is really watching..nice capture of her..wonderful sun set as always and the new basket looks like Easter and also the birdies are really liking it ..

Steve what a nice shot of the daffs so pretty..and your pup dog is really nice looking she sure is enjoying “her” bed…LOL

dsp wow great shot of the trees with their new leafs , wonderful shot of the blue birds and the grackles are so pretty .

Marnee look how pretty sweet Lollie is …a tip to taking dog pics is get your camera set on her then make a “strange” sound she should look , I used to do the pictures for our rescue for pictures with Santa try getting a good shot of 4 dogs and 3 adults in the same shot..once I got the adults to look at me and stop talking to the dogs I got the dogs to look was a real nice shot..but a challenge.

I really enjoyed the hummer pictures …looks like her nest is on a rose bush / flower …thanks for sharing.

a few of my visitors the week end

And look what I got…

tiger lilies

think these are tulips …this flowers are in an area we leave wild …but they are pretty when they come up…now if the snow would leave …

Hope everyone has a wonderful day …I am off to have breakfast with Mary my niece :)

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#5125231 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning Sharon and BYC friend’s!  Today is supposed to be in the low 60′s here and I’m SMILING from ear to ear!  Love all the good pix already posted, and I’ll begin with a favorite pix of some flower’s that I saw in Butchart Gardens in Victoria, B.C.  This pix turned out so good, I marvel at it every time I look at it.

photo DSCF1409-2.jpg

#5125232 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

When my son and I took a trip to Nova Scotia, I found these beautiful flowers in Niagara Falls, Ontario.

photo DSCF6438-2.jpg

#5125233 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

When we reached Nova Scotia, we saw a garden full of flowers and I stopped and took several pix and this is one of them.

photo DSCF6662.jpg

#5125234 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

As we started home from Nova Scotia, we drove onto Prince Edward Island (PEI) and in Charlottetown, the main city there, I saw these flower’s and couldn’t resist capturing a pix of them in a well-tended garden in the center of the city.

photo DSCF6703-2.jpg

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Nickle98 Nickle98.
    #5125235 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Well, today’s last pix is (of course) one from our Alaska trip and a view of the majesty of the scenery.  I just can’t leave you without showing this magnificent landscape, today.  May you all have a Blessed Day and see the snows melting and spring flower’s starting to appear.

photo DSCF1153-1.jpg

#5125263 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Good morning everyone…. OH my goodness where do I start…….. beautiful pics so far this morning..

Steve, I love the daffs.. ours are just popping through the ground. Daisy has the life of luxury there..

dsp, oh my… you had a “house” full of birds over the weekend. Trees are budding, so pretty, I love the grackles colors, and we still have junco’s for a couple of weeks yet.  The tufted is darling.. thanks for sharing all these with us.

Marnee, the look on Lollie’s face says, take the picture, geesh..lolol…I love the hummer, wow.. so glad you get to view that and watch them grow and thrive, wonderful pics.

Marge, well I am glad you can view now, anytime you can’t see the pics you let me know… so glad you get to see some beautiful ones today.

Carol, my goodness the birds !!!! Bright reds to the “ugly” color changes of the goldfinches.  I think they look like they are in camo lolol… Hey you have flowers coming up.. yippee… its about time.  We still have some snow piles, and the lake is still all ice…

Cliff, well you started out with my favorite photo.. I do love those purples. The bright yellow mums are so pretty… love all the colors… and to end the morning with the mountains… I thank you …

#5125292 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

It’s bird day here too… they are feeling spring !!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.