**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Monday, August 4th, 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Monday, August 4th, 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by 4mybackyardpa5 4mybackyardpa5 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to your picture post. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  I actually got out and got tons of new pics..

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5270376 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

A very hodgepodge Monday…

#5270378 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

More of my hodgepodge..

#5270379 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

And some more…

#5270392 Report Abuse

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

Hi Sharon.  I really like the first graphic……so pretty, the other one is funny.   Unusual moth, pretty sunflower, butterflies!   Nice capture of the turtle, dragonfly, and lily pad.  

They are pretty flowers, but they sure can be invasive.  A neighbor put some in his pond, and it took it over and ruined it.  The poor cattle lost their water hole.  

One of our ponds got that awful “duck weed”   and we had to pay a lot of money to spray the pond to kill the weed, but it worked beautifully and you can’t tell the “duck weed” was ever there. 

#5270394 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Sharon heres you a little frog with a worm trying to sneak by behind him.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5270401 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Sharon, great graphics and wow what great hodgepodge for a Monday. That is an Interesting looking moth. I especially like the butterflies, sunflowers, dragonfly and good shots of the turtle and beautiful Lily pad.

Hi Joan!

Steve, good capture of the frog and worm.

Pictures from today’s Farmers Market

Pizza oven

flower box

#5270406 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning Sharon and BYC friend’s!  Great ‘Hodge-Podge’ pix today from everyone so far.  Here is a bit of advice for all of us!

photo LaughyourheartoutDanceintherain.jpg

#5270407 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

This is ‘self-explanatory!’  God Bless!

photo HappyMonday.jpg

#5270408 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

I just can’t help but show some of the beautiful photo’s from Alaska here.  They are memories of such a wonderful trip to a GORGEOUS part of our country!  This was taken from our balcony on the cruise ship as we made out way towards the Sawyer Glacier.

photo 100_2609-1.jpg

#5270411 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

From high atop Mt. Roberts in Juneau, Alaska I took this photo of the inlet our cruise ship came up to reach Juneau.  Because of a bridge across the inlet at Juneau, we could not go any further north but had to go back down the same route.

photo 100_2600.jpg

#5270412 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Still on top of Mt. Roberts, I took this photo of the top of the cable car lift as well as showing a part of the view to the north and the mountains and terrain beyond Juneau.

photo 100_2602.jpg

#5270413 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Here we can see just a small part of the business district of Juneau from high atop Mt. Roberts…as well as the two cable cars you take to get to the top of the mountain.  This is the steepest cable car ride in North America….and you can see why!  When one cable car is coming up, the other is going down.

photo 100_2592-1.jpg

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Nickle98 Nickle98.
    #5270415 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

As you begin your ‘tour’ on top of Mt. Roberts, you see these twisted and oddly growing tree’s as you start your walking tour on a trail.  The info. plaque says that the heavy snows there push the tree’s down and then the spring growth lets them lift up in new growth…thus the up and down growth.

photo 100_2598.jpg

#5270416 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Today’s last photo was taken from the deck of the “Nature Center/Gift Shop” and is of an old abandoned Eagle’s nest.  It was about 5 foot or so across.  HUGE NEST!

photo 100_2595.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.