**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Monday, April 28th, 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Monday, April 28th, 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 29 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by 4mybackyardpa5 4mybackyardpa5 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to your picture post for Monday…….. I hope everyone had a great weekend.. Please sit and enjoy all the great photos, or post some of your own.

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5137853 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I am going to have hodgepodge all week.  I have some of everything… and don’t know where to start…

So for starters  it’s birds…

#5137854 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

And now for the swans…… dancing just for you..

#5137855 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

A couple more orioles…

#5137857 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

The neighbor ladies Christmas cactus… its getting ready to bloom

#5137862 Report Abuse
    dsp
    dsp
    Participant

Hi, everyone!  I hope that each of you had a wonderful weekend.  I’ve just now looked at all of this weekend’s posts — absolutely beautiful photos, and such a wonderful tour of Ireland!  I enjoyed each and every pic from the past few days!

Sharon, the bird photos from today are so beautiful, as is the flowering cactus!  I especially like the goldfinches!

We did a lot of yard work this past weekend; while outdoors I noticed that a lot more of my iris are blooming — I have both purple and yellow ones now:

I hope that everyone has a wonderful up-coming week!

Find more about Weather in Huntsville, AL

#5137873 Report Abuse
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

I love the pictures you two! Wish I got cardinals! My Christmas cactus bloomed in December on time for once-all three of them! The Easter ones did too.

#5137914 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

I have hummingbirds and they seem to be increasing each day.

And now my azaleas are beginning to bloom to do even more to attract the hummers.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5137923 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Wow Sharon, you always take the best pictures; I love the birds, swans and Christmas cactus.

Dinah. Your Irises are beautiful.

Hi Wendy!

Steve, love the hummers and  azaleas; I’m jealous the only time I have ever had three hummers on one feeder was when we had snow and freezing weather. My hummingbirds are so territorial they don’t like to share.

Scrub Jay

Lollie

#5137927 Report Abuse
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

mmarnee I like the doggy! What a sweety!

#5137934 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning Sharon and BYC friend’s!  Love the hodge-podge day and birds, flowering bush’s, etc. already today.  Before my son and I left our 2nd hotel, my son took a walk and found these three diner cars outside and near the abbey.  They are the actual rail cars that were used on the Orient Express and some very big named people rode them at one time.  They were turned into a restaurant at this hotel even though the outside looks pretty scruffy.  I’m sure they’ll clean and paint them before long.  The restaurant wasn’t open inside them yet, so he didn’t get inside, though it HAD been open last fall and hotel guests and others could have a meal in them.

photo DSCF1721.jpg

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Nickle98 Nickle98.
    #5137937 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

These two statue’s stood sentinel duty outside the entrance doors of the “Pullman Express” restaurant at our “Glenlo Abbey Resort and Golf Club” where we stayed on our 2nd and 3rd night’s.

photo DSCF1723.jpg

#5137939 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

This is the entrance to our 2nd Hotel named “Glenlo Abbey Resort and Golf Club”.  We were met by an employee who took our car key and brought in our bags as we were checking in.  A nice touch, since the steps would have given us a bit of a struggle when trying to get into the hotel.

photo DSCF1725.jpg

#5137944 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Here is another shot of part of the Glenlo Abbey Hotel and Golf Resort where we stayed our 2nd and 3rd night in Ireland.  This shows the Chapel of the Abbey.  It once was a real Abbey used by nuns and monks and later turned into a Hotel and Golf Resort after years of being empty.  I can’t imagine the cost it took to restore it into a useable Hotel.  They certainly did a magnificent job of restoration and addition’s and we were very comfortable and well-cared for….though their meals were a bit pricy.  I think one of the meals we shared cost me $73.50 for the two of us.

photo DSCF1717.jpg

#5137946 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

At the base of the entrance stairs, I turned around and this view of the golf course was just opposite the entrance….along with many flower gardens and potted plants and shrubs all over the grounds.  The Golf course overlooked a majestic view of the countryside to a huge lake in the far distance, for the land sloped downward till it ended in the lake over a mile or more away.

photo DSCF1718.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.