**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, June 19th, 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, June 19th, 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 28 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Posynut_NY_zone4 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to your picture post.  I hope everyone is safe from all the storms… If you have some photos please share…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5155135 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I have to start today with the babies… Mama was on the other side of the lake… right after the storm went through… I only got one pic…but you can see the babies..

#5155138 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

And hummer day…

#5155143 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

And a few flowers and fauna…

#5155149 Report Abuse
    Almb
    Almb
    Participant

photo Flower6_zps39831747.jpg

Petunia

#5155160 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Sharon, the kitten graphic is adorable…Great shot of Mama and her babies… You know I love the hummers; your pictures are so clear…. And the flowers are beautiful.

Alecia, nice shot of the Petunia.

Today was Hummer day here also.

The Scrub Jay stopped by for lunch

#5155164 Report Abuse

naturelover_OH_Z5
    Participant

Sharon….the swan babies are so cute. Great closeup shots of the hummer, and pretty flowers.
    Almb….pretty color!
    mmarnee….. cute hummer pics, and thirsty jay.

#5155166 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning Sharon and BYC friend’s!  The hummers are such interesting birds and the flowers are beautiful, as usual.  This morning I’m going back to Alaska again, to start.  Don’t know where I’ll finish yet.

photo 100_2565.jpg

#5155167 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

From atop of Mt. Roberts in Juneau, Alaska…this VISTA was seen from the arrival building as you take the cable car 1800 feet up to the mountain top.  Below and just out of the photo is the town of Juneau itself.

photo 100_2593.jpg

#5155168 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

After we arrived at the top of the mountain, I took this photo looking down at the two cable cars that traversed the distance between the ocean-side ticket office and the top of the mountain.  Downtown Juneau is to the right of this photo….and I’ll show a pix of it next.

photo 100_2592.jpg

#5155169 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Here is a photo of downtown Juneau from atop Mt. Roberts.  If you look close you’ll see a bridge across the ocean arm from Juneau to a bedroom community on the other side and which prevents our cruise ships from going further up the ocean arm.  The large building in the center of town is a government building.

photo DSCF1186.jpg

#5155170 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

This photo is the route that our cruise ship (and others) uses to get to Juneau and was taken from the top of Mt. Roberts in Juneau.

photo DSCF1187.jpg

#5155171 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

This is the cable car you board to go to the mountain top.  You have to walk up a ramp to get to it and it has few seats around the inside, so many stand up for the ride..AND…for a better view as it ascends the steepest cable car ride in North America.

photo DSCF1181.jpg

#5155173 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

After you arrive at the top of Mt. Roberts and exit the arrival building (which also holds a museum; a gift shop and a restaurant as well as bathrooms) this is what you’ll see behind the building and running back into the mountains that are covered with trails you can walk and camp and do whatever your heart desires….as long as you don’t try to go too far and get lost.

photo DSCF1193.jpg

#5155174 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Today’s last photo was taken inside a 2nd building on top of Mr. Roberts that contained a small nature center and a gift shop.  These plaster casts were of the footprints of two types of bears.  The one on the left (smaller) was taken of a common Black Bear.  The one on the right was taken from a footprint of a Alaskan Brown Bear!  This is ONE BEAR I don’t want to make a close acquaintance with!!!!

photo DSCF1215.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.