**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, July 5th, 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, July 5th, 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 29 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by CatsBirds CatsBirds 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to your picture post, Saturday, July 5th. I hope everyone had a great 4th…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5260776 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Around the lake for the 4th…

#5260777 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

More around the lake..

#5260780 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

And for those of you that didn’t get to see fireworks… we had them in front of us and behind us… I couldn’t get them all…

#5260782 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

More fireworks..

#5260783 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

And a few more.

#5260813 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

WOW Sharon!  What great pix of fireworks and folks enjoying themselves around your lake.  Loved ‘em!  This morning I’ll show some of my flowers I planted earlier in my various pots and this one is of some snapdragon flowers in my “potty” tank and doing so well!

photo DSCF0990.jpg

#5260814 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Last year I bought some permanent ceramic pots to hold my flowers rather than some plastic one’s that had broken from the sun and age.  This year I planted flowers in every one (I’ve got 6 that cost me $5 each) and the flowers have grown well.  I bought some different flowers for my back deck than for my front display.  These are some of the one’s on the back deck and are (Red) Verbena and I can’t find the name of the light colored one’s.

photo DSCF0991.jpg

#5260815 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

A few more in their ceramic pots.  I have them all along my deck rail in the back of my home.

photo DSCF0991-1.jpg

#5260816 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Sorry ’bout the double post.  Here is one that is doing so well, too.

photo DSCF0992.jpg

#5260817 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

When I was in the hospital recently, my Pastor visited me and left me this small cactus in a little square pot.  I’ve watered it very little but just enough to keep it going…and then thought, “Why not put it outside on my back deck where it’ll get LOTS of sunshine?”….so I did.  My very first cactus plant that I’ve ever owned.  It IS PRICKLY and yet seems to be growing OK.  I’ll transplant it when it gets a bit bigger, into one of my ceramic pots that the flowers didn’t take to.

photo DSCF0994.jpg

#5260820 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

In the front of my home are 5 BIG planter pots and I’ve planted “Salvia” in purple in each one and they, too, are growing grandly!  A bit different from my usual colored flowers, I thought.

photo DSCF0995.jpg

#5260821 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Today’s last photo is another of my generously blooming day lily’s along with my dragonfly ‘thing’ that is beside them.  They are blooming so well and the slightly lighter colored one’s are just to the right of them in this pix.  My ivory day lily isn’t yet in bloom.

photo DSCF0996.jpg

#5260839 Report Abuse

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

Good Saturday morning!  

Sharon: I like the picture of the flag with your husband sitting there.  At first I thought it was a soldier with the flag.  Your lake pictures are so pretty and the fireworks was so pretty.  Thanks for sharing with us.  I watched “thunder on the mountain”   from my easy chair.  That’s what they called the fireworks displayed from Birmingham, Al   at Vulcan Park.  It was really good and colorful.  

Hi Cliff:  very pretty color display with your flowers.  You have a nice green thumb.

#5260860 Report Abuse
    gkids3_il
    gkids3_il
    Participant

Morning

Wonderful 4th pictures Sharon.  Looks like a good time was had by all.

Could hear all of the fireworks from at least 4 different venues but because of the trees, couldn’t see any and not into fighting the crowds to see them.  Been there, done that  :)   They’re just as pretty watching them on the tv.

Cliff I’d say you definitely have a “green thumb”.  Beautiful flowers.  May I make a suggestion about the cactus….repot it  now into a little bigger pot and it won’t be so hard to repot later.  Meme sent me a cactus 3 years ago.  I’ll show you what size it was then and what size it was last summer.  I haven’t taken a pic of it yet this year.  They love “neglect”.  I put it outside in the summer and forget it unless we have weeks of no rain, then I give it a small drink.  I bring it in during the winter and set it in front of a window and only once a month, give it a tiny bit of water.  So far so good.

This is the size it was in August, 2011 when she sent it to me.

This is how much it had grown from Aug., 2011 , when she sent it to me to Sept, 2013.  I haven’t taken a picture of it yet this year.

Morning Joan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.