Weekend Picture Post for 8/30 -8/31/14 (Pretty in Pink)

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Weekend Picture Post for 8/30 -8/31/14 (Pretty in Pink)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I don’t think we’ve done pink yet, have we?  If we did we’ve all forgotten it so let’s see what you’ve got in pink.

Cosmos

Coneflower

Poppy

Garden Phlox

Zinnia

Camellia

Gerbera Daisy

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5278675 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Bougainvillea really more coral than pink… Monkey flower…Vincas…Cleome….Zinnia….Cornflower…Fruit tree….Hydrangea…Queens’ tears….Mystery flower….Scented Geranium….I guess I love pink flowers (all shades)

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5278676 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Pretty blooms Gayle and ili

Photo bucket seems to be having hot flashes so I will try another time.

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5278687 Report Abuse
    MDgreenery
    MDgreenery
    Participant

One of my favorite colors to see in the garden is pink & there are surely many lovelies to see here on the thread this morning.  Gayle, your Camellia is dreamy & I adore those Gerbera Daisies. Ili, such a charmingly sweet Geranium & your second flower reminds me of a Delphinium, which I love. Donna, your room of pink garden flowers is so very lovely.

Here are some of our pink flowers that aren’t planted above eye level & a few that are difficult to photograph.

Alstroemeria

Zinnia

These pink Asters finally started to flower after getting hit by a rain storm.

Stargazer Lily

These are new to me flowers, I believe they are called Guara?

#5278705 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Beautiful assortment of pink flowers.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5278740 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

OT lily

cleome

cosmos

lavatera

Asiatic lilies

zinnia…

drift roses

above are poppies

One of my favorite photos of lilies from a few years ago…

#5278742 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Ann, that Gerbera Daisy came back  an off shade of white this year.  Not pretty at all.  And the Alstromeira died off w/o ever blooming.  It looked bad all season.  I was really disappointed in that.

Anyway, here is a David Austin rose

Elodie Asiatic Lilies

Oriental Lilies

Chocolate MG (Pink ?)

Magnolia Blooms.  Taken a few yrs. ago but still have the same tree & blooms

Another Oriental Lily

#5278744 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Linda, that is a pretty Lily picture.

#5278787 Report Abuse
    MDgreenery
    MDgreenery
    Participant

Oh my, Stella! Your peony picture nearly “made my knees shake”, as Annie has said about  bodaciously, beautiful, girlyific flowers.

Your pink garden displays are so beautiful, Narnian. And I would love to have those lilies (both your favorite & the first picture) growing in my garden too.

Gayle, I don’t know why I haven’t tried to grow the Choc. (?) MG. I believe that color/flower would fit nicely in our garden.

Sorry to hear that your gerbera reverted & that your Allies did poorly. I bought the Princess Fabiana (whitish ones) from Lowes Early in the season & they have been blooming non-stop. I have a bunch; if you would like a few full sized plants of these just let me know.

I don’t think many people know what there are when they first come out at Lowes b/c it is mostly a lush mini bush of variegated leaves (& usually loaded with buds). And one of the customers stopped & asked my husband if it was a hosta & if they do well in shade. Luckily, I happen to  know the manager of the GD there & hopefully put a beneficial bug in her ear about stocking different varieties next year….if not, then I will continue to order new varieties from an out-of-state nursery guy who carries/creates some extraordinary colors.

#5278802 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Gorgeous blooms everyone….

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5278819 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Gayle – beautiful pink blooms today.  Others pretty too, Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

#5278823 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Magnolias

#5278834 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Wow!  Gayle, so many pinks you have there!  What a gorgeous rose!  Ili, Donna, too beautiful! Too many to comment on indiv, however!  Lair, nice magnolia!  Narnian, you also have too many beauties to comment on individually!  Hi MD!  No Charlene?  Stella, pretty!  Hi TB!

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by margba margba.
    #5278840 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Great pictures everyone.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5278847 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Stella
    Community Team Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.