We had our first hummingbird of 2014 late this afternoon …. :)

Home Forums Backyard Chat General We had our first hummingbird of 2014 late this afternoon …. :)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  OhioLilacLady 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

DH and I were sitting out front while supper was cooking and, at first, I thought it was a large butterfly, until it buzzed the top of my head to get to the feeder behind me .  Definitely made my day ~~~

The bluebirds are here all the time now.  DH is (again) feeding them meal worms and they do love those.  We have 3 bluebird boxes for them and one is pretty active so we shall see .

We also had house wrens show interest in the same to houses today that they built in last summer hanging in the front yard maple tree so it may be an exciting summer around here to sit and enjoy.

Marilyn

#5141766 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Hi Marilyn,  well finally… it seems in some areas they are later this year…. I had 3 here yesterday… hoping for more….

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5141948 Report Abuse

gabbygirt_oh
    Participant

I finally saw my first for the year this past Monday

#5141988 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Whoohoo! Maybe they are late due to the colder spring in many areas & storms in other areas.

#5142048 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

Two more (female and another male) showed up this morning to join the lone male from yesterday so yes, they have arrived .

I agree that they are later than normal this year due to the long, cold Spring.

Marilyn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.