Water features and fairy garden

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Water features and fairy garden

This topic contains 22 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by AH64 AH64 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

I got all 3 of the water features done today and actually added a little to the fairy garden.

This is the first fountain I built 9 years ago.  It has been modified a couple of times due to broken parts and lost parts.  I like it the best this year.  This is right below my front deck so when sitting out there you have the soothing sound of the water.

This is the second one.  Nothing has been changed on this since it was done 6 years ago.

This is the pond in the fairy garden and finally the fairy house has been moved it.  The top to the fairy house was made 5 years ago and has been sitting in the woods every since to get the moss to start growing on it.  When the waterfalls is completed there is a wood burned sign Tinkerbell Falls.  This is work in progress and other than the falls and the pond everything is temporary.  Just trying out different looks.

And this little fairy is keeping a watch on the B&B garden.

I may finish if I live to be 100.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5159015 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Getting there Bette.  Looks good.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5159016 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

And at 101 you will have so much more to enjoy. What a wonderful way to spend time til you get there.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5159017 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Thanks Gayle

photo signature_3.gif

#5159020 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Wendy, at the rate I am going this summer and as busy as I am with working, I am just hoping to see 70 in about 7 months.  LOL

photo signature_3.gif

#5159033 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Looks really nice!  Enjoyed the pics!

#5159035 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Wonderful work in progress.  Bette you are working so hard.  Those rocks (boulders) are not light.  I’m sure your back is hurting.  Great job!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5159052 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Looking good!  Glad you are finding time to work on the fairy garden as I know it has been something you’ve wanted to do.  You’ll get there!  One thing about it, all gardens are a work in progress, and we are always adding, changing, modifying, etc.  That’s what makes it fun! (I think!)

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5159125 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I think they are looking great, Bette.  I like how you incorporate the rocks into your water features and gardens…..I know you have so many of them….when life gives you lemons….make lemonade.  My Mom always said that if you got all of your work done, there would be no reason to get up the next morning……lol  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5159127 Report Abuse

hopscotch
    Participant

I like it already, Bette!!  You’ll eventually get there.

Leroy

#5159132 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Bette you are doing a good job looks nice so far love the tree stump with the fairy in it.  My gardens are always work in progress also.

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

#5159136 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Thanks everyone.  There are many gardens to build yet and of course the waterfalls.  I think I am procrastinating a bit on that.

Charlene would be believe I am out of rocks.  Time for a trip with the 4 wheeler and trailer.

My neighbor is coming this morning to help me or should I say cut the stringers for me for the foot bridge so may get that done today.  I am no good with cutting a straight line with a skill saw.  Time will tell however as I have a busy schedule today which involves a couple of hours in town which I don’t really have time for but need to help some folks out for a while.

photo signature_3.gif

#5159147 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Looks very nice Bette,  I like your rocks, but I have told you that many times.  I have lots of rocks in my yard, only thing I have to go to farmers fields to get them.  It would be hard for me to say which one is my favorite,

Carol

#5159311 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Looking better all the time Bette. I love that fairy in the last picture!

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5159314 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Kathy, isn’t she cute and that stump is just the place for her.

photo signature_3.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.