VIP~Wednesday 7/16/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat VIP~Wednesday 7/16/14

This topic contains 12 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by anky37 anky37 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Good morning all. Much cooler here as the colder temps come in from Canada. After heavy rains at times the past two days, it should be dry today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5264521 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Good morning Wendy; you are on your way to work and I think I am ready for bed. It’s cooler here as well which I will take any day over the high heat and humidity.

Not sure what I will get up to, will have to think about that after I catch some sleep. I’m sure puppy will be waking Rick up any time now wanting her breakfast so I best crawl under the covers.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5264536 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

I was just about to finish my post and it vanished before my  eyes so I will just say good morning.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5264547 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Good Morning Wendy and Kathy and Good night Donna :) I have been sitting here waiting for the rain to let up so my sattelite would work. I am not complaining about that we have needed the rain and cooler temps for so long. I will hopefully have a more “normal” day today whatever normal is for me. Work on the parsonage and no more problems popping up there, other than the roof I think everything is being replaced. It will be wonderful to see things starting to be put together since for weeks it has all been demolition. I haven’t had much time to keep up with everyone here so I will just say I hope you ALL have a wonderful day.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5264554 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

Good morning. Wendy, our temps were cooler yesterday and today will only be around 90. Kathy, I hate when that happens. Sweet dreams, Donna. Molly, I hope you have a normal day also. I don’t know what normal for me is either. There is always something going on now, projects to complete, and so many people around. Waiting on grandbaby #8 in the next week or so.

Work today. Suppose to have zumba tonight but I don’t think I’m up to that yet, so I’m sure the others will want to cancel again.

Have a good day.

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

#5264568 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Good morning.  It’s 46 and I’m not sure if it’s July or October???  We left many windows open last night and its a bit chilly in here right now!  Brrrr.  It is to start warming back up today tho, with highs of 80 by Friday.  That will be nice.

Dh just about finished the sub floor yesterday.  He has the hallway and entryway to finish.  It’s a big job b/c he is putting down cement board since we will tile the floor.  You have to mix a bucket of morter which is a tough job.  A 5 gal pail only covers 5 sheets.  He has to cut the sheets to the size he needs as they have to be staggered so 4 corners don’t meet.  Then he trowels down the morter, lays a sheet, then it has to be screwed in every 6″.  His knees and back were killing him last night, and he was asleep on the sofa by 8:30.

I couldn’t do too much work with his job, and since you can’t walk on the floor for 24 hours there wasn’t much point trying to paint.  This morning I will go buy ceiling paint and samples for the kitchen and dining rooms.  I never buy colored paint without samples first!  I’m hoping to get the ceiling painted in the cabinet areas so we can start installing soon.  The kids have been troopers, the mess doesn’t faze them (not sure what that says about my homemaking skills).  We had Dominoes last night and ate on the deck so they were thrilled!

Molly-I’m glad your DGD wasn’t hurt.  What a scary experience for her.

Kathy-I can’t believe that you won’t have access to your driveway.  That is ridiculous!  Usually when there is construction they allow local traffic.  I don’t see how they expect people to live without getting to their driveways.  Did he ask about a concession to allow you to get a moving truck in?

Time for more coffee and then I better get to work!  Have a great day.

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5264569 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Good morning.  61 and looks like rain any minute.  Had a busy day at work yesterday as usual.  Came home and managed to make a pot of potato leek soup and then made stuffed mushrooms for supper.

Don’t work until 4 today.  Am leaving shortly to go fix DD’s computer.  Not what I want to do today but she will be starting her college courses again shortly and need to get it running properly again.  When I get home want to get a few more baskets done before I have to leave for work.  Need to go dig some dirt and get it mixed and wet up so it is ready for when I get home.  Am using regular dirt mixed with peat moss and vermiculite in the bottom of all the baskets and big containers.

Have a great day.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5264570 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Good morning everyone.  It is 46º here this morning,  ”They” say that now it is supposed to warm up a bit.  I am not a big lover of heat, but I’d like it a bit warmer than it has been the past couple of weeks.

Wendy….glad your rain is done and I hope you have good weather for the weekend.

Donna…..I hope you are getting some good sleep right now.

Molly….sounds like you had quite a day yesterday.  I am glad that it wasn’t worse than it was.  I am sure that DGD was shaking in her boots after that incident…..good she didn’t get a citation.

Kathy….that really sucks about having to move everything through the alley.  It sure is going to make your move much more difficult.  Do you have lots of help lined up?

Leslie…..you must be the leader of the Zumba class?  I hope you can soon start feeling normal…..summer colds are the worst!

Karen….sounds like you container veggie garden is doing well for you!  My tomatoes are doing good, but I think I should have planted the cucumbers in a larger container.  We are getting cukes, but the leaves seem to be dying.

Melissa….sorry that you won’t have a kitchen sink for awhile, but I am sure you will get a long just fine with the laundry room sink.  DBIL & DSIL were without a sink for several months when they remodeled their kitchen.  She had to wash dishes in the tub…..lol

Bette….sounds like you had a big day in the city, but glad you got some good buys.

Stella…we also have way too many weeds, but with this cold weather I do not even feel like gardening.

Margba…..I bet you are getting excited for your move.  When is it that you will be moving?

If I forgot someone…..good morning anyway!

I am going to work for a bit this morning and then closing to go to my Aunt’s funeral.

Have a great day everyone.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5264575 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

Good morning!  We are waking up to a lovely looking day.  It is pretty chilly right now (for July) but will warm up nicely into the lower 70′s by this afternoon.  Doesn’t look like we will have much of a chance of rain in the upcoming week.  Maybe we will be surprised.

Not much happening here right now.  I have no idea what I will be doing today, just hoping for a good day.

Have a good one!

photo signature_3.gif
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5264610 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good Morning everybody.  74º at 9:15 & some much needed rain.  Had a TS around 6 last night & then a good rain early this morning

I went out to walk around & decided this would be a good day to plant the Hydrangea & move a few things.  I came in, straightened up the house, got my stuff together, opened the back door & it was raining again.  But I’m not complaining (yet).  I’ll take care of it between showers.

If it doesn’t blow, I can go sit in the screen room later, listen to the rain & read.  But I have to get my pillows dry first.  The cover blew off the glider last night & they got wet again.  It takes a long time to get them dry so I put one in the dryer to see if that speeds it up.

Kathy, I agree with Melissa.  It’s hard to believe they are going to block residents from their homes for that long.   Brian should ask about clearance for the moving truck & explain about how he  can’t park his valuables so far away.  Maybe he can work out an arrangement with the owner of the house he’s buying.

Hope everybody has a great day

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5264630 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Morning all.  It was a cool morning with temps in the 50s, but it will get up to 72 today.  NICE!  Just right for me.  I am making this short because I have a lot to do before we leave for the city to get some more mulch and groceries.

Right now I am drying some herbs and finishing a load of wash.  The sun is shining but it sure is breezy out there.  I have to water some plants also before we leave for town today.  Both DH and I got new cell phones which we needed, for our old ones were hitting the four year old mark.  We had to upgrade our phones anyway, so I dropped my smart phone and went to a slider which you can text with also.  I saved a little getting rid of the data package, but I added some text service to one phone.  100 text messages for $3.95.  DH likes to text a flea market friend occasionally, so he got the text service.  The cost of him dong that without the service was over 4 bucks, so it just made sense to get more text service for the price.

Well I gotta run.  I hope everyone has a great day today.  Sounds like a lot of fixing, moving and etc..is going on for a few of us here, but once things get done we will be pleased to be able to relax for a bit.  However, us gardeners can relax when we are in our gardens.  Just makes the day go by so much easier for me.

Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Hello everyone!  I was going to answer each individual post but my best friend called and invited herself over for a coffee…..perfect.  I was so happy to see her.  With all the hoopla of my visitors I had not seen her for almost 3 weeks.

Now I will have to go weeding….again. I keep working an hour at a time with breaks in between.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5264685 Report Abuse
    anky37
    anky37
    Participant

Good afternoon all. I can’t believe this day has slipped away. Of course that happens when all you can do is sit around all day. I went to the chiropractor yesterday. The warm ultrasound therapy he did on my lower back felt wonderful. I’m not moving too fast  & not doing anything else for a while. Last time I did this it was 2 months before I started feeling normal. I hope it’s quicker this time.

I spent the last 2 nights at the hospital with DB. The lumbar drain is doing the job & it’s staying dry, meaning it’s not leaking. He’s still laying flat. Hopefully he’ll be able to sit up soon. Then they check to make sure there’s no leakage there. From that they’ll remove the clamp & see if the site is healed. I hope so. He’s wasting away to nothing. And his mind is going back so quickly. I tried playing cards with him but he didn’t know what to do. And he’s lost so much weight. He’s getting a liquid food but I think he needs more calories. DS is going to talk to someone about that today.

And DF needs a catherization on Wednesday. Of course I asked younger sis if she could be there & I got the same old bull$hit from her. She really pi$$es me off.

SO….

Molly I’m glad your DGD was ok. That’s one of my biggest fears-hitting someone.

Charlene hope all goes well with the funeral.

Melissa I went for months without a kitchen. The grill, crockpot & electric frypan never got so much use as then. Dishes were washed in bathroom sink & stored in the dishwasher! One time I even took them to MIL who needed to run her dishwasher. When I got back the stove & sink, both were in a temporary spot for almost 1 year. Kids could care less– just throw some food at them & they’re happy!!

Julie I have a tracfone. It’s a smart phone & I love it. I do have a limit to text, talk & data but it was 1800 minutes. I almost have my text limit used up but I still have lots of talk & data. I paid $200 for the year which comes to about $16 a month. DD pays over $80 for her verizon phone & I can do everything she does. I love it. If you want more info, LMK.

Kathy that absolutely sucks!! I can’t believe they can do that!!

Bette have a good night a work!!

Hope your “coffee” visit was a good one Stella!!

Tomorrow a few of us are going to visit the girl I work with. The one who’s husband asked her for a divorce. Her dad just died yesterday. As if she doesn’t have enough.

have a good day all

photo signature_1.gif

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.