VIP~Thursday 7/24/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat VIP~Thursday 7/24/14

This topic contains 14 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Good morning all. My post disappeared so I ‘ll just say good morning and have a nice day.
    Praying for Charlene.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5267245 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Good morning to you too Wendy.

I havent been posting much at all this past week because my posts, too many times, disappear also. I also am always needing to log back in. This new and improved board really sucks and is very frustrating.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5267249 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Good Morning Wendy, Kathy and all..nothing new to report here so I will just say I hope everyone has
    a good day, prayers for Charlene and all who need them.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5267270 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

Good morning. I don’t have posts disappear, but like Kathy, have to log in too much, which is why I didn’t post yesterday. I guess I could have when I got home, but was too busy putting up a rain diverter on the roof, and spraying flex seal on one side of the chimney. I had a leak in all that rain Monday and now have a hole in the ceiling in the den. Just another thing to add to my list. Tonight, if it doesn’t rain, I will put a diverter over the back door and spray the front and other side of the chimney. (This is one of those metal ones, not brick.)

Last work day this week. Next week I have to get back into the full 4 day work week. No more vacation until Christmas I hope. This weekend I would love to go see baby Olive, and the rest of the girls, but really need to work on that floor.

Prayers for Charlene.

Have a good day.

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

#5267284 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Good morning.  56 and partly cloudy right now but should see the sun later.  Didn’t get around to post yesterday.  This week is so crazy at work without the day chef being there.  All I did yesterday was prep to keep the work stations full and make a batch of French Onion Soup that took me all day with all the interruption to get something else done immediately.  To top it off last night I got a call from my neighbor who forgot to let me know he and the family will be arriving tonight for the weekend.  I haven’t cleaned from the group that left on Saturday yet.  Did get the last load of sheets in the washer last night so put them in the dryer before I leave for work and come home and clean over there after work.

Today will be hell at work as I will need to do everything that has to be done for the weekend in one day rather than 2 plus still need to roll all those meatballs and get the cooked.  I need to go to town early today as I have a bunch of errands to run.  Thankfully we got a little rain yesterday so don’t need to worry about watering until I get home sometime tonight.

Charlene, your positive attitude is one of the best medicines you can have.

Have a great day.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5267291 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Good morning everyone.  Our cool weather is back and is very comfortable.  We do need rain and that is in the forecast for tonight.

I managed to get a few flower pics taken last night….some things here are doing well….others not so good.

The only time posts disappear for me is when I hit the “windows” button on the keyboard instead of the left shift key….still not used to this newer keyboard….my fat fingers often hit more than one key.  I’d really be screwed on an ipad or phone.

Leslie…sorry about your leak.  You have to tell Gayle about those diverters for her back door where she has problems with the rain pouring down.  I hope you do get to see your newest grand baby soon.

Have a good day at work everyone….same for me today….plus lunch with friends.

Thanks for the prayers….and I hope everyone has a great day.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5267301 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

I am on a break so I thought I would stop in for another minute.. When I go in I will need to make popcorn for the whole plant which I do every Thursday. I don’t mind since it takes up two hours of my time and goes by fast. I am using text speaking to type so I will now post and see how it looks.

Kathy zone4

#5267311 Report Abuse

razzmataz
    Participant

Good morning, all.

I am sitting here feeling so lazy……rested all day yesterday after working 17.5 hours on Tuesday.  It seems lately every day that I am on call for work I end up working straight thru til after midnight.  This old body doesn’t bounce back after a day like that as quickly as it used to.  Then, they called this morning, wanting me to come in to cover a call off.  My phone is messed up and won’t ring aloud, so I didn’t hear.  DH was awake and saw it light up, I guess, and heard him asking me if I wanted to talk to my manager, I thought he had answered.  I was about to scold him for that, but he handed it to me and I was trying to say hello, then saw it was just a missed call!  I was glad for that………..now when I tell her I missed her call, its the truth.  I have no plans to go in, as we are going camping with the grands for the weekend…….sometimes you gotta say NO!

Hope you all have a wonderful day and prayers for all who need them………..especially praying for Charlene for quick and positive test results!

#5267312 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Good morning.  It’s 54 and certainly a cool down, once again.  It’s the summer that wasn’t.

Back home and more work to do on the kitchen.  Got some cabinets in the house last night and so far we are having issues with hanging.  The corner isn’t plum, so need to try to shave it down on one side (the wall), then the coffee bar area walls are also not square, so have to get creative there too.  Also have some issues with the ceiling.  I was so tired last night I just couldn’t think or deal with it.  Today will be better.

Hope everyone has a good day.

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5267357 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Good morning everyone!  Finally a beautiful perfect summer day.  It is quite cooler this morning.  I can’t stand the humidity.

Yesterday afternoon I invited one of my neighbors for a coffee.  We began at 3 in the afternoon, and my dinner time I said she might as well stay and have dinner with me.  I had nothing prepared, but boy did I work fast to make a decent dinner.  She loved it.  Thank goodness I had some wine left over from when the visitors were here.  Zorro was very happy with my guest.  She happens to be his dogsitter…..LOL.  It was just after nine when she left.  A good time was had by all.

This morning, I decided to go around the yard to take quick pictures.  Well they came out ok, but when I tried to post them, they were small.  It does not have the same effect as in the actual size.  Maybe one day I will be able to post them properly.

Seems like some of you have a difficult time with logging in and posts being lost.  I only have the problem with pictures.  Not much we can do.

I have to go into the city which I am not looking forward to.  When I get back….it’s back to weeding.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5267382 Report Abuse
    anky37
    anky37
    Participant

Good morning, still. I never have problems with my posts disappearing. I wonder why so many of you do. I know, as I said before, sometimes I’ll hit a wrong key on the computer & it disappears. If this happens, try this: immediately right click on your mouse or mouse pad. If you see the word “undo”, go & click that. It will bring back what you had on the screen. Unless it’s something else, this will work if you mistakenly hit a wrong key. I do this so many times. But you have to do it before you hit any other key.

Charlene– I’m assuming the wishes are just for a good result & not that you got a bad result back, right??

DB is doing much better. The back seems to have healed. It was leaking any fluid yesterday. Now they are working on getting the body to do what it’s suppose to (think bathroom). He seemed to be a bit blocked but last night there was much progress. Once one thing starts to work properly, the other thing should work. He has a catheter in so that should help you understand. I’m hoping he can come home over the weekend. DF surgery went well. He only had a small blockage but his heart is only working at 30%. They will discuss a defibrillator. Sis is having surgery tomorrow. Oh My!! What a summer.

I took some pics, now I have to get them uploaded.

We had 2 majors storms here last night but we were at the hospital during that time. It hit there too & we could see the pouring rain. Thundered & lightening alot too. SIL said it was very bad here. Today it’s cool & no humidity!! Great day!

I did pull some weeds as I took pics. Gotta do when you can!!

Off to the blood bank today. I was going to call a friend to see if she wanted to do lunch but didn’t feel like it. My summer is winding down quickly.

Prayers for Karen’s niece, Charlene & everyone!

have a good day

photo signature_1.gif

#5267387 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

Good morning, its so cool here (68 right now with a wind that will cut you) and here I go camping tonight. Guess I need to fish out sweats and a jacket to wear instead of the shorts and tank top I have laid out to put on. Not much else going on with me. I’ll be back sometime Sunday and Steve will also be coming back in Sunday. SO glad I took off Monday to have a recoupment day and get the house and laundry caught up and I’m sure my dogs are going to need loving by then too, they will be so needy from me not being there the next 3 nights.

Also keeping you in my prayers Charlene for good results on the polyps. Hope everyone has a great day!

Kathy how close do you live to Deadwood, SD? That is where Steve is staying this week. Guess they’ll head back tomorrow since it’ll take 2 days to get back.

Bet sounds like you are running yourself ragged at work and home. Take time to smell your flowers. I keep thinking only about 5 more weeks of this weird summer weather and then its fall, it’ll probably warm up to normal summer weather by the time I shut my pool down. LOL

Sue sounds like your brother is finally improving. Glad your dad’s surgery went well.

My godsons’ grandmother had surgery yesterday (haven’t heard what all they found) but saw her daughter post that she is going in for a second surgery today. That doesn’t sound good at all.

Everyone have a great day and weekend!

#5267400 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Deadwood is on the other side of the state probably 6 or 7 hours away. Have fun this weekend

Kathy zone4

#5267429 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

He had said why don’t I come with him, I said the only way would be if I could meet up with Kathy. Glad I didn’t go. LOL

#5267446 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good afternoon everybody.  A rainy day but I was working so doesn’t matter.  Rain’s good for the gardens anyway.    It was 73º at 8:30 & sprinkling.

We had a TS come through around 1:30 AM & light rain off & on for most of the day.  There was a tornado that went through a campground about 60 miles south of here.   There were 1300 people staying there , 2 dead, lots of injuries & campers flipped all over the place.  (They haven’t actually confirmed a tornado yet but it was) .  A tractor trailer flipped over on the hwy.  I haven’t  heard the category or wind speed yet but hail the size of softballs was reported.

I was at work & actually heard about it from my son who told me it was all over the news where in lives (outside Annapolis, Md.)   A tornado is a real rarity around here so big news for sure.

I’ve4 been on the phone straightening out my property taxes.  I pay them myself on a monthly basis but ever since a 3rd party got involved with my mortgage company its been a nightmare.  They will bring up my tax info (which is their right to do so) & see a balance due & pay it which just messes everything up.  The guy I just talked to suggested I just let that happen & repay them instead of paying the county.  I might just do that.

No special plans for the rest of the day.  It’s getting too late in the day to start any big projects.

Charlene will be on my mind until we hear the results.

Yes, Leslie, tell me about the diverters but I think I know what they are.  Are they those v shaped things you put where two roofs come together?

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.