VIP ~Wednesday 7/30/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat VIP ~Wednesday 7/30/14

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by plantdoctorzn4 plantdoctorzn4 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Good morning all. Still September in July as far as the weather goes. The heavy rain seems to be done but still a chance of showers the rest of the week. Last day of work for me until Monday. I’m looking forward to the break. I already see the days becoming shorter. It’s dark when I leave the house for work now.

Have a great day all. Still thinking of and praying for Charlene.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5269132 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Good morning Wendy and all who follow.

It is September weather here too and I am in my car with a sweater on and the windows open while I have a cup of coffee waiting to go into work. I feel as snug as a bug and that is just a cozy feeling.

I feel wide awake this morning and I hope I feel that way after work so I can go to the house and get something done
    I want to have the bathroom and the kitchen spotless clean before I move in.

Hope you all have a good day, see you later.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5269133 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Good Morning Wendy, Kathy and all. I am going to be a busy bee for the next couple of days, so much to do outside before I go on “vacation”. We are having a few cooler days too and I love it! Nothing new and exciting for me these days but I wanted to check in and say howdy anyway.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5269134 Report Abuse
    anky37
    anky37
    Participant

Good morning all. The weather sure is messed up… it does feel like September. Bet October will be hotter then it should be too! We have 54^ right now. I was actually cold overnight with the fan in the window.  It makes the pool too chilly to enjoy.

I picked my first cucumber on Monday & ate half of it. It tasted pretty good!! This is the first year I planted them in the ground. I’ve been putting them in containers & they haven’t been growing right, too short & stubby. But this one was nice. I wanted to take a pic but forgot!!

Kathy you start early!! That really sucks about the road being closed. I still can’t believe they can do that!

Wendy I’m sure you’ll enjoy the days off!! But the fly by!

Has Charlene heard anything yet?????

I know I read about visits from friends & bus trips & vacations coming up. I have something going everyday this week. My vacation days are quickly coming to a close. I’ll be back at work in a month.

I was at DB’s last night. He lost so much weight. It’s going to take a long time til he’s back to where he was. But at least the stitches are holding.

Oh & Gayle I love the pic!!

I’m picking up DsD & going to a farmers market this morning. You have to get there early or there is no parking. So I better get moving.

have a good day all

photo signature_1.gif

#5269137 Report Abuse

razzmataz
    Participant

Good morning, ladies……

I was wondering about Charlene, too.  She popped into my mind early this morning, and as I haven’t been on for a week or so, I wanted to pop in this morning to see if there was any news.  Praying for clear results.

I know that as soon as this cooler weather leaves us, I will have time to finally get outside and do something with my flowers/beds, ahhh. how I wish I could take advantage of this nice outdoor working weather……..as for enjoying summer, it is just a tad too cool for me to call it summer!  LOL!

Have a fabulous day, everyone!

#5269143 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Good morning everyone.  It is in the mid 50s here this morning and supposed to get into the lower 70s later.  This is for sure the summer that wasn’t.

No, I haven’t heard anything yet.  The waiting is driving me crazy.

Sue….glad to hear that your DB finally made it back home.  He was hospitalized for a long time.

Wanda….are you almost done with work?  How are the travel nurse plans doing?

Work in my shop today.  Have a great day everyone.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5269160 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Good morning.  51 and overcast here this morning.  However it is suppose to develop into a sunny day in another hour or so.  Need to go to town this morning for a couple of things then hopefully the sun will be out and warm things up and dry them out.  Really want to get some work done outside today before I have to go to work at 4.  The rest of the week is calling for showers.  Do have a little watering to do this morning also.  Annuals are dieing fast since they are not yet planted and not sure if I will ever get to them.  Should have worked outside yesterday when it was nice but I guess hind sight is always better but doesn’t help the cause at all.

Gayle love the picture of all the kids.

I haven’t taken any pictures this summer at all of gardens or kids.  Gardens aren’t worthy of a picture anyway.  If I am going to continue to work I need to find a better plan to get things done around here.  Maybe just get at it and do it.

Charlene hope you hear something soon but as they say no news is good news.  I found when I was going through tests if there was a problem I heard very quickly but if all was good it took them for ever to let me know what was going on.

Molly, I am sure you are getting anxious about your vacation and seeing family.

Wendy, hope the weather turns out nice for you on your days off.

Kathy, the way you work I am sure you will have the kitchen and bathroom ready to move into in short order.

Have a great day.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5269179 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Good morning.  Sun is trying to shine and its 55.  Cabinets will start getting installed today!  Hope it all goes smooth.  Dh already seems crabby!  We are arguing over where to go on vacation next week.  I just don’t want to spend my vacation in the car, so to me closer to home is better.  I’m also way more of a home body than he is.  I’d like to explore our state parks in SW and SE MN, as there are some really amazing things to see and we’ve never been to any of them down there.  He wants to go to Yellowstone, which is 15 hrs away and chock full of people (how I see it).  Frustrating when you don’t see eye to eye.

Hope everyone has a great day.

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5269208 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Good morning!  Hurray…..the sun is out.  For how long, that’s another story.  They keep predicting a percentage of rain, but so far not a drop.  Perfect.  Yes, it is cooler than normal, but the temperature is supposed to rise by the weekend.

It’s pay back time.  I will be working in the garden all day.  I have to transplant several hostas.  This should be fun.  The weeds unfortunately have been waiting for me.  Not too many birds around these days.  I’m getting worried.  Talk of the West Nile virus is in the media.  Apparently birds and mosquito’s go together to create this virus.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5269231 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Melissa….SE has a beautiful state park only 10 miles north of here….Forestville State Park.  They bought some of our home farm when beginning it back in the mid 70s.  They have now added Mystery Cave to their park….a really cool cave.  They have horse trails, camping, lots of good history with the old store…..exactly how it was left when it closed in 1910 (I think that was the date)

DB#4 built a house on the back of our home farm over looking the river valley of Forestville State Park….there is also Big Springs….I could go on and on, but you get the drift, right?  LOL

If you are that close, we can surely get together again….I’d love to see you and DH again and get to meet your kids.  I can also send some more plants home with you.  I am slowly parting with many plants….too many for DH to care for if I need surgery.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.