VIP ~ Sunday, August 3

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat VIP ~ Sunday, August 3

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Good morning all. Cloudy and looks like rain again. At least I don’t have to worry about watering anytime soon. Lawn work will have to wait as well.

The more I think about it, the worx must have a defect in the line mechanism. It doesn’t make sense that all the spools they included do the same thing. Gayle, I got it on Amazon. The One-click buying feature can be very dangerous.lol

Church this morning. This afternoon I’m going out for dinner with my parents. Then I have to prepare for going back to work tomorrow.

Have a blessed day all.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by SunshineNY6 SunshineNY6.
    #5270200 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Good morning Wendy and all who visit later.  We have a beautiful morning here and suppose to be another nice summer day.  Not sure what we will be doing, but I do know DH wants to go to Rochester some time today.  We got a new printer when we got our computer a while back and now we need ink for the printer.  I guess we can’t get it locally, so we will make the big trip to the city.

I just re-read the chit chat thread…..Kathy, I missed your post last night.  I am so sorry about not having any water and too bad about the expensive fix needed for your car.  It seems that car has been nickel and diming you for the past few years.  I know you can’t afford it now, but you may need to find yourself a good used car….with a window….lol.

No….I haven’t heard anything from the Dr yet.  My reference to a possibility of having surgery came from a statement made by my local RNP when she talked to me last Monday night.  She suspects that he stopped the colonoscopy without finishing because it would be senseless to remove polyps from a colon that may need sections removed.  It is not for sure, but it is in the back of my mind and I just wish I would hear some news.

Wendy….did you read what I said about the Worx?  DH had the same problem and realized he had his in upside down.  He solved a couple other issues by going to their trouble shooting section on their website.

Wishing you all a wonderful day….and hoping Karen’s water issue gets resolved ASAP.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5270207 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Good morning all. It’s sprinkling and gloomy a good morning to sleep in that’s for sure. The open house was a bust 1 person took an application and that was it. At least I tried. Wendy I don’t rent to families they have to be 62 or disabled at any age. Some of our sites are for families but this one isn’t. Not sure what I will get into today feeling kinda lazy. Hope Karen and Kathy get there water straighten around. Have a good day all.

Sandy M.

#5270210 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Good morning.  58 and mostly sunny.  I hope to get some of the containers planted on the side yard.  Have to be to work at 2 this afternoon so doesn’t leave a lot of time to get things done here.

Karen, hope that test was good news that you should be getting this morning.

Kathy, I do wish that black cloud hanging over your head would move on.  It seems to take one step forward and 2 steps back.

Sandy, sorry you didn’t have good results with your open house.  As you said, at least you tried.

Wendy, dinner with your parents sounds nice.  Enjoy it.

I need to get moving.

Have a great day.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5270211 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Charlene I have them in right. I even tried winding it myself. I can’t figure how it gets from a nicely wound spool to such a tightly wound mess unless it is pulling on something mechanical.

#5270214 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Sandy….well at least it wasn’t a complete bust….maybe the one application picked up is will qualify and fill at least one unit.  Have you thought about going to one of the Senior Citizen’s centers and talking with them.  I know that here the landlord for our senior.disabled housing center often does that.

Bette….since you are going in at 2, you must be hostess today?  Have you found out if you will get tomorrow off in lieu of working today?  I often wished I had a day off during the week to do my running around so I wouldn’t have to do that on weekends…..most stores are extra busy on weekends and often have help that really can’t help you….lol.

Wendy….I just relayed the info from DH….I really have never used it.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5270215 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Good morning!  It’s going to be another beautiful summer day.   I’m hoping this weather lasts for the entire month…at least.

My youngest grandson is still here with me.  We had a great day yesterday, but grandma is a little tired this morning.  I will be bringing him back after lunch.  I enjoy having someone here.  You can call me a baby….I don’t like being alone…LOL

Bette, you were not aware that I live near a lake.  I just have to walk down the length of my avenue, pass the Legion and there is the Lac des Deux-Montagnes.  It is a large lake that borders the northern part of Montreal, goes around West Island, and even further west.  I knew there is a beach on our side….actually a couple of beaches, but I wasn’t aware there are a few on the other side of the lake.  It’s very difficult to explain.  Maybe if you have a map somewhere, you can check it out.  It’s quite beautiful.

So now I have an option of going with my DD and the boys to the public pool, or coming back to do some yard work.  I’m still not sure.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5270229 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

It’s another rainy, cloudy day here.  A little warmer than yesterday though, 72º at 8:15 this morning.

I’ve been out & cleaned up some of the Daylilies & weeded one of the flower beds.  Looking around, deciding what I’m going to put where this Fall.  My Hydrangeas are just not doing anything.  They are not getting any bigger & they are not blooming.  I’m going to try one more spot & if no improvement  over the next year or so I will replace them with something else.  I want to totally do over one end of my fence bed.  The trees in & around the yard are getting bigger & what I have there now needs more sun.  I’m thinking of putting the Hydrangeas along there since they say part sun although they are in part sun now.  Oh well, just have to see how it goes.

No plans for today.  My DISH Satellite has been out since Fri. morning & tech is supposed to come today to work on it.  Between 12 & 5.  Want to bet it will be 4:45.  LOL

Wendy, it does sound like it might be a defect of some kind.  Yo9u might need a new one.

Stella, I didn’t know you lived that close to a lake either.

Looks like I missed some posts on Chit Chat last night.  I need to go back & read it again

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5270244 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

Good morning!  It is so pretty outside this morning that I feel guilty not being thankful for it, but instead wishing for wind and rain.  The forecast I saw about an hour ago said that neither are very promising for the next 7 days – at least.  We need a strong SW wind to blow the algae bloom away from our edge of Lake Erie.  I’m sure other folks don’t want it either, so us hoping for that seems unfair.  However, I think our trouble is that it is laying so close to our southern shoreline because the only breeze we are getting is from the east and that is keeping everything in one spot.  Supposedly, this is in greater intensity because of that.  If it were more spread out it wouldn’t be so bad for anyone?  I find that hard to imagine but that is what is being put out there.  I have walked away from the television for my sanity’s sake.  As of about an hour ago, there was no news on the other test results we have been waiting on.  Water has been much more available than it had been at the start of this mess.  I want to thank Marilyn for her kind offer to share water with us!!!  Thank you so much, Marilyn!  I think we are okay for the time being, but if things change I will let you know.  I have family in the Bluffton area and they said folks were coming down there from Toledo for water when they couldn’t find it locally.   Mercifully, I think I am hearing more and more stories of folks sharing their resources rather than the price gouging and hoarding we heard early on.  That is heartwarming to be sure!

I think I will hit a craft store today and get things to make a birthday gift for DSis #4.  Her birthday is Wednesday.  Everyone was coming this way to a local restaurant for lunch, then  back to our house for sunflower cupcakes that I want to make for her, and gift opening.  That is all very up in the air at this point.  Most restaurants are not opening until this gets straightened out.  I am not trusting the ones that are opening.  Plan B may be that everyone brings a little something to share for a potluck lunch instead.  I happen to be the only one affected by this water trouble, so that could be the answer.

Thanks for the update on your situation, Charlene.  I was afraid I missed something on it.  I have to believe that as long as you have waited on this, the news has to be okay.  My experience usually has been that if a test result isn’t what it should be, you hear about it right away.  I am choosing to think that way about this also!  :)

Have a good day!  If mine can’t be good, at least it will be interesting.  ;)  Oh, and isn’t this a fine time to be out of hummingbird syrup?  :(

SantaandbabyJesuschristmas photo SantaandbabyJesuschristmas.jpg
    Karen
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5270246 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Good morning.

It will be another hot day today and the plants are in desperate need of water so if the neighbor is home I will ask if I can use hers and if she is not home I am not the kind of person that will just hook my hose up without asking, lol.

I had a very restless nights sleep so I got up late and am still tired. I think I will at least go to the house and get everything swept and vacuumed. The dog hair in there is not only unbelievable but disgusting. It is everywhere.

Charlene I am hoping and praying that you hear something tomorrow and that it is good news!!

Sandy I know a Realtor that said she has had slow open houses and she said it wasn’t only disheartening but very boring. Good luck at getting some units filled.

Bette how late will you have to work today since you go in early? I hope you get tomorrow off too.

Wendy sorry to hear about your worx. I will need a grass trimmer but Brian said I could keep his and his electric hedge trimmer. I wouldn’t know how to restring the grass trimmer so he will need to come over and do it for me, lol. Wish we had some of your rain but we do have some in the forecast this week.

Gayle, Brian had dish at the house but I like cable which there is seldom an outage with that. In all the years I have had cable I only had trouble twice, once when rabbits chewed through a low line and once when the ice storm knocked down the cables from the pole.

Karen I am so sorry about your scary water situation and please keep us posted.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5270252 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Charlene, tell dh I said thank you. I was hoping he relayed some info. Thanx.

#5270263 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

I need to get moving and get dressed for work.  I am in no rush to get there early today.  I am hostessing tonight and the kitchen is open until 10 so who knows what time I will be out.  If it is slow I could be out at 9 but if it is real busy it could be 11 and after.  Won’t know until I go in if I have tomorrow off.

Kathy, sure hope you were able to get water from your neighbor today.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5270266 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

No cable available in this area Kathy.  It is available just outside the community but not in here.

Everybody uses a satellite.  A few people use an antenna, but I’m not sure how they do that as you are not allowed to have one on the roof.  I think they put it in the attic or something.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.