VIP: My computer has been hi-jacked. I'm so sorry!

Home Forums Backyard Chat General VIP: My computer has been hi-jacked. I'm so sorry!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

I discovered that “Gorilla Price”  on my computer yesterday and it won’t let me delete it.     Don’t know how that happened as I have Virus Protection, use Firefox  and scan my computer before, during and after I’m online!! 

I’m NOT   E-MAILING  anyone  so don’t accept any Emails from me if you should receive anything and I pray I haven’t compromised anyone  by being on here.     I won’t be back  here until I get a new computer and change over all my info.      Again I’m so sorry.  Bye

#5152249 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Joan, if you will do a Google search for “Gorilla Price” it will tell you how to delete it.  I don’t know if these instructions work or how complicated it is because I’ve never had this problem.

Community Team Member

#5152284 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Oh, no!!!  So sory! I have gotten some threats like that on my tablet.  I just quickly do a virus scan to see if it says protected, then ignore & dont click on nothing re the threat or scam!  Probably you are ok if you dont do what “they” tell you to!  Tablets dont get as many of those kind of threats, I believe, so I would maybe look into getting a tablet.  Still i f you get a tablet, put antivirus protection on even if they say you dont have to!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.