VIP ~ Monday August 4, 2014

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat VIP ~ Monday August 4, 2014

This topic contains 14 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by skippydel13zone6KY skippydel13zone6KY 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Good morning all. In the sixties this morning and no rain as far as I can tell in the dark. Sunrise isn’t until 6:00am now. Back to work for me.

I hope Molly arrived to her vacation destination and has good weather.
    Hopefully Karen will be able to have drinking water back today.

Have a great day all.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5270409 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Good morning Wendy everyone that comes later.

Just having my morning coffee waiting to get in and I hope it is by 5 o’clock. I don’t like waiting for someone to get here to unlock the door before I can get in.

I hope you all have a good day and I will check in later.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5270420 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Good morning all. The sun is shining and I hope it dries the lawn so I can mow after work.

Have a good day

Sandy M.

#5270431 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Good morning everyone.  It is a beautiful morning and should continue throughout the day.  I can hear the weather man saying our best chance of rain is on Wed….I hope we do get some.

I didn’t have to make the Rochester shopping trip with DH yesterday.  I was just going in to change clothes to go when our son came over and said that he’d like to seal our sidewalks.  He needs someone to help him and I was the obvious choice since I have helped before.  He and I work well together.  So….I helped with the sidewalk project and DH went to Rochester with our list.  The sidewalks sure look nice.

Another work day in my shop for me.  I hope to hear from Melissa in the next couple days.

Wishing the vacationers a good time and everyone else have a great day.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5270453 Report Abuse
    labrat_
    labrat_
    Participant

Good Morning All!  Stopping in to say Hi to all, been a busy time but I often read and keep up with what’s going on with your gardens and lives.

It’s being a wonderful summer here, weatherwise and otherwise.  Lots of projects, getting together with friends, and a couple garden tours here at home.  Love the getting together parts, though in between is always keeping up with the maintenance, getting the place prettied up for guests and doing long overdue projects – yes, we did finish that patio roof and enjoying it immensely!

We’re pretty much making up for lost time over the last 2 summers.  Going through my brother’s terrible illness and recuperation, my Dad’s death, and hurricane Sandy (all at the same time), then last year doing all the cleanup, recovering, rebuilding, dealing with bad weather, work issues …  my life here is finally somewhat settled and I’m once again enjoying our home and gardens and friends  :)

Wishing all a beautiful, peaceful day ahead — enjoy every moment.  Good thoughts with those having health issues!

____________May all your weeds be wildflowers.____________

#5270462 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Good, morning.  61 and right now sunny.  We got 1 1/2″ of rain overnight so it is way to wet to work outside.  If the sun would stay out by noon I might be able to get out and do a little work but I am sure it will still be too wet to weed or till even then.  However, they are saying we may get more showers by mid morning.  I am never going to finish outside.

Did get the side yard all planted before work yesterday.  It was really busy early at work yesterday but it slowed down about 7:30 so I was able to get out about 9.  Unfortunately I do have to work today but at least don’t have to be there until 4.

If it doesn’t rain I will get the solar lights out on the side yard and get all the trays of perennials moved from the front deck to the greenhouse and try to get my decks finished up.  I guess that is accomplishing something but not the real things that really need to be done.

Have a great day.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5270463 Report Abuse
    Gitti Z5
    Gitti Z5
    Participant

Good Morning everyone. My Friend wend Home to Germany, 4 Weeks is a long time.

It is 66 F here, lugs like we get same raining. We need same , we had no rein for over 2 weeks.

Have a good Day…Gitti

photo signature_1_zps17dbf24d.gif

#5270469 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Good morning all.  We got rain yesterday evening and it rained almost all night.  Boy, we needed it badly.  Now maybe the grass will green up.  I sowed new grass and I won’t’ have to water that today.  The sun is peeking out, and it is supposed to be a beautiful day.  I have a lot of things to get done today inside and out.  I guess I should start moving more furniture out of the living room so my carpet guy can start ripping more carpet.  I will have to call him today to let him know I have the stone to set in front of the fireplace.

Charlene, what did you use to seal the sidewalks with??  They do look nice, for I was there and I wondered what you used to keep them looking so nice.

Wendy, Kathy and Sandy have a great day at work.

Gitti hope you get your rain for the flowers.  Did you have a nice time with your friend?

labrat, nice to see you dropping by to say hello.  I bet that patio roof looks really great.  Nice to have shade on hot days when you need it.

Bette, sounds like you been busy.  Have a great day at work.

It will be too wet to work outside today, so I will be working inside most of the day.  Hopefully I can get out to whack some weeds tomorrow.  Everyone have a great day.

Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Good morning!  The sun is out, but they keep predicting rain.  That was supposed to happen yesterday as well….nothing…not even a drop.  If I lived according to the weather predictions, I would become a hermit.  Best is to just go ahead with plans, and take whatever happens.  Plus a little rain is not going to melt me….would be a nice easy way to lose weight, but it’s not going to happen…LOL.

I have to get my act together this morning.  After the busy week I had, I’m in slow motion, but when I get going, I’m like a tornado.  I do have to go out to the bank.  I was planning to bring   my Works to the service centre, but I think it would be wise to do that tomorrow when the temperature is going to go down.

I will find time for my gardening later on this afternoon.  My bird watching is suffering.  Looks like a day or two this week will have to be devoted strictly to the birds!!!!!

Hope you all have a nice day.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5270515 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good morning everybody.  The sun is shining & I think it is going to be a hot one today.  It was 71º at 8:15 but already pretty humid even then.

I’ve been to the transfer station, DG & the bank.   Will probably go work on cleaning up the d’way bed or at least some of it in a little while.

The TV is working again.  Tech showed up at 4:30 & the problem was the connectors outside ion the dish had rusted really bad.   So new ones in place & taped up under the eaves so hopefully they will be more protected from the weather.

Labrat, nice to see you again.

Somebody in Molly’s family posted a picture if her on FB yesterday. She arrived safe & sound.

Not much going on here.  Hope everybody has a good day.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5270521 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

Good morning everyone! Its a beautiful day today and looks like we’ll actually have normal temps for this time of year this week. I went to can salsa (12 pints) on Saturday and it turned black and started thundering and boom, no power for 2 hours (but got 2 inches of rain). Thankfully I had just got my jars boiling and hadn’t gotten the salsa on the stove yet. Having a terrible time with my left hip joint today, just aching and of course wearing tennis shoes trying to get the right foot healed up. Getting old ain’t for sissies.

Charlene I sure hope you hear something today, it sucks just hanging in limbo and imaging what the outcome will be. I saw that something (I assume squirrels) dug up the entire geranium that was your mom’s and it was dead as all get out. I could ring their necks! I’m off work next week and hope to transplant the cuttings you sent, well what survived my horrible winter. LOL I’ve yet to transplant them to bigger pots but they are blooming!

Karen I heard about your water woes and good grief, now Detroit and Chicago are going to test their water too! I sure hope they get it fixed soon for you all.

Kathy, my car is on its last leg so I feel your pain. Have to keep pushing the ceiling material back up in place as its starting to hang down. I’m going to have to go get me another car before winter comes, I don’t really feel very safe driving it around much anymore and not worth putting the money back into it to limp it along any longer.

I haven’t gotten to read any of the posts for the last few days so I need to get caught back up. My old neighbor moved back from the mountains to town again this past weekend. So glad to have her back.

Not much else going on in my world, hope everyone has a great day!

#5270533 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Del, we had a neighbor boy whose headliner in his car started to sag like yours .  He brought a pack of fancy thumbtacks & tacked it back up real neat.  It looked pretty good.  Put the tacks across it in rows.   You have to smooth it out & stretch it as you go.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5270570 Report Abuse

albertagran
    Participant

Nice day out here, not too sunny, just right. Michele is coming to take me to get groceries this afternoon and her husband Rod is going to fix the back porch this afternoon.  It is a precast porch which we had put in about 40 years ago and one corner has started to crumble. I phoned all around and no one was interested in fixing it, because they said they couldn’t guarantee it, but I just wanted it patched up and didn’t care if they guaranteed it or not.  Anyway Rod is going to try to do what he can. I mean really, who knows how much longer we will be in this house, and then it would be someone else’s problem or the house may be torn down for a new house. This is prime property here and I can’t believe all the old smaller houses that have been torn down for building new houses. The property around here is going at amazing prices too. Even the wreck next door when for almost $400,00.  Amazed me. They will be starting to build maybe next month when the sidewalks and roads are finished. They can’t do much until that is done. It has been a very noisey summer so far, but will be nice when they are finished.  So I guess I had better get ready for grocery shopping, and then after they finish the porch Michele and Rod are taking us out for supper. This week I hardly have to cook at all – out tonight, Thursday the BBQ at Jackie’s house, and Saturday the Big Fat Great Wedding, and Sunday the gift opening.       Whohooooooo.

#5270588 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Good afternoon everyone. Hot and humid today so hiding inside with the air running. You can’t breathe when the weather is like this. Checked out a few things last night when it cooled down a bit and noticed the dear sweet bunnies have chewed the buds off several plants…Between the squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits is it really worth all the effort to try and have a decent garden? You would think we lived in the country but we don’t.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Prayers for whatever your needs may be.

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5270609 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

Gayle its right where the ceiling meets the windshield, ole Trudy is about falling apart. LOL

Maxine sounds like you have a great week ahead and awesome on your house prices there!

Donna I’m ready to throw my hands up, I’d lose squirrels and rabbits in my flower bed in back, its a weed mess so bad I can’t get it cleaned up. But we have more rabbits in my neighborhood than my friend does in the country she said. LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.