Tv programs too dark or too ridiculously dorky these days!!

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Tv programs too dark or too ridiculously dorky these days!!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I dont bother watching much of it anymore, the sitcoms & reg programming, that is! I do like to watch tv, just none of that stuff!  Ugh!  Some stuff is too weird, or too violent for my liking, too!  So much violence, guns, bloodshed!  No wonder why so many sickos are out there!  They se it on tv & copy it!  Sheesh

#5132441 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

I don’t like all the violence that is shown on so many programs.  I like something light to laugh at or the game shows like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.  Sometimes I tune into HGTV for watching the house buying shows, but they no longer feature gardening shows I used to like on there.   I like sports on TV, Yankee baseball games and hockey games and figure skating/ice dancing, too.

Of course, I always catch the local news and the national.   The noisy screaming, blood, and violent stuff I can not deal with.  That is not entertainment to me.

#5132443 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I am going to try Huluplus so I have more of a selection  to choose from!  I like watching movies onb tv that I want to watch!

#5132480 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I have noticed that so many shows are dark… or show in the dark or are filmed dark… hubby and I have both noticed that on many shows we watch, and we both make the comment , can you see this?

wonder why that is?

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5132494 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

And I hate all the stuff about witches, vampires, zombies, all this unrealistic cop & robbers stuff that is comic strip-like, ninja like, if you know what I mean here!

#5132679 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

I do more reading then watching TV. Guess I have a dark side I like all the NCIS, Bones and Rizzoli and Isles. If I was young and starting over I’d go into forensic medicine, don’t like watching someone get killed but like them trying to find the guilty. Hate reality shows. Mostly I just read, son hogs the tv but we do like some of the same programs.

#5133346 Report Abuse
    MountainMan
    MountainMan
    Participant

Not only that, but the background music is so loud in the shows or movies, and what the actors say is barely discernible at times. If you turn the TV up to hear what they are saying  you get blasted out of your chair when the blasted background music starts.

photo CharmBraceletfromTZ_zps73c91e34.gif

#5133400 Report Abuse
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

You know what Mary? I feel the same as you! I’m tired of the louder then the voice music! Even though I do my program watching all on the computer it’s the same way!

#5133425 Report Abuse
    Bonitading_NJ
    Bonitading_NJ
    Participant

I don’t watch tv much. The only show I watch is the walking dead and that won’t be back on until October. I hate talk shows, reality shows, IDK how people watch that stuff and how wrapped up in it they all get. As for sitcoms and such, I haven’t really watched any in years. TV used to teach people about good things, now it just seems it is all about crime, drugs, etc..

#5133454 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

HI BON!

Everyone watches a lot of reruns of the sitcoms of the 70s, 80s, & 90s!  I think the kids know more about the Brady Bunch or Full House, etc, than I ever did!  I act ut ally didnt like the Brady Bunch or the Partridge Family, but did like Full House and some of them like what was it called, w/ Edith & Archie, where they always start off singing Those Were The Days!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.