Tuesday in the Midwest

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Tuesday in the Midwest

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tealbirdIA_Z4 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hopscotch
    Participant

Good morning.  Boy, you have to watch what you ask for.  We got rain last night – about 2 inches.  It carried on from about 1 am till after 3 this morning.  May get some more during the day, and then, watch out again tomorrow morning, and possibly Thursday morning.

We were swamped at work yesterday.  It was so busy, and it looks like today could be, too.  Ramona is going to come, on her day off, for a few hours just to get us caught up.  I’m working today, too, as Sarah is gone.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring?  I have to have at least one day off, so either tomorrow or Thursday.

Watched the Emmy’s last night.  Matthew MC. didn’t win.  I watched his show , and he was good, but I think Breaking Bad took the wins because it was their last season.  I didn’t watch it.

Gotta get ready for work.  Have a good day.

Leroy

#5277516 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Good Morning, Its another humid day, yesterday was nasty.  No storms. Hardly any rain, about 10 drops.  I need to get moving and water some plants outside and the containers.  Then I will pick up Gage when he calls,  I want him to help me clean the pool filter.  I’m not taking him home first as when he gets home he forgets all about it.   I do need to move today, I’m feeling much better today.  I haven’t done a whole lot in the last 2 weeks.  In fact after thinking about it, I have hardly used my vacuum this summer.  I want to take it out to the pool barn and use the compresser to clean the filter and other parts.  The every day things get done, but no real cleaning.

Leroy,  Good deal on the rain, 2″.  Have a great day at work, busy is good.

Sandy,  Did you over do again?

Alma,  How are your little friends doing?

Dena,  I hope things are looking up.

Snow,  Did you get rain?

Well I guess that’s it for me, have a great day, Carol

#5277537 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Good Morning, Well this morning is like Leroy said, you have to watch what you wish for.  I got up at 7am and it was 78 and very humid.  Then a storm came, I had to turn on the lights and did it rain.  By 7:30 it was 67* and we had another inch of rain.  That 3 inches on Friday- Sat, 1/2″ on Sunday and now 2 inches in the last 24 hours.  Not going to be as  hot today only about 80* but the humidity will be way up there again.  Mary, I do have a A/C unit for the kitchen but I don’t like to use it.  I found going in and out of the cool I end up feeling sick the whole time. Better to deal with the heat and a fan.  You are right Mary, about me checking my email unless I am waiting for a reply from someone.  

I had a delightful surprise yesterday.  I have mentioned how sick my tomatoes look this year.  Last Thursday I watered them for the last time before I toss them.  I went out yesterday to pick any ripe ones only to find vines full of little leaves and blooms.  They are growing like crazy.  I don’t know if it was the water but I’m thinking we finally got heat in the upper 80′s.  Looks like I will have a crop later for sure.  Today I would like to edge the lawn around the beds if it dries out enough before it gets too hot.  I looks like there is a slight breeze so that may happen.  

Carol, glad you are feeling better.  Now just don’t over do.  

Snow, I hope you are getting some rain.  I see from the national map I looks like you are in the same circle as we are so here hoping.  

Dena, hope things are going well with the healing, both your sons and your relationship.  

Alma, are you getting a lot of rain?  

Sandy, how was your weekend?  What’s planned for the week?  Did the house close?

Leroy, hope you don’t get over worked with all you have to do.  Jan, How are you doing?  Let us know.  

I’m hearing thunder again so I should get off here.  You all have a good day.  Lair

#5277568 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Morning all. Humity is so high it make it hard to breath for me so I have not done much of anything in the past several days  . I went to get tests done at the hospital yesterday ,more x rays for the lungs & a Maam so I am up on all my tests .The head cold is now on the down side so I’m feeling better ,just a bit clogged up . No plans to do anything today ,might just watch a bit of TV and read .

Leroy sounds like your busy at work ,nice of you to go in and help out when others need time off .

Carol I’m not over doing it as a matter of fact I been doing nothing since Fri . :-) Glad to hear your feeling better .

Lair I have to agree with you about the AC . Seems to me using the AC clogs me up the fan at least cools it down and I can breath .Wonderful news about the Tomatoes. Mine are looking scraggly but I got my first red tomatoes yesterday(about the size of a base ball lol)  . I have something making a meal of some so I will be picking them green this year . This weekend was a bit tough on me with it being so humid and I’m not allowed to bring in my oxygen .I was moving very slow and sitting a lot , the guys were great about it thou and one said I should use the chair with rollers to do my rounds lol.Lair  does the humidity bother your breathing ? I was thinking about you working in the yard . Hey have you heard of the liquid oxygen ? My Aunt was telling me she uses it and it not as costly and she has a carry pack thats smaller then a back pack (no long hoses) .I’m going to check into it . I was planning on getting some laundry done ,I have bedding from carols place needs to be washed but we been getting rain  and I hang them on the line .Carol signed the papers Friday for the closing and the buyer (Terry) called said his daughter loves the trailer so they are not tearing it down .on that note I am going to close and say Have a good day All & God Bless

Sandy K.

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5277574 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Test results are in :My doctor called to tell me they did a comparison to the first Xrays and the black spot is still there . Not as large as the first X-ray but still there ! Kim (my doctor) said not to worry but she would like to do a another Cat scan next month and that will involve an IV and inserting some dye . She said shes not real concern anything will come of it but she wants to be sure since cancer runs in my family & I have already dealt with cancer once  . I’m not worried , I will deal with it as it comes besides I hear stress causes wrinkles and I have enough of those already :-) . Although a few prayers wouldn’t hurt .

The maam results were not in yet but I am sure nothing will come of them .

God Bless

Sandy K

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5277599 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Glad I smile a lot. LOL.

Yes Lair, last week in 2 rains we had 3″ and then early this AM we got another inch.

When I woke and the lightening was happening. I just turn on a night light and it helped me get right back to sleep. Most of the time it works. But not it there is loud clapping of the thunder.

I left off the CPAAP and slept good.

Was finally cool – the thermostadt had cooreded batteries from 09. When I got new ones in it want from 85 down to 81 when I went to bed. I try to keep it at 80 with continous fan.

Hadn’t looked at that for a couple of days. Bad, bad, Hot, hot! DUH!

The snails are still moving around. Some nights more than others.  I put 3 little pieces of wild lettuce in this AM.  the little tiny ones were there right away. Guess their little tummies need to be fed more often.  there are 6 of them and 2 larger ones leaving trails in the moisture on the side of the bowl.  The tiny ones leave a tiny little line. They move so much faster than the larger ones.

Need to go out – I think it blew over one of the tomato plants. It was leaning – but too hot to go out and add a stake. Better go now.

<*)~// Tealbird

#5277609 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Tomatoes need help – but that can wait. Need to finish cleaning and re-timing a sewing machine.  But I did find 2 nice ripe tomatoes. This is 2&3 off this fine.  Nice.

OFF to CLEAN!

<*)~// Tealbird

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.