Tuesday 1:51A.M. Made through the tornados! PTL Joan1_Al.

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Tuesday 1:51A.M. Made through the tornados! PTL Joan1_Al.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

Thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts.  They sure made a difference and God answered your prayers!

Had one touchdown 1 mile  from my house, very loud and scary.  We were in the closet and heard it come over.  It took the roof off of a shop building, turned some mobile homes over trapping people.  Not sure if they were seriously injured. 

My DIL’s   sister is on the fire department and text’s them about it.  It also damaged her double wide.  It pulled it apart and it was pouring water and they left it to go out in the storm and rescue people.  She said “It’s already ruined anyway,  lets go help those people.”   What a great attitude.

We had 3 tornado warnings back to back and were in the closet for almost 2 hours!    But hey, we’re safe so I’m not complaining.

I’m glad we have a battery operated fan  (O2 Cool brand) that takes lots of D size batteries because that closed was HOT and doesn’t have any vents or we would have smothered to death for that long a time.  Won’t know what other damage until daylight tomorrow.We’re supposed to have more tornados tomorrow so I’m going to bed and try to sleep a little before we get the other severe weather.\

Good  night/Morning.

#5138444 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

OH MY GOODNESS!  Please, Lord, keep these friend’s and others safe during these terrible winds.  “Things” can be replaced; people can’t!  Watch over them Father and give them peace that you are with them during these very scary times and if at all possible, save their possession’s as well!

#5138457 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Joan thank God ..your post made me so very happy to read been thinking about you all night ..anything damaged can be fixed or replaced but life can not…your Daughter in law has a wonderful caring attitude.

Stay safe and please keep posting so we know you are safe…God Bless You

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#5138469 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

Oh, I hate tornadoes….

Glad you are safe!

#5138487 Report Abuse

jaguae
    Participant

Glad you are safe—keep your eyes to the sky !

#5138500 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Glad you are safe.  Let us know when all of those things have passed through.  Do hope you stay safe through it all.  How about the sink hole you said you had & couldn’t get into your shelter.  I was watching TV last night when they were tracking storms and when new ones were spotted.

Have to turn TV on and look this morning.

Dark, overcast here and just started to rain and a breeze out there.  I just fed the birds in the feeder outside sun room.

Stay safe, however you have to.

#5138503 Report Abuse
    Resa_NS
    Resa_NS
    Participant

Glad your safe for now PTL, and continued prayers, {{hugs}}

#5138509 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

Glad you are safe and thanks for the update.

photo signature_1.gif

#5138528 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Just watched the weather channel and they showed damage from some places in Alabama, Tupulo, Ms., and areas there.  Sure lots of damage, and one little girl pulled from the damage but is okay, they said.  More on the way, too, so hope all stay safe in those dangerous areas.

#5138530 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

PTL!  Soooo thankful you’re ok! Do you still have power, internet, cable?  Glad the restvof your family is ok except for some property damage!  Cant even imagine! Will cont to pray!  I saw fb reports coming in that some fb friends & friends of friends got tornado damage that sounded significant!  I hope you post on fb about it & post some pics!  will cont to pray for you!  Al Roker is still in AL w/ his crew.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.