Tomatoes in progress…..

Home Forums Gardening Veggie Gardening Tomatoes in progress…..

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by steepdrive steepdrive 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

This is the very first time that my tomatoes are growing nicely.  My ex was good at veggie gardening, not I. They are getting heavy so I have to find nice strong poles and attach them.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5264474 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Stella those tomatoes are looking really good. Tonight for supper I had a German Johnson tomato. It was the best tomato I think I’ve eaten in a long time. They are considered to be heirlooms and I’ve always felt like the heirlooms had more flavor than the hybrids. I have a feeling next summer I’ll have more than a couple of German Johnson plants.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5264566 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Beautiful tomatoes Stella.  Steve there is no question Heirlooms have much more flavor.  I will never grow anything else and the best part once you grow them the seeds are free.  Sure cuts down on the cost of gardening.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5264981 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Wonderful, Stella!  I have to stake mine up better right now, too!  Steve, care to save some of those seeds for me?  Lol!

#5265054 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

I can attempt to save some seeds but I’ve never had a lot of luck with saving tomato seeds.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5265268 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Stella – lovely tomato!

photo signature_1.gif

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.