Tomatoes Getting Ripe

Home Forums Gardening Veggie Gardening Tomatoes Getting Ripe

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  albertagran 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

This is a German Johnson tomato. It was big enough for one slice to make a sandwich and oh is it ever good.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5266837 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Well, you lucky guy!  Sure looks good.  I eat tomatoes daily when they are in season here.

#5266851 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

WOW!  Looks so good!

#5266879 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

My first 3 tomatoes were ripe a few days ago & I gave them to my neighbor as I had just bought some from a produce stand a cou0le of days before that & needed to use those up.

I didn’t think I was going to have many more on my plants this year but, as usual, I was wrong.  A lot more little ones have showed up.

I wish I could get the really big ones.  Even when I plant Beefsteak they don’t get real big.  Probably could use some more sun but that’s not a possibility so I’ll live with what I get.

And it’s crazy but I have to type a reply before I can Steve’s pictures now.  Otherwise I see half of them or nothing.  Makes no sense at all but that’s how it works lately.  I’ve tried refreshing (more than once) or coming back later but the only thing that brings the picture up is for me to reply.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Gayle Gayle.
    #5267305 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

That is one lovely tomato!

photo signature_1.gif

#5267324 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Beefsteak tomatoes always been my favorite.  My uncle used to bring me several each summer from his garden when he visited, but he is no longer here.  He also worked on another farm to earn his living and food, too.  He lived in big farming country in the Finger Lakes of NYS, so he harvested everything grown on the farm in that area.  Sugar beets were a big crop raised there.

#5267416 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

I’ve got a ton of tomatoes that all turned red at the same time and you’d know I’m leaving tonight for my camping trip. I’ll take some with us for all the girls (11 of us) and I’ve brought a bag full in for my co-workers and gave them to my neighbors too. LOL I LOVE this time of year!

#5267419 Report Abuse

albertagran
    Participant

We have been eating ours for the past few days and they are delicious. I noticed this morning that I have about 6 big ones ready. They sure are good aren’t they?

#5267421 Report Abuse

albertagran
    Participant

The other night we had swiss chard, baby garden potatoes with dill, and sliced tomatoes and what a delicious meal. I did pork chops too, but we really didn’t need them. In fact we only ate 1 each. At this time of year I could easily become a vegetarian.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.