Tightening the Bird Forums

Home Forums Birding General Bird Q&As Tightening the Bird Forums

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Jill Staake Jill Staake 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Paleface
    Paleface
    Participant

AS a long time member and past Host. I feel that the current format on the Bird Watching forums is very unproductive. 

The many sub forums are confusing and depletes  the collective knowledge of our many long term birders.   

http://jean-livingsimple.blogspot.com (The Joy of Bird Watching and Living a Simple Life)
    Jean in NW Georgia

#5146131 Report Abuse

gardenfairy
    Participant

I agree. I do not like this  format. I used to be on this website a few years back and loved it. Then they took away the birding pictures I enjoyed. Its too bad, today is the first day I have been on in about 3 years

#5146170 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

I agree. When I get on here I want to just go to one place not have to search for what I want, put it all in one place. That goes for garden and regular forum.

#5149018 Report Abuse
    jcolbert40
    jcolbert40
    Participant

I agree.  Too confusing for any newcomers.  Don’t want to discourage participants!

My name photo Myname.gif

#5149416 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

I so agree, I am hardly on the bird forum any more, I don’t know where to post and where to go and read.  I really miss the old format on birds.

Carol

#5153218 Report Abuse
    njeagle7
    njeagle7
    Participant

Sad to say, this new format isn’t working-out for me, either – I’ve been a member since 2006. I’ve been a long time charter-member of Birds & Blooms Magazine, since their beginning… I used to love this site (religiously, read it, everyday)… now, it has become too difficult for me to navigate. I miss the old forum, so bad… feel like I lost a very good friend.   :(

~Annie in NJ~

#5155348 Report Abuse
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

Hey all – I’m well aware of this problem and we are actively pursuing a solution. Unfortunately, it’s not as simple as just getting rid of a few sub-forums, because we’d lose a lot of things on the back end. We are working on finding a good way to tighten up all the forums on Community, but it is going to take us a little bit of time. Please be patient, and in the meantime keep chatting so Birds & Blooms editors know that you enjoy having these forums available to you!

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.