Thursday in the Midwest July 24

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Thursday in the Midwest July 24

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Sandy K. Sandy K. 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Good Morning, It is 61* and sunny here this morning with NO humidity, feels wonderful.  Not sure what’s happening today but I do know I’m not digging Lilies.  I tried that yesterday and it is almost impossible.  The grass that has invaded the bed has root that are so thick they can’t be broken up.  I have to dig down and make a full circle before I can lift the lily out of the hole.  Once out the dirt is so hard I almost need a hammer to break it up.  I will try watering and see if that helps but I doubt it.  We may get rain tomorrow night I’ll try after that.  Not sure what is up with me but I’m having anxiety problems this morning.  Must be just too much on my mind with most of my life in limbo right now.  I know things are going to change but I don’t know when.  I have pills for this but I don’t remember where I put them.  I have pills for my memory too but I keep them in the same place, I think.  Oh well, all will work out I just need to be patient.  You all have a good day.  Lair

#5267364 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Good Morning  Lair,  and all,  just got back from picking up Gage.  I was on the phone this morning trying to change my credit card numbers, as our other card was stolen.  What a job, couldn’t do it on line, so I called, that took forever, I still have one more to change, will do that as soon as I get the bill.  I waited too long to change this one.  Oh well, that’s what I get for putting things off.  I did think I knew what I should of done, but it didn’t work.  I hope to put down some week killer this morning, (don’t like to use it) its the circle where I didn’t do much in last year.  I am going to put pails around flowers that I don’t want killed, not much, mostly weeds.  I don’t know what else I am going to do, picking Gage up I seen a sign for a block sale, thought about taking Ray, but then I drove in the driveway and said, he!! no, he has enough junk.

Lair,  You should put all your pills in one spot.  As we get older we forget things.  My DM would hide her money, and then forget where it was.  She would find it when she wasn’t looking for it.  You have every right to have anxiety spells.  I hope and pray everything turns out for Charlene, I read where she has to wait one to two weeks for results, not good.  You take care of yourself and keep us posted as some days I don’t read much on Garden chat.

Dena,  I am glad the weather cool down for you, much easier to work in.

Mary,  The witch again,  so sorry.

Well time to get some coffee and take it outside and sit.

Carol

#5267369 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

That memory and trying to remember – I keep loosing meds.

Tue when I went to get a lamp in the basement I found a laundry bag I was looking for. GD hid it – on a pile of old clothes – In an area I don’t usually go.

The ‘found thing’ was my bag of Stephen ministry papers.  I had missed it after DIL cleaned in Mar.  Had given up – since my person had passed in Feb.  It was in the sewing cabinet – bottom shelf. I didn’t look there – that is where maps and atlas’s are stored. I open the other side for the thread.  But that lost is found!

I like the cooler less humid weather. But the weed pulling that had been so easy – Is impossible now.

But life goes on – and I need to find one more med that is hiding!!!

<*)~// Tealbird

#5267388 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Hey there, I wasn’t being exactly honest about my pills.  I know where my pills are but I have to hid them because if I don’t they disappear.  Tim likes the anxiety meds a lot more than I do.  As far as memory pills I don’t have any but I was thinking of a conversation I heard once on the bus.  Two ladies were talking about memory pills and neither one remembered the name or where they had gotten them.  I had to laugh thinking they were really in need of them.   I am not a big fan of pills but I do take the ones the Doctor gives me and take them every day except for the anxiety ones and just take them when I have tried everything else for relief.  Have a good day.  Lair

#5267402 Report Abuse
    bwatcher
    bwatcher
    Participant

Hi All, Not much to report except it’s another work day. I put some fertilizer on my deck plants.

Lair, I’ve taken St. John’s Wort for anxiety. Some people can’t take it, but maybe it would help Tim. He needs to ask his dr. first. If he’s snitchin your meds, then that’s not dr. prescribed either. Maybe he should be asking his own dr. for something.

DH went for a checkup with his skin dr., and he says he won’t be going back. He’s turned into one of those “hand on the door knob” drs. He drove an hour to get to this appt. and it lasted 15 min., only because he kept asking the dr. questions and had him looking at different spots. He said his dr. down here does a better job of looking him over. He also said he needs a new nurse; this one is a _itch. I’m glad I didn’t go along.

Well it’s dinner time, gotta run.

#5267594 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

evening all I’m at my sister Mari and she has asked me to put an icon on her desk top for B&B garden chat  so if anything happens to me again she can contact you guys to let you know . i thought that was very sweet of her .

I didn’t do much today but tried to contact the doctor for an excuse to go back to work . She has denied one until I can go in to see her . So long story short I won’t be starting back to work until next weekend . i have an apt to see her (doctor) on Tuesday .

I did get all four basket of laundry done today & I think that’s enough for one day . Oh and while at sister she let me go threw her gardens and dig up some plants I wanted . I am now the proud owner of some babys breath, a few red lilys ,pink lilys ,dark purple bee balm, some white & pink phlox , dragons breath , a goose neck plant and a plant that neither of us know the name but it grows low to the ground and has white spots on it . I’ll have to take a picture and find out the name :-) . Funny thing is you can’t even tell I had dug anything up  because her gardens are doing so great this year .

Well time to go do my last load and pack it up to go home

have a good night & God bless

Sandy K.

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.