Thursday Bird Pictures July 24

Home Forums Birding Bird Pics Thursday Bird Pictures July 24

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Stelios Stelios 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

I wish my selection could be better, but for some reason the birds are not coming to the feeders like they did before the last weekend.  I can’t believe it.  I have yet to even see a sparrow….to think they had two sets of fledglings but not even showing up here.  The only faithful birds are the chickadees.  Not my best shot but an early morning one.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5267339 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Too hot for the birds lately here so don’t see many.  Finally cooled off here and low 70′s for today and refreshing, not muggy.  So now I expect more birds will be out and about.  Saw a downy yesterday and some chickadees this morning, bluejays,too.  The heat bothers the birds just as it does humans I think.

#5267383 Report Abuse
    Almb
    Almb
    Participant

photo BJ10_zpsc7d61159.jpg

#5267394 Report Abuse
    wottwin
    wottwin
    Participant

I was engaging in a little bird theatre the other day. :) Luckily the heat has died down the past couple of days.

#5267405 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Hummingbird

#5267539 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Yes Posy, I find that this heat must be getting to the birds.  They are around, but just not as many.  I know they will come back.

Almb…that Blue Jay looks cheeky….like as if to ask…”what are you looking at”….LOL.  Nice picture.

Wottwin….an interesting theatre piece.  I must say that the ‘scenery’ is splendid.

Mmarnee….now that is a stunning hummingbird.   Wish mine would come back.

Thank you all for participating.

Stella
    Community Team Member

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.