Thursday August 21 in the midwest

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Thursday August 21 in the midwest

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by bwatcher bwatcher 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Good Morning,  Much better this morning, then yesterday, no fog.  Its 62* going to a high of 81* and humid, another chance of rain this afternoon.  Had a good day yesterday, stopped at sister house and chat with her for a while.  We had made her something (out of glass) she was very happy with it, she will keep it in her new sunporch.  Then we stopped at a tool shop Ray need a special screwdriver, can you believe that, he has so many news, but this is very small and a star.  He found one, and I brought Michelle a “Mr. Clean” dust mop.  She has so many animals yes a lot of hair.  I also purchased 2 more mums plants, not big pots, just little, but they will grow fast.  I think that was it.  I walked around the yard last night and I see the deer have ate some of mine black eye Susan’s.  I think this is the first.  Well I’m back and you didn’t even know I was gone, went out to start the pool filter, when I got back in, my 7 cups of coffee all over the counter and floor, got that cleaned up, rug is outside raised  off.  Not going to be my day, my nose won’t quit running.  Better stay home today, gotta pick up Gage, not far away.

Leroy,  Did you get the splats off the wall?  You are so right about the weather people, never right, it seems.

Mary  back to work and feeling good, great.  The soap opera continues at work, no snacks, no therapy.  I’m sure loved ones wouldn’t be happy if they knew what was going on.

Alma  I need to look up surprise lilies, not sure if I know what they are.

Lair,  Do I have this right a senior care center on 1-1/2 A. or more land available.

Well I want to go outside and do somethings before it get too hot,

Carol

#5276174 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Good Morning Carol and all to follow,  It is 70 and overcast this morning with a nice breeze out  of the north.  We got some rain overnight( 1/4″) and the weather guesser says more on the way but he didn’t say where it will land.  It is so hard to understand the forecast because they forecast for an area 200 miles north and 200 miles south by 300 miles west of me.  I get the forecast then I have to go to the computer and look up the radar to wee where the rain clouds are.  I got the lawn sprayed yesterday and the pump plus the pond cleaned.  While the pond was filling I weeded the flowers all around it so that area is completed.  A neighbor walked by and said I see you sold your house.  I asked why she thought that and she said the signs are gone.  Sure enough there are.  I called the realtor and she told me they loose about 10 per month in this area.  I guess they steal them for the iron which would be about 60 cents.  She also told me they think I should lower my price and hold open houses every weekend.  Right now old houses are selling real slow because there are so many new ones being built.  I’m not so hot on the idea of open houses for the lookers.  Those people wouldn’t buy no matter what the price is so am not sure what I’ll do.  I have friends in Indiana that have been realtors for 50 years and they say they have never sold a house because of an open house.  Oh well, I can’t deal with that right now, too much on my little mind already.  Well, I need to get moving and see what I can do today.  Right now I am hearing thunder. You all have a good one.  Lair

Carol, Yes it is just 1 1/2 acres but I think the same guy owns 7 acres to the west of it where he is building apartment buildings.  He has one 36 unit built and occupied but has built garages garages for another 36 units which are going up this fall.  I was told he is interested in my back lot but I have not heard a thing from him.  Time will tell.  

#5276196 Report Abuse
    bwatcher
    bwatcher
    Participant

Hi All, It’s raining again. I woke up to thunder, so that tells you what this storm is like. I’m not complaining; we needed this so bad. It’s been raining for over an hour now, and still hearing rumbles off and on.

Work was SUCH A JOY, not. I walked onto the floor to a puddle of urine on the floor. Yup, that will tell you how the rest of my night went. I missed report, so don’t know what went on all day long. I could see what went on/ was going on, so I didn’t have to be told. I passed the ice; I passed the towels, gowns, and soakers; I passed out the PM snacks; I did the therapy on 2 people, and also got them on the Nustep for that therapy, and I also answered a few call lights.  The witch answered most of the other lights. Her initials were down the whole paper, so it looks like I did nothing. I did all this stuff in the first 3 hours. I got back from supper break and all these people are lined up to walk. I walked two by myself and helped walk two more down to supper. While feeding I realized one resident wasn’t at supper, so I went looking. The nurse had already found her, another situation that wasn’t good. We had the band after supper. We had three showers to do after the music was over; I did two of those. I saw the paper laying there with the witch’s initials all down it, so I made sure I put my initials on everyones name that I also helped. I’m waiting to see if anything gets said about the HS snacks, because I don’t think many of them were handed out. I swiped out at 10. I know how those two got all their stuff  done. I will make a mental note in case I need to say something later. Poor nurse never got any supper again. He was constantly on the phone with ER, hospice, family members of 4 different residents, plus the two head nurses. Just a crazy night for him. I just realized I probably should have gotten him something to eat again. Oops, too late now. I just couldn’t wait to get away from the witch, sad huh………. I had to leave those residents in her hands all night long. I hope the one made her life hell all night long. (snicker!) I eliminated all the bad stuff; you don’t want to read about it.

Dena, I hope everything is going okay.

Carol, I told hubby that you have a coffee pot like his.

Lair, Is that going to be a nursing home next to you or an assisted living place? I wouldn’t open my home up for the world to walk through. You already had that one issue with the guy coming to your house. You could have people in their casing the place to see what they want to steal when they come back. You’re already having a story done on the house, so why open it up for the world; it’s not a museum. If they want to come look, charge them, then it’s a museum. LOL

Sandy, You take it easy.

Alma, Are you feeling better?

Leroy, Was it fun being the boss?

Charlene, Come back and chat with us.

I’ll check back later.

#5276224 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Surprise lilies are the same as naked ladies.  There were 4 preteen boys that lived down the street. Naked ladies didn’t work for them so I went back to surprise lilies.

I didn’t know what they were until I moved to town – 20 years ago. When I learned about them I knew where to dig for them at the farm.  Would see the blooms at times and had no idea what they were. Didn’t go on that side of the house much.  One year they didn’t bloom all over town. It had been very dry the year before. Then the fall rains brought them back in full force that next year.  We all had leaves – but no blooms that year.

Thanks, Mary, I am feeling so much better. Cold and hip are doing so much better.  Three  more days will be the full 14 needed to get over a true cold.

Still need lots of naps – Old age – heat – and left over cold.  Just rest and don’t ask my body why!

Snails ate the wild lettuce leaves last night.  The neighbor pulled her old ones – and so I had to try something new. No other leaves worked. Have a great cool day! Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

#5276310 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Evening everybody just checking in very hot here temp was in 90 and the heat index even higher. So ready for fall the plant really are looking sad for I can’t water with our restrictions was so hoping for rain but no luck there either.  Have a nice night everyone and May God Bless

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

#5276361 Report Abuse
    bwatcher
    bwatcher
    Participant

Hi All, Checking in to see if anything happened. I didn’t leave work until 11:05. I had a lady pass away tonight right at about 10:30 and I felt she needed someone to pray for/over her. I volunteered to do the prayer service, so that’s why I was late getting off. Two days ago this lady was up and walking and chatting with her family. Yesterday she got really dizzy and had no balance. When I got to work today she had been in bed all day in an unresponsive state and she passed away at about 10:30 tonight. I asked God last night to take her quickly if it was her time. He sure gave her a quick exit. This lady has only been with us a short while; she had cancer. Her illness was getting to the point that her family couldn’t handle her needs, so that’s why she came to stay with us. She had nobody with her when she passed, and I just felt she needed somebody to be there for her and send her on her journey. God Blessed you Heidi, He spared you the pain part of cancer. Rest in peace.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.