Three seasons all before

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Three seasons all before

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  OhioLilacLady 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Thursday lol. Monday  spring down pours  , Tuesday summer sprinkles and of course today was muggy Hot now tonight it feels like we have just gone into fall . Including colored leaves falling from the trees and dodging acorns . I’m getting out my long johns for fear of what we are getting tomorrow :-) . I hope everyone is have good weather for the harvest season .

Sandy K

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5273918 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

You never know what is next anymore…sorry about all those changes in your neck of the woods…Here it goes from hot to hotter or the other way around…with some humidity that we are not used to…for us it is also NO rains…Already many places have water restrictions..my friends’ mom was afraid she was going to get a $500,oo if they knew she was watering out her allotted times…poor thing, she can’t stand all those droopy plants

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5273927 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Just thank God you got some rain….we haven’t had any and our flowering crabapple tree has lost most of its leaves because of it.  We’ve had hardly any heat this year….a couple days in the 80s…none in the 90s….and our night temps were in the 40s the middle of July and have been in the 50s ever since.  What a strange year.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5273972 Report Abuse
    MDgreenery
    MDgreenery
    Participant

Sounds like a good time to snuggle up & plan your garden strategy for next year, Sandy. Maybe with a hot beverage & a freshly baked apple muffin.

Ili, I think about you each time we hear the latest weather conditions for yours & the surrounding West Coast area. It is so difficult to watch the plants go through a water band. Hope it is lifted soon.

Charlene, I was hoping that your area was experiencing a much better rainfall this growing season then the passed few years. I remember you saying how difficult it is for the farmers there to go/live through such a loss. Iowa produces so much of the USA farming goods that it surely is a loss for our country too.

Many plants I started from seed this year haven’t bloomed yet. Don’t know if it is b/c of all the shade in our yard or the weather. The Statice seedlings have been at the same height for almost 4 months now & no blooms. And there are still several varieties of tall Asters that have yet to bloom?

#5273973 Report Abuse
    skippydel13
    skippydel13
    Participant

We haven’t had a shortage of rain for sure this summer but we have a shortage of warmth.  I let the dogs out and brrrr, its cold out this morning.  Neighbor got his tomatoes out late and he can’t get them to ripen.  Mine on the other hand split and rotted in a day almost half of everything that was finally ripening.  I dread fall/winter, feel like we’ve had fall all summer long!

Deloris

http://tinyurl.com/qzp8cls

#5274020 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Well at least you know you’re not alone!  It’s only 46 this morning.  It’s supposed to be 80 and muggy Fri and Sat.  We also haven’t had many really hot days.  June we had over 10″ of rain, July started out with 3″ in the first week, then we barely had any rain for a month.  I dread winter for sure!

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5274046 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

After last winter, I did think we would have a nice summer, Not.  It has been cold and wet, now, cold and dry.  We have not had a 90* temps, but next week its to be warm and humid, will see if we can hit 90*.  One week we got over 6″ of rain, yard was flooded, but it hasn’t rain much since.  We did get.10 of a inch Tuesday, no more in sight.  I hope we have a easy winter.

Carol

#5274222 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

We had a few weeks of nice weather and then some in the 90′s whew to warm for me .Don’t know how you can handle that ili .

Charlene sounds like you got fall instead of summer .40 bur ,I be pulling on my sweats even in the 60′s .

Marlene I would love to snuggle up but I don’t have anyone to get this work needing done before the big S hits so it outside I go lol. I been meaning to tell you it nice to see you back .

Del sorry to hear about your tomatoes ,mine are not doing great either . I won’t get enough to do up salsa this year thats for sure  . Your poor dog , do you have a coat for him to wear :-) bet his potty trips are short .

Melissa don’t you wish we could pipe some of this water to those who aren’t getting any . I hear Detroit ,MI  I-75 got flooded out in a lot of area’s Mon & Tues . We got quite a bit but not to flood thank goodness . I’m not looking forward to winter either .

Carol don’t hold your breath on that easy winter you will turn blue . Its surprising how different our weather has been  from each other this year .

Well I didn’t have to pull out my S suit today but I am wearing sweats lol. Not sure of the temp today but the wind was down right bone chilling. I did work up a good sweat this afternoon pulling weeds in the sun :-)

Sandy K

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5274360 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

One can only wonder at what kind of winter will follow a summer such as this one has been ~~~  I just pray we don t have the extreme amount of snow or bitter temps we survived .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.