This is the most quiet time outside………………….

Home Forums Birding Your Bird Stories (aka Bird Tales) This is the most quiet time outside………………….

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Posynut_NY_zone4 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

this morning as I haven’t seen a bird at the feeder or on the ground and the temp. is above freezing at least 34 degrees.  It is cloudy/overcast, but so strange not to see any kind of bird in the yard in the feeders or ground feeding.  Just can’t figure what is up with that and it is unusual not to see any at all.  Maybe they are taking a morning nap or the time change is affecting them! LOL

Just is a quiet place outside.  And, I have been up since 6 AM and looked out several times.

Maybe if I put some peanuts in the shell out it will call the bluejays.  Haven’t done that yet this morning and the jays are always looking for them.  Anything is worth a try!

#5111790 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

I put out feed yesterday . The Bluejays have taken all the peanuts this morning and the only other thing I have seen is one lone Chick a dee . I wonder with the temps warming up if they are enjoying other food they could not get to this winter   .

Sandy K.

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5111874 Report Abuse
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

I seem to have had a flurry of activity this morning.  However, everyone scooted and flew for cover when a Coopers Hawk thought he might like to sit on the deck railing…

#5118699 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Funny how the birds seem to know the time to feed fast and furious; they sense the storms approaching long before they ever do.

One thing they devour here is the fruit and nut birdseed I put out.  It even has almonds in the mix I noticed today.  I usually add BOSS to it in the scoop and dump it in feeder together.

This morning 2 mourning doves were sitting on ramp railing all puffed up.  Makes you wonder how they can take all the wind they are in all the time.  But they stay out in the open and not sheltered very often.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.