There is beauty all around….things that make me smile!

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat There is beauty all around….things that make me smile!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  tealbirdIA_Z4 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I have taken so many pictures this year, so I decided to have this little blurp for a few days rather than flood Steve’s picture thread….please feel free to add pics of your own!

This made me smile…..an Asclepias Butterfly Weed bloom that actually is in the shape of a butterfly:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DGS said that he loves the feathers on my bird….lol.  It is a begonia from Alma

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I thought my yellow Asclepias Butterfly weed had winter killed until I saw this yesterday:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My 1st Cape Daisy bloom….aren’t they happy flowers?

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5269185 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Frogs always make me smile : )

Took these at moms.

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5269190 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Melissa,  I enjoy frogs so much, I have earrings, and brackets, plus my bathroom is all frogs.  I have the tree frogs by the pool every year.

Charlene,  Your flowers are so pretty, the begonia from Alma is great.

I tried to get pictures of the deer that visit my yard, this time of year, to eat the apples, but for some reason, they don’t want their picture taken.

I enjoy wildlife, in all its nature.

Carol

#5269191 Report Abuse
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

You both gave me a smile this morning.  :)

Charlene, your DGS is right!  that does look like feathers on your bird.  Did you plan that?!

Melissa, frogs always make me smile.  After I cleaning my little pond in the spring and re-fill it, I wait for the frogs to come before I put any fish in it.  I know the PH of the water is ok if the frogs come.

#5269195 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Nice photos here.  I have an orange butterfly bush I enjoy.  Tried to get the yellow one this year, but nursery sold out of them.  Maybe next year as I do like them.

Thanks for sharing.

#5269209 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Photo: My Russian sage beautiful

Went outside to start working and this is what I found, Luna Moth on my Russian Sage, beautiful,

#5269219 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Love the thread…All the flowers in the pics will also make me smile….to me is looking at these birds devouring the Sunflowers and Hummers nervously drinking from the feeder attached to our lvrm sliding door…also Buddy making little piles of food all over the garage…what’s that abt?? I scold him since ants enjoy too…My comp out of service can’t post pics

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5269230 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Beautiful Charlene… here are a few of mine.. hope you don’t mind..:)

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5269232 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Melissa,,,frogs also make me smile…you got some great pics of them, too!

Noreen….I did not plan that . but when DGS mentioned it, I realized that the shape did kind of remind me of feathers….funny.

Carol….my hummingbirds are camera shy….guess your deer are as well.  What a great pic of the luna moth!

Sharon…you have some beautiful flowers there…such bright colors….I am sure they made you smile….they did me.

Thanks everyone for the nice pics…keep them coming.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5269234 Report Abuse
    MDgreenery
    MDgreenery
    Participant

Awesome Begonia, Charlene. Your first picture reminded me of the year that our Weigela  stretched out like the crucifix; it was blooming on Easter Day.

What an adorable tiny frog, Melissa. I don’t know what they are, but something that looks a lot like tadpoles are swimming around in our rain barrel? Each time I water, I see dozens of these swimmers.

I love your Russian Sage,  Carross & the lovely Luna Moth you spotted on it…in what looks like broad daylight. You may have captured a very rare sighting.

Catbirds, your pictures are beautiful, crisp & vivid! Do you use anything special to clean your camera lens?

Awakening Rose always brings a smile to my face & heart.

The Dogwood tree I had growing in a container for several years & planted in the ground just last year produced it’s first blooms this Spring…however, it lost all of its variegated leaf color & the flowers are supposed to bloom pale pink with a touch of white on the edges. It is supposed to be a very small tree with growth not reaching more than 8′ in 10 years. This DW is already at that height…I certainly hope it’s parent is  not one of those 30 footers? Still, I do so love this tree with or w/o variegated leaves or pink flowers.

Some sunshine on the Sunflowers today.

#5269235 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

MDgreenery, I use the lens cleaner that I get for my glasses…and we have microfiber lens cloth… works great

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5269307 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Love that begonia. Mind never get that big. Don’t have them in big enough post.  It is called eyelash begonia – from a friend in SE Iowa.  I even wrote a poem about it.

Couldn’t find that poem – must be on old computer.

3 years ago I had an ajuga grow into a heart shape. A friend noticed it and then I took a pix. Still can’t post pix.

Have one wheat stock growing.

On my hyacenth bean I found if I wind the tip of the vine so it grows horizontal it seems to bloom sooner.

Anyone had this happen? Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.