The Weather

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events The Weather

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Posynut_NY_zone4 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

It’s not new but the current weather is cold!  It is going to be in the minus double digits today.  How are you handling this weather?  I’m praying for an early spring and I’m not watching for any lying ground hog.

How cold is it?

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by SunshineNY6 SunshineNY6.
    #4785554 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

It is -12 here.  brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (Indiana)

I do not have to go anywhere, anyhow, for anything! (a rarity) so I am happy!!!

Stay warm, Everyone!!!!

Linda Z aka narnian

#4785852 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

We have 0 degrees this morning.

photo signature_1.gif

#4786135 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Morning, it was -16 when I got up at 7…. now its -13… wow heat wave…and tomorrow we have supposed to go to 16….above…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#4786151 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

IT IS ZERO HERE, AND WIND CHILL TEMP. IS MINUS 24 DEGREES.  TOO COLD FOR TOO LONG AND DANGEROUS TO GO OUT, TOO.  DH GONE TO HIS COFFEE TIME WITH HIS BUDDY AFTER HE PUT THE RECYCLABLES OUT FOR PICK UP.  THIS COLD IS NOT GOOD FOR CARDIAC PATIENTS TO BE OUT IN BUT HE GOES ANYWAY.   THEY SAY NOT TO BREATHE THE COLD AIR IN FOR ANYONE WHO HAS HAD HEART PROBLEMS.

I DON’T MIND STAYING IN DURING THIS COLD WEATHER; I DON’T GET CABIN FEVER, SO GUESS I AM GLAD OF THAT.

#4792755 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

The temperature here this morning is -7 degrees.

photo signature_1.gif

#4806054 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

This is morning it is -6, but it looks like this will be the last of the artic weather.  We may even have 30 tomorrow.

photo signature_1.gif

#4822278 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

It looks like we are going to get up above freezing this morning.  Can you see me smiling?

photo signature_1.gif

#4823179 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

It is 28 degrees here now and will get to low 30′s.  It is cloudy and looks like some kind of wet stuff rain or snow.  It is calm now, but will get windy later, no doubt.  It will pick up at noon time as per usual daily anytime of the year.  We have bare road with some sand on it, so brown looking and some of our driveway is bare, too.  Better than it was last week anyway.

#4847767 Report Abuse
    Weleetka
    Weleetka
    Participant

Sunday. Ark is suppose to have 3-5 in of snow

#4855144 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

It is 30 this morning and we have patches of green grass on the lawn.  Fells like we are in a heat wave.

photo signature_1.gif

#4855239 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Woooohoooo! It’s been holding above freezing here I can see some bare ground too. A little sunshine would be nice though.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4875546 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Here it is in the 20′s and overcast.  The birds are feeding and I went out and replenished some seed in one feeder and added more suet to the suet feeders, too.  Checked the seed in the other feeders and enough for this week.  We are to get snow Tues. and Wed. and another storm by the weekend, too.  Right not it is foggy/hazy looking and damp out.  It is crusty when you step on the snow, too, for the freezing overnight.  Lots of deer tracks in our yard I noticed when I was out in front yard.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.