“ The Potting Shed ” ..Wednesday, 7 May 2014 .. 08:06 AM

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat “ The Potting Shed ” ..Wednesday, 7 May 2014 .. 08:06 AM

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by h2ogrdn h2ogrdn 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

woodgreen
    Participant

………… “ The Potting Shed ”
    .……Wednesday, 7 May 2014 .. 08:06 AM

…  Good Morning Friends.

Back to the dull weather and it is not good for the rest of the week. Got to get out early to see the TAX person today.

…  Tigsy. I sprayed before the dry spell in February  and they did not show any sign of dieing till the first light rain then they were gone in a day or two. I thought that the killer had not worked so I did it again and it still did not work then we had the light rain and they were gone lol.

Have a good day all stay safe.

… Dave.  Sherry.  Marcia.  Sherrilyn.
    …  Fred.  Brenda.  Denise.  Tigsy  &  Kathy.     Stewart.

#5141741 Report Abuse
    davehhhj
    davehhhj
    Participant

morning

stewart

well got up to 85 yesterday

had to turn air on

planted

so take care

later

dave

dave

#5141765 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Morning all it 60  degrees here right now and going into the 90′s today not looking forward to that To hot to soon.   We need some rain though looks like Iowa is going to take our rain away again on the map they are showing.   I am feeling a little better but will take a while to heal.   Doc say probably up to 3 months for myself to heal up.   Well off to work.  Hope you all have a great day  May God Bless You All  !!!!

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

#5141768 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Good morning Stewart and Dave.  Am I early?  Sun is bright here.  Will be a good day for gardening.

Need to: plant two trees, muck out the pond, weed, rake, prune dead stock and what ever else comes to mind while I’m out there all day.

Saw two lovely indigo buntings this morning.  Tried to point them out to Dan since we were sitting eating breakfast but they kept flitting.  I hope they stick around.  Yesterday I saw the rose breasted grosbeak again but I doubt that one will stay around.  Bluebirds are busy.  I wonder if they have eggs.  Hummingbird has claimed the top of the tuteur as its perch.  That will be until a phoebe or flycatcher comes to claim it.

Trying to send an card to a friend who is summering in the Keys until her house is built at Ocean City.  No mail delivery so ecard it has to be for her birthday next week.  123Greetings is being slow.

I’ll check back here later to see what everyone else has been up to.

photo signature_1.gif

#5141770 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Snow – you posted as I was writing.  What happened to you?  Heal up?  3 months?  What did I miss?  Let me check on midwest to see if you posted there.

photo signature_1.gif

#5141779 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

Good morning everyone.  It is 45 and suppose to rain.

Put the gazebo up yesterday and my flag so of course now it will rain.  LOL

Denise I am painting my kitchen cupboards white, they were beige.  Yes the picture I posted yesterday, I took.  Beautiful spot.  Most pics I post are ones I have taken.

Tigsy that pictue I posted yesterday is a 15 minute boat ride.  We met the lady that owns it.  She is in her 70′s and stays there all summer by herself (gets company once in awhile when her kids come up).  Every once in awhile you see her out bootin around the lake.  Nice cottage.  You would surely have to stock up on groceries to be living there all summer.  LOL

Snow I must have missed something too.  What did you do?

Not much else going on here.  Hope you all have a great day.  Stay safe.

Tink photo Tinkerbell-1.gif

#5141824 Report Abuse

Good morning it is a cloudy 48 suppose to get to 58.  I think I saw a oreo this morning.  Better get some jelly and see if I was seeing right.  Not much going on today.  I work at 2-11.  should finish the laundry.  Did I tell you that DBF is done with his Camaro?  Well now he bought me a 1946 Chevy Truck.  That is the next project.  He is putting it on a different frame.  We will go and get the frame Friday.  He got the motor already.  Then the next weekend he will get the body.  This project will take some time.  Needs lots of work.

Stewart we are having the same weather too.

Dave wow you had the AC on and I had to put the heat on lol.

Snow did I miss something also?  What is wrong with you?  Wow that is hot!   Sure hope you get some rain.

Steep sounds like a fun and busy day outside.  I cant wait till I can get out more.  Nice birds you are getting.

Sherry what a great place to stay.  Not sure if I could do it for the whole summer though.  I would feel trapped lol.  You are chilly too.

Well have a good day everyone.

#5141825 Report Abuse
    KBratnTex
    KBratnTex
    Participant

Good morning. Ah, it is nice and cool this morning. Only getting to low 90s today. Whew, I needed that!

Stewart, I’d be in trouble with your weed killer here. One thing about the drought…we have nothing BUT weeds. What the heat and dry doesn’t get on their own are easy prey for weed killers.

Dave, no A/C here yet. Trying to wait until June. We’ll see how tough I really am. It doesn’t really bother me that much in the daytime, but being too hot to sleep will eventually get my resolve. LOL

Sherry, I want to do the same thing with my kitchen cabinets. I bought the paint before Thanksgiving…last year. It may be all dried up by now. I have 14 doors and 13 drawers and every time I look at all those handles and hinges that would have to come off….I just chicken out….one more time. LOL

Snow, I’m so sorry you are ailing. I, too, must have missed what happened. Hope you continue to feel better!

Marcia, how often do you have to clean the pond and did you have any fish left after the flooding?

Ha..late getting this posted. Gary showed up to get Bud. That pup grabbed his frisbee and was ready to load up. I think it’s totally kewl that he loves us both and is just happy to be where ever we say.  He loves summer on the farm, getting to go check the cattle, swimming in the big pond and chasing varmints. They just left and he looked like a real Texas cow dog riding up on the toolbox, chest out, wind in his face. Then he got his butt back down in the bed when they got on the highway. Now that he is on a cane, I just hope he doesn’t get too excited and knock Gary down! Once again…I’m a dog-less woman.

Better hit the button and get on with my “rat killin”. Have a wonderful day, ALL! KB

http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/cgi-bin/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=wu_bluestripes&airportcode=K0F2&ForcedCity=Bellevue&ForcedState=TX&zip=76228&language=EN

#5141834 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Thunder storm happening right now.  I hurried to finish planting the trees after they had a good soak for 3 hours.  Thunder started as I did that and drops started to fall.  Now it’s pretty heavy.

Kathy – My pond was to be a rain garden but it doesn’t drain as fast as they are supposed to so I treat it like a pond.  I’m thinking of getting a liner for it.

Got interrupted.  Dan wants some lunch.  I’ll be back.

photo signature_1.gif

#5141843 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Tigsy – I finished the Incident of the Dog in the Night-time.  That was very good.  DOn’t know if you’ve ever seen The Big Bang Theory on TV but the narrator of this book in my head was Sheldon from that show.

Kathy – back to the pond.  Not sure how many goldfish went down with the rain.  As I was raking out some of the decomposing vegetation I did snag one goldfish but got him off quick.  Didn’t see too many others but then they would have been frightened. My dilemma is that I like having the fish but don’t like having to add water from our well when the water starts to decrease and mud appears.  There are so many cattails in there that I never planted that I don’t know how anyone would be able to put a line in except by digging the whole thing out.  Maybe that’s how I’m spending the rest of my inheritance.

I tried to look back to see what Snow said at other places about her health.  There was mention of arm and chest pains in the Midwest thread.  I hope she’s okay.

Time to post some photos on the blog.

Blog

photo signature_1.gif

#5141850 Report Abuse
    h2ogrdn
    h2ogrdn
    Participant

Was down to 30º this morning and forecast says another freeze tonight.  Right now bright out there with blue sky but they say there could be brief showers.

I am kind of just idling along this morning.  Yesterday I arrived at the school at 6:20a and opened the poll doors at 7.  We officially finished the day at 9:30p but didn’t get out of there until almost 10p.  Was a very slow day with about 128 voting in person.  However, something like 3000 voted absentee.  This is the first time the school conducted it’s own trustee election in a long time without paying the county to do it.  Media coverage was very poor and I suspect a large number of people had no idea there was an election.  The county provided the school with a list of voters that indicated who all were supposed to receive an absentee ballot but that part was totally inaccurate.  No levy on the ballot also is part of the reason for the low turnout.  There are about 9000 voters in our school district.  It is K-8, was the first school here, around 1860, and now has 1400 students.  Only had about 50-60 when I graduated.  Most of the district is still outside the city limits.

After yesterday, I am still a little foggy and trying to get my act together.  Slowly getting my priorities together for the day.  With that I think I will get moving.  Take care,

Fred in Western Montana

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.