the potting shed wed july 16

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat the potting shed wed july 16

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by abeyl abeyl 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    davehhhj
    davehhhj
    Participant

morning

every one was a cool day 54  this morning

cant say much this morning

mary  steep  tisgy  fred snow

where is snow

later

dave

may the lord  bless

dave

#5264535 Report Abuse
    davehhhj
    davehhhj
    Participant

ps  who is margb

dave

#5264551 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

Good morning Dave and all who follow.  It is 58 and quite cool.  So refreshing.  Love this weather.  Suppose to be hot and humid again by the weekend. YUK!

Not too much going on today.  Havent decided if I want to do anything or not.  LOL

Hope you all have a great day.  Stay safe

Tink photo Tinkerbell-1.gif

#5264572 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Good morning Dave & Sherry and the rest of you that may beat me to posting this.

Dave – Marg is from Lancaster, PA.  Longtime poster but just recently posting on the Potting Shed.

Cool day here.  AC off.  Windows wide open.  Love it.  Good day for gardening which I plan to do.

That’s it from here for now.

photo signature_1.gif

#5264617 Report Abuse
    KBratnTex
    KBratnTex
    Participant

Good morning. 68º here and weatherman says we might get rain in the afternoon. Fingers crossed!
    Finished most of the spraying. I’ll be so glad when it’s done. I’ve just been so worried I was going to damage my hardwood floors trying to get rid of these dang little web making critters.
    The tv guy was here so long, I never made it to the shop yesterday.
    Brenda and Sherry, yes the cooler weather is wonderful! Yesterday was comfortable with my doors and windows open until late afternoon.
    The change of tv equipment turned out quite painless, thank goodness. It was just an upgrade and for once, they left the dang remote the same. So happy I could just pick up the new one and work it!! Yeah!
    Mary, my neighbor tried to give me a little crash course on the new cell phone. Can I say I was a bit lifted by the fact (maybe you don’t have to be old to be confused! Hehehe) that she finally had to call her daughter to come over and help us BOTH?! LOL
    Fred, so sorry to hear of your family’s sorrow.
    Marcia, I think when they are growing by leaps and bounds and learning new things everyday, we think we will NEVER forget each moment. The problem, they just keep going and growing and that is lots of moments to fit in one heart and mind. ;)
    Dave, glad you finally got your hay in the dry.
    Margba, nice to see you.
    Getting late. Need to get off this machine and on my feet! Have a great day, ALL! KB

http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/cgi-bin/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=wu_bluestripes&airportcode=K0F2&ForcedCity=Bellevue&ForcedState=TX&zip=76228&language=EN

#5264619 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning Dave, Margba lives where a lot of Amish farms are. a cool 59* this morning, long pants and a cardigan on when went out! 78* high today. this is my kind of weather. went to Kroger and got eggs,was 99c a dozen sign said, cashier charged 1.99! new paper came out today and had gone up in price, don’t like it two papers a week! i was given the eggs free!!!!!The man went to change the price sign.somebody didn’t do their job!! everyone have a nice day, Mary in sunny cool Ky.10.51am

#5264635 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

taking a break from weed pulling.  Nice temps but still get warm and sweaty.  I can last longer though.  Will have some lunch then get back to it.  Working on the pond garden which gets to be quite wild.  Some of it just it the way it will have to look.

photo signature_1.gif

#5264663 Report Abuse
    h2ogrdn
    h2ogrdn
    Participant

Kind of hazy today but 93º is forecasted.  Rain storms go around us.

Thanks for the acknowledgements of our family loss.  A write-up in todays newspaper was a good tribute to her.  There may be a private family service later.

Yesterday I was so proud of how the veggie garden is taking off and how well the wax bean plants were looking.  Sometime last night the doe found her way in through my maze and trimmed off the top growth and flower stalks that were coming on.  Trimmed back the struggling blackberry plant.  AAARRRGGGHHH!!  I am bummed after all that work to fence her out.

Dave, how many hydrangea plants do you have?  Have they ever bloomed?  The 2 types I have like a bright, sunny spot but not the intense, late afternoon sun  They also like consistent damp but not wet soil.  Totally hardy is Annabelle with its large white globes.  You trim it to just above the lowest buds in the spring.  It’s color is not affected by the pH of the soil.  The other group I have a lot of luck with are in the Paniculata family.  These are shrub-like year round so you don’t trim them way down, just prune a little and clean them up.  Many are hardy into zone 4 and color is not affected by the soil pH.  I totally gave up on any hydrangea in the group called Macrophylla.  These are the ones that are either pink or blue depending upon the pH of the soil and many bloom on second year wood.  They freeze back here so don’t set flower buds.  A few of them are supposed to bloom on both old and new growth, but I have had no luck with that either.   If you just have 1 and it doesn’t bloom, I would replace it.  Otherwise, make sure they are getting good light and consistent moisture would be my recommendation.  Otherwise, mine don’t get any special attention.   There are a couple other groups of hydrangea but I have no experience with them.  Do you have any info on the name of yours?

Today I have to pick up flyers to distribute for the iris rhizome sale that should be ready this afternoon and return a library book.  Need to set up an appointment for a hair cut.  Maybe trim out the lawn so I can cut tomorrow.  Have plants to get into the ground, etc.  Take care,

Fred in Western Montana

#5264812 Report Abuse
    davehhhj
    davehhhj
    Participant

my   hydranga

dave

#5265128 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.