the potting shed wed july 13

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat the potting shed wed july 13

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by h2ogrdn h2ogrdn 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    davehhhj
    davehhhj
    Participant

morning
    things are strange this morning
    some thing is wrong with this site
    so later
    dave

dave

#5273239 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

Good morning Dave and all who follow.  It is 61 and no humidity.  Quite nice.

Well yesterday cleared up quite nicely and I did get my bike ride in so that was good.  I have to go get water today but thats about it.  Will get my bike ride in later.  Yeah!

Going to look at a few places for mum tomorrow.  Its a retirement type village.  They are actually mobile homes and really nice.  Some of them are 1200 sq ft.  They have a rec center and two pools and shuffleboard.  This isnt assisted living, they are totally on their own with their own place.  Its a gated community and all seniors.  I think she will like it.  I know I would.  Not much yard work so perfect for her.  I think she would hate apartment living.

Thats about it from here.  Take care all and have a great day.

Tink photo Tinkerbell-1.gif

#5273249 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Morning all be a nice day today in the 80′s lowhumidity but look out by theweekend back to realality  hot and humid.  My baby turns 27today  and he is at meetings in MN  makes me feel old for sure.  Picked corn last night will put  it  up tonight got somebefore the coons this time.

Dave  the site been funny for a little while.

Sherry hope your mom likes one of the places.  Lots of room for sure.  Have fun on your bike ride.

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

#5273287 Report Abuse

brb4y
    Participant

Morning all. Ha, Dave, I’m always getting the days mixed up but can usually remember what month it is.

Is blessedly cool this morning in the low 60′s and not supposed to get all that hot for the next couple of days. I see lots of yard work getting done!

Katie made it home last night safe and sound she said.

The crippled hen is doing a bit better this morning and may soon fly the coop. I know she misses her buddies and Mama hen isn’t all that polite to her at all. She doesn’t want to share her growing kids at all. One of them I hope to give to Lou. He’s going to be a really beautiful rooster colored much like Sir James. Not at all sure I can behead him….

I think the county fair begins here today. Have never been and not even sure where it is. Funny, I’ve lived here for 14+ years and still don’t know where everything is.

Is almost 8 already and I’ve not done anything but a walkabout yet.

Hope it’s a super and safe day for everyone.

Brenda

#5273301 Report Abuse

Tigsy
    Participant

Good morning, friends! Slept late, just now up. Chilly — down to 58 overnight, to be 55 tonight. Not normal at all.

Dave, what turned up strange this morning? I didn’t notice anything.

Sherry — you should get this cooler weather tomorrow. That possible place for your DM sounds very nice. There’s a place in town here (which isn’t aimed at seniors, but I think that’s what they get) that is like that, but no pool, rec center or anything. Nice, tho — I know a couple of folks who live there and like it. Hope your mom likes the place.

Snow, happy birthday to your baby! My baby is only a year and a month younger than yours!

Brenda, guess retirement does that to a person — we lose track of time! (Not to mention our glasses, the book we’re reading, that pencil we just had, etc.!) I have to think twice to figure out what day it is!

Breakfast is calling, so better get a move on. Hope everyone has a great day and gets a lot done! Hi to all who follow.

#5273310 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning Dave and others, a lovely cool 62* and breezy day 82* high. Sherry-that will be nice for your Mum to be with others her age,how old is she? have fun cycling today. Snowwolf-you feel old? my oldest is 54! but i don’t feel old yet, unless my back gives me trouble. Brenda-I mark my calendar every morning! Usually August is a HOT month when the state fair comes to town,but this is a nice comfortable day so far. hello to others, have a nice day, Mary in sunny Ky 10.33am

#5273314 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

Hi Mary, my mum is 85.  Still driving.  Pretty healthy too

Tink photo Tinkerbell-1.gif

#5273327 Report Abuse
    robee_pa
    robee_pa
    Participant

Morning all. Sunny and pleasant.
    Had rain all most of yesterday. We received 1 1/4 inches. Rain delayed my sister’s flight from LA to Baltimore. Glad she made it safe and sound.
    Should sweep and dust. SHOULD is the important word here.
    Not much else going on. Hoping to get corn tomorrow so we can freeze some. Rain messed up our schedule this week.
    I hope we hear from Kathy today.
    Have a peaceful day all.

signature 1 photo signature_1.gif

#5273349 Report Abuse
    h2ogrdn
    h2ogrdn
    Participant

I think today is possibly our last taste of the 90º highs.  Have only had .1″ of rain this month so everything is dry.  Still getting a lot of smoke out of neighboring states and some of our own but another lightening storm could cause some serious fires.

I made 3 trip’s to Dad’s yesterday.  He was surprised that 2 of his 1st cousins, 1 from Kent, Washington, stopped for a short visit.  Hoping today they finally get him fitted for a wheelchair.  The one he was in yesterday for 4 hours was way too narrow and aggravated his bad leg.  It just seems to take a lot of time to get everything into place.  Bought him new blades for his shaver last night hoping they will cut through his week of growth.

Going out to took over the raspberries, see how the wax beans are coming along, and pull weeds for a while.  Then take Dad his razor and see what else he has decided he needs or obstacles he has conjured up.  Hope he starts running out of the latter real soon.

Take care and I hope to drop in tomorrow,

Fred in Western Montana

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.