the potting shed tue july 15

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat the potting shed tue july 15

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    davehhhj
    davehhhj
    Participant

morning

got very warm yesterday

63  now planted  so pole beans yesterday

take  care

later

dave

snow  steep  fred mary   others

dave

#5264160 Report Abuse

brb4y
    Participant

Morning all. Well, our ‘storm’ finally came in around 3am some 14 hours late and consisting of only a very gentle light rain so far. Supposed to ‘storm’ all day long but we’ll see what really happens. Is 76° right now. Tomorrow morning supposed to be 59° so I’ll be sure to have every window open!

Since it’s raining it would be a good day to take the RAV4 in for a lube job. Can’t take the pickup since he needs new wipers.

Did get lots done in the house yesterday finally. Swept up and then wet mopped all the floors except where covered by reclining dogs, swabbed down all the kitchen cabinets which were mildewing, and so forth. Did get Mark and John bathed (that was a chore) but Ol’ Madonna said “No thank You.” and refused to get up. Didn’t force her since she really needs brushing more than a bath. After doing the 2 boy dogs I didn’t have the energy to take her out to brush her. Maybe today?

Sherry, if that fellow’s daughter is anything like some of my relatives she won’t show up till you’ve gone through everything, sold most and she’ll be ready for her money. Hope he had an air tight will.

Yes, KB, we’re supposed to get 2 days of ‘cool’ temps in the 80′s with low humidity starting tomorrow. I’ve reserved those 2 days for yard work that’s been neglected lately.

How did your arms hold up with all that work yesterday?

I heard or read somewhere that next month’s moon is supposed to be bigger so maybe I’ll remember to look….seems I remember those things when it’s too late every time.

After 6 already so must get cracking to get things done before it gets hot or storms or whatever it’s going to do today.

Enjoy the day and be safe.

Brenda

Steep, isn’t it great to watch Annabelle grow?

#5264187 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

Good morning everyone.  It is 65 and overcast and drizzly.  Suppose to be much cooler tomorrow, only in the low 60′s.
    Brenda I dont know how iron clad the will is.  It was drawn up by a lawyer so…..   Who knows.  My lawyer is checking into a few things so we will see.  I havent really done any cleaning up or anything.  Im waiting to see if it is ours or not.  Time will tell.  Such a long , drawn out process.  I do have the go ahead to sell any vehicles but first we have to clean them up.  THis weekend hopefully we can get this done.

Other than that not much going on.  Hope you all have a great day.  Stay safe.

Tink photo Tinkerbell-1.gif

#5264200 Report Abuse
    KBratnTex
    KBratnTex
    Participant

Good morning. It’s nice out this morning. I opened the doors and windows for a bit of airing while it’s cool. A nice change from being shut in.
    They say it’s time to change my dish thing and inside equipment, so the man is supposed to be here between 8 and noon. I don’t mind, but now I’ll have a new remote to conquer. I mean, seriously, a new phone AND a new remote?! Some times life just puts way too many pressures on my poor, old brain! LOL
    Chances for rain start tomorrow. All I can say is, I hope, I hope, I hope!

Brenda, it was ok. They did really tune up and hurt, but the good part was it only took a few minutes of resting for them to stop. THAT is a super improvement! Plus, the pain was concentrated in the area of the big knot, so that makes me feel like there is light at the end of this tunnel!

Wow, time is flying. I’ve got to get off and get a quick shower and be ready for installation person. Hope everyone has a lovely day! KB

http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/cgi-bin/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=wu_bluestripes&airportcode=K0F2&ForcedCity=Bellevue&ForcedState=TX&zip=76228&language=EN

#5264234 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Good morning.  Grayish sort of day here.  Threat of storms all day, too.  We had lots of rain just as Dan arrived home last night.  Buckets and buckets of it.  Should make it easy to pull weeds but I think I’ll wait for the cooler temps to arrive tomorrow to do that chore.

Yes, Brenda.  Wonderful to see Annabelle grow.  Why can’t I remember these milestones in my girls childhood?  Too busy with life I guess.  Nice to have the grandchild to experience it again.

Dan and I watched a very creepy movie last night.  Fargo.  Oh, my.  The synopsis gave no indication of the violence.  We should have turned it off but we got sucked in to see how it turned out.  Not good at all.

Sherry – did Wendy give any indication as to what Stewart was up to?  I wonder how he is faring with that car of his.

I think I’ll take a walk around with the clippers until I can’t stand the humidity.  Spent too much time at this keyboard yesterday working on addresses for the wedding invites & also another photo book from Shutterfly while the discount was still in play. The first two I did I picked up from the post office.  They turned out wonderful.

Take care of yourselves today!

photo signature_1.gif

#5264250 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning Dave, a lovely cool 67-86* today,windows are wide open the let the fresh air in. didn’t get the storm last night as predicted, raked leaves from the Birch tree the wind just blows them off!raked them into the road so they can blow away. KBrat this new technology is hard on our old brains!! I have an
    i phone to use for emergency when out walking and had to write down how to use it and keep with the phone!!!! Marcia-saturday night is “thriller” and i usually fall asleep before it ends! every one enjoy the day, Mary in KY 10.45am

#5264263 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Good morning, Dave & all who come here!  I think we are experiencing about the same sort of weather as a lot of you already got, but we are a day or 2 behind you all!  Brenda, I read about the supermoon thing coming Iin Aug & Sept, also.  I forgot to look at it this wkend, too!  3 dogs?  Oh, boy!  Sherry, dont know why those things have to be so darned long & drawn out!  I agree w/ Sherry about the relative thing!  KB, sorry you have to change your dish thing!  Will they charge you for it?  I have to get new directv dish, too but because I am moving!  Steep, I know what you meanb about spending too much time at the keyboard!  What did you order from Shutterfly?  Photos?  I like Snapfish. Hi Mary!  I have an iphone — an iphone4.  Not sure I like it too well, though!  CPs sure give you extra security & its good to keep cp w/ you when outside!  I dont but should when outside gardening or walking around!  Have a great day, everyone!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by margba margba.
    #5264271 Report Abuse
    h2ogrdn
    h2ogrdn
    Participant

Got home from the lake yesterday around 4 and by 7 the sky clouded up and wind started blowing.  Lots of lightening.  The 10pm news showed it raining in town but we got nothing just a couple miles away.  This morning it was very hazy and I suspect forest fire smoke to the south.

My dental appointment was changed this morning to 11 instead of 10 so juggling my schedule.  The garden group is meeting at 1 at an old farm up on the hill north of Missoula that the city is trying to keep operating as it did many years ago.  Have public service announcements to deliver to the radio and TV stations for the Iris Society Rhizome Sale in 2 weeks.

Tragedy in our family last Friday.  A cousin died in a single vehicle accident on the freeway.  Apparently went into the center medium, over corrected, and rolled her boyfriend’s van repeatedly.  She wasn’t wearing a seatbelt.  He will recover but already had serious physical issues.  Details have been hard to get because of being out of town and not seeing any newspapers or news.  Doesn’t sound like any services are planned because some time in the past she said she would never want one.  She was kind of a gray sheep, very independent, and was on medications because of her disability but had quit taking them because they got ‘wet’ and was waiting for the time to expire so she could get the prescription renewed.  Right now I don’t know what is fact and what is rumor.  Her Dad had just got out of the hospital with heart issues and was placed on nitroglycerin for the next 2 weeks as he waits for an appointment with his cardiologist.

I had better get going to the dentist.  I will drop off a couple PSA’s on the way in.  Take care,

Fred in Western Montana

#5264291 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

Good afternoon everyone.

Steep I checked my email from Wendy and she said Stewart has his car in the shop for repairs.  She said it was his french car.  Other than that not much else.

Margba dont know if I missed it but where are you from and where you moving to?

KB glad you are getting some relief from the heat.  Same up here, thank goodness.  LOL

Mary have you been doing much swimming.  I finally got out on my bike yesterday.  Yeah!

Fred prayers to you and your family on such a tragedy.

It stopped raining and the sun is out now.  Not too warm at 70.  Pleasant day.

Talk to you later.  Enjoy your day everyone.

Tink photo Tinkerbell-1.gif

#5264334 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Fred – sorry to hear of your cousin’s death.  Did she live in your town?

I spent sometime outside this morning but came in dripping wet.  It’s been thundering and spitting rain.  Some areas under a tornado warning.  Cool weather tomorrow.  Yeah!

photo signature_1.gif

#5264354 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

So sorry about your cousin’s death, Fred.  Yes, I am moving very soon!  Actually at the end of next wk!  Hard to believe!  Steep, heard about possible tornadoes in MD.  Stay safe down there!  We’re expecting something on the severe side but not sure what yet!  They seem to keep chaanging the forecast pretty often today!  LATER!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.