the potting shed tue 12

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat the potting shed tue 12

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Tigsy 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    davehhhj
    davehhhj
    Participant

morning
    stewart
    tisgy i buy peaches from a peach farm
    3500 for number one
    fair is this week so need to go
    take care
    dave

dave

#5272895 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

Good morning everyone.  A rainy, windy one here with a temp of 68.  Very muggy.  Suppose to cool down tomorrow.

Wont be bike riding today unless it clears up.  Need to get a few groceries so maybe I will do that.  Good day for it.

What a sad thing about Robin Williams.  I just cant believe it.  I remember him in Mork and Mindy.  Use to love that show.  He was such a funny guy.  Such a shame.

Thats it from here.  Hope you all have a great day.  Stay safe.

Tink photo Tinkerbell-1.gif

#5272912 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Morning all the sun is shinning today so will finally feel like doing something I hope.  I also in shock about Robin Williams such a funny person and he made me laugh also.  I will miss his funny.  Well nothing else much new so off to work.

Dave goodeating on those peaches and have fun at the fair.

Sherry sorry you can’t ride today but have fun grocery shopping.

Well I hope everyone has a great day

God Bless

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

#5272936 Report Abuse

brb4y
    Participant

Morning all. Got a pleasant rain yesterday, not nearly long enough, but thankful for it anyway. Did get several hours worth of weeding and dead heading done. Then swept and washed the floors. Looked really nice for at least an hour anyway.

Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler so maybe can do the mowing and weed eating without undue punishment to my body.

Yes, it was a shock to hear about Robin Williams this morning. Far too young, talented and nice to lose. He’ll be sorely missed I’m sure.

Better get back outside before it’s too hot to do anything.

Have a safe day and enjoy.

Brenda

#5272941 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning Dave, the Kentucky State fair starts thursday here, might go if one of the girls decide to go, I enjoy looking at all the cakes etc, and getting free rulers,pencils, yard stick etc. last year the local television station gave grocery tote bags. going to be a nice breezy 71-80* today and the sun is out now. everyone have a nice day,even if it is raining some places, Mary in sunny Ky 10.02am

#5272952 Report Abuse
    h2ogrdn
    h2ogrdn
    Participant

Upper 90′s again today.  I need to be out the door in a couple minutes to get to my health screening.  Then to Dad’s appointment with his own doctors.  Hope they will authorize a wheelchair his size and get their input into this whole situation.  Got the lawn trimmed out and mowed last evening so it is ready for the fertilizer fellow, probably sometime this morning as well.  Take care,

Fred in Western Montana

#5272964 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Good morning!  Rainy here today, also!  Might get yo low 80s.  Maybe 3-5″ of rain & dont need it here as already we are in a surplus of 5-6″!  Might be a strong tstorm later! Dave, I usually get peaches from a local farm nearby, too or a good farm stand!  Fred, hope your screenings go ok, also your Dad!  SW! Hoping you are feeling better!  Hi Mary!  Are you getting a lot of rain, too?  Brenda, hope you get yourvlawn mowed before it gets too hot!  So glad I dont have to mow!  Hi Sherry!  Very sad about Ro bin Williams!  He will be sorely missed!  Hi Steep!  Hi KB!

#5272975 Report Abuse

albertagran
    Participant

Going to be a scorcher here today. I had planned on doing beet pickles, but they can wait for a cooler day. Just doing laundry today and that is it.

#5272976 Report Abuse

Tigsy
    Participant

Good morning, all. Downright chilly here this morning — 61 and windy.I’ve already been over to church to deliver some floral items — the friend who started the idea of making our own floral arrangements for the altar, on Sundays when no one volunteered the $45 to pay for one from the florist, is going to do an arrangement for this Sunday. I got some of the items she’ll need, so I dropped them off. I had the heat on in the car!!!

Dave, thanks for opening. No peach farms around here. My mom used to get “lugs” of peaches — flat crates, 2 or 3 peaches deep, for canning. DSis and I helped, which was fun — but we were so “careless” — most peaches “accidentally” had an extra half cut around when we were halving them to take out the pit. But we simply ate the extra slivers of warm peach — yum!

Sherry, yes, I suppose you’ll get this cool weather tomorrow — enjoy it! Yeah, so sad about Robin Williams. He was out of the same mold as Jonathan Winters, who also had severe depression, but he made it into his 80s.

Snow — glad you have sunshine — maybe we’ll get it later. It does affect one’s mood, doesn’t it? Hope work is somehow entertaining today for you!

Brenda, you’re getting a lot more weeding done than I am — and there are a lot of weeds out there, believe me!  I’ve been lax, for sure. Is the hen walking better today?

Mary, enjoy the fair! We lived really close to the Minn. state fairgrounds and always went, mostly for the foods! Pronto Pups (corn dogs), cotton candy, saltwater taffy, etc. Not so many giveaways like pencils and stuff. Haven’t been to that one in decades, but have been to our little county fair, which is the latest one in the state, late Sept.

Fred, hope you get some good info and good news from the Drs. today.

Marg, I think we could use 3″ of rain, but not 5″, not all at once!

Hi, Maxine! Good idea to postpone hot kitchen work!

Better get busy — need more getting ready for our trip to Minn. for the family reunion. Hi to all who follow! Have a great day!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.