“ The Potting Shed ” Sunday, 3 August 2014.10:49 AM

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat “ The Potting Shed ” Sunday, 3 August 2014.10:49 AM

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by steepdrive steepdrive 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

woodgreen
    Participant

………… “ The Potting Shed ”
    .……Sunday, 3 August 2014 . 10:49 AM

Top of the morning all.   The Sun is shining but there are a few clouds about.  It was a evening of greeting old friends some going back as far as the 80 tys. Graham was not at all well so he went home early. I stayed on and it was the first time I did not have a musical instrument with me so I just sat and enjoyed the music and talked to my old and new friends it was a very pleasant evening all round. Our pub has the best room for such an evening and the landlord lets us have it free all week he also has a big garden and he puts a stage up that gets well used all week as it is on the edge of town we do not get over run by the crowd.  I have lots of photos but I cannot post them for some reason and I do not want to make this computer worse than it is. I want to get another one but not just yet so you will be getting photos going back 6 months when I do. I do not want to get an (8) as there seems to be a lot of problems with them so it will be a rebuilt (7) from a computer shop I know well.
    So time to be off again have a blessed Sunday one and all Stay safe and enjoy the day.   WHAT did here someone say that I have always been OFF. LOL   STEWART.

#5270183 Report Abuse

brb4y
    Participant

Morning all.  Well, we got rain! All of a sudden it started pouring hard at 1:30pm and rained like the dickens till 1:35pm, ended with one large thunder clap, then just drizzled for about half an hour. That was it. Hoping for more today.

Yesterday was a gentle day with time to meander about the yard doing little things and putter about the house. Got nothing major done at all for some reason. Guess it was the too frequent interruptions. Seems all the critters wanted special attention individually all day long. Even some of the hens jumped up on the window sill to peck on the window getting my attention to bring them some sort of treat. Every time I sat down (it seemed) Mark would show up and sit by my feet with both front paws on my lap. (dirty ones at that, but then I was already dirty) John backed up to me several times to have his rear scratched and Madonna wanted a belly rub. Ended the day with a scoop of ice cream for each dog and a small blob for Bird. Cats missed out on that since they were outside. Must get more productive tomorrow.

Katie spent the last 2 days exploring Prince George and is headed for the  B.C./Alaska border today. She’d had her route all planned but it seems she’s zig sagging around lots to see things she wanted to.

Almost 6:30 so better start getting cleaned up for church.

Have a safe gentle Lord’s day!

Brenda

#5270191 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Good morning all.  Rain here. Started in the night and has continued.  Haven’t read the forecast yet but Dan’s outing with a friend to the Orioles baseball game this afternoon may not happen if rain continues.  It’s a nice gentle rain which we haven’t had in a very long time.  Usually when it rains it just pours.

Stewart – nice to hear things going well for you.

Brenda – sounds like it was a nice day to me.  The list of chores didn’t need to happen.  You spent time with your critters.

That’s it from here.

photo signature_1.gif

#5270193 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

Good morning everyone.  Quite muggy here at 68 and drizzling a little but looks like it will clear up.

Had a great time yesterday on the Empire Sandy.  It was only a 2 hour cruise out into Lake Erie but the weather was beautiful.  Couldnt have asked for a better day.  I will be posting some pics for you.

Hope you all have a great day.  Stay safe.

Tink photo Tinkerbell-1.gif

#5270196 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

My son Jim and I.  Mike just got off nights and was too tired to go.

#5270197 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

#5270198 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

The lighthouse in Port Colborne.

#5270199 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

This was the first Mate.   It was quite a calm day with only a gentle breeze blowing.  A little windier would have been nice.  Lots of fun.  Different perspective looking at the beach where I go all the time.

#5270201 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

This was coming back into Port

#5270203 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

Sails going up

#5270204 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

Lots of sailboats.  Hope I didnt bore you all with these pics.  LOL

#5270206 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Great photos.  What fun you had, Sherry!

photo signature_1.gif

#5270209 Report Abuse

Tigsy
    Participant

Good morning, all. Looks like a nice day for a picnic. An outdoor church service first, then the picnic. Then back home to continue our Major Clean-Up. Guess we’ll have kids coming next weekend. DD started it, and I suspect her 2 Chicago DBs will come out too.

Stewart, glad you’re having fun — knew you would!

Brenda — you need a day like that once in a while!

Steep, bet you needed that rain. Hope you get a little more. We could use some too.

Sherry, great pictures! Looks like a fun cruise, with beautiful weather. The First Mate looks quite chummy!

Gotta get ready for church. Hi to all who follow!

#5270223 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good Sunday morning, 69-87* today, Stewart-nice to see old friends, we are all OFF some days!Brenda- your pets are always there for you. Katie really gets around at her age. Sherry- That was fun for you and Jim, nice pictures, I went on the Lord Nelsons ship once but it was stationary. had to bend over down under where the bunks etc were.going to get groceries and eat lunch out with Janet today, hello to others,enjoy this day. Mary in sunny Ky 10.13am

#5270228 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

MARCIA- -how do i go back to get pictures of the Queen Elizabeths money notes, want to see if Janet can make copies of them? Mary in KY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.