The potting Shed July 5

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat The potting Shed July 5

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Tigsy 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

Good morning everyone.  I will post this and come back so we dont have duplicates.

Tink photo Tinkerbell-1.gif

#5260822 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

Hello again.  Well it is 57 and just a beautiful day so far.  Nice and cool.  Was feeling really ill last night.  Severe pains in my stomach and the chills something awful.  Havent been cold in years but I was last night.  My stomach still isnt right. Headachy and a bit dizzy.  Dont know what it is.

Steep my mothers partner passed away and made my brother and I executors.  He has a sail boat, among other things that we have to try and sell.  Such a long, drawn out process.  I could understand if there was no will but there is so why does it take so long.  Strange.  Will be glad when it is all settled.

Not much else going on.  Going to take it easy today.  Hope you all have a great day.  Stay safe.

Tink photo Tinkerbell-1.gif

#5260845 Report Abuse

brb4y
    Participant

Morning all. Got lots accomplished yesterday but quit midafternoon to just sit back awhile. The usual fireworks neighbors stayed away but the folk who live in back of me fired up. I know the fellow and know he’s safe. He aimed them all over his little pasture so all I had to do is stand at the back door to watch. Dogs didn’t much like it but it didn’t last too long.

Hope all the celebrations went well for everyone.

Sherry, the tension of all the work dumped on you could cause that sick feeling. I know it did to me for a long time after Tom died and I was drowning in paperwork. Even tho we thought we’d covered all our bases with our wills it was all still so complicated., time consuming and heart breaking. I know you weren’t that close to him which makes it a bit easier on the heart but the load of ‘stuff’ that has to be done is terrible. Tomorrow will be a year since Tom died and I’m still getting paperwork done. Every time I think I’m all done with it something else comes up.

Steep, Sarah really travels doesn’t she?  Hope her trip is fruitful and easy.

Oops, too many interruptions and this has taken forever. Can’t keep a train of thought. Is almost 7:30 and must get outside while it’s cool.

Enjoy the weekend and be safe.

Brenda

Brenda

#5260850 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Good morning.  Had a nice surprise at my sister’s house yesterday.  The sister between me and the youngest was there too with her husband and son.  So all 4 sisters together. No brothers though.

Got home in time to catch the tail end of the fireworks from DC on the TV.  Then the neighbors started up.  Wow.  Good thing we had had drenching rain the day before because I would have been afraid the woods were set on fire.

Hugs to you Brenda on this upcoming anniversary.

Thanks for enlightening me Sherry.  What a hassle.  Hope you feel better.  Should you get yourself checked out?

Sarah and William have started planning.  Got an email last night asking for a guest list!  I sent it off this morning just now even though she said I had until the 16th.  Maybe she can find a dress while she’s in China! LOL.  Maybe a whole lot cheaper!

Beautiful day here. Must spend some of it in the veg garden.  Now breakfast is calling.

Hellos to others who follow: Robbie, Snow, Dave, Fred, Tigsy, Kathy, Mary, Stewart, Denise. Who have I forgotten.

photo signature_1.gif

#5260855 Report Abuse

Tigsy
    Participant

Good morning, Sherry and Brenda, and all who follow. We had a nice 4th. We don’t barbecue any more, and we just had our traditional Friday dinner pizza. Went off to the fireworks display after stopping to pick up some mosquito spray, which worked well for most of us — DH was the only one bitten — twice. Good fireworks, but we didn’t get our usual spot — had to sit a bit farther down, on a nice patch of grass. Funniest thing was that 2 ice cream vendor trucks were plying the crowd (we were out on a city street) cruising up and down and thru a parking lot, and they play the darnedest music — we heard about 6 different Christmas carols, some classical music, and a few children’s songs. Weird. I have 2″ tomatoes in my garden! Out there weeding a bit and discovered them.

Sherry, do you suppose you got a touch of food poisoning? Sounds nasty — so sorry. Hope it all clears up pretty soon.

Brenda, I’ve been thinking about “end-of-life” issues, and I know we aren’t prepared at all. Must get DH on the bandwagon on that. Not something one wants to think about, but necessary to do so.

Marcia, how nice to have a mini family reunion! My DF’s side of the family has a big reunion picnic every year, late August, and I usually see my DB & DS there, but DB isn’t coming this year. And how nice that Sarah is planning her wedding! Will it be a big one? How exciting!

Must get off here and eat some breakfast. Hope everyone has a great day.

#5260875 Report Abuse

Good morning it is 69 sunny and a breeze.  Suppose to be 89 today.  I have to get out and weed my flower bed.  It is horrible again.  Better check the garden too.  Finally I got something done yesterday.  I mopped the kitchen floor and clean the carpet in the living room.   It was gross!!! It looks so nice now. Our neighbors came over yesterday with sad news.  they might be moving to Naples FL.  We are very good friends with them.  The 4 of us are very much alike.  The guys are like 2 peas in a pod.  Like to tinker with garage stuff like cars, and are VERY fussy with their stuff.  and Karon and I like gardening, canning, crafts ect.  We do lots together.  Her and her hubby take care of this 3 house mansion fulltime.  Well the boss is going to sell it and is building a 3 million place in Fl and wants them to take of it.  They are not sure yet, as there family is all here.  I sure hope not.  Wow selfish of me.  But hard to get great neighbors.

Sherry thanks for opening.  Sounds like you got some bug.  Hope you feel better soon.

Brenda glad you could see fireworks, and you were safe. One of our dogs don’t like them. The other it does not faze her.  Yes hugs to you on your anniversary. ((((  )))))

Steep what a nice surprise, spending time with all sisters.  Is Sarah’s wedding going to be big?  some people should not have fireworks.  Glad you were safe.

Tigsy  sounds like a fun 4th.  I am not sure if they even had fireworks, as it was pretty windy.  strange ice cream truck music.  Nice to have maters already.  I think I have 7 but very small yet.

Ok time to get dressed.  Have a good day.

#5260894 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Not sure the size of the wedding.  Lots of family on both sides then there are the friends they’re sure to invite.

Back to the garden.  Debating whether to plant a second batch of beans.  They are not looking like the bush beans I thought they were to be.  Sending up vines.  Not sure I want the hassle of that.  Hmm.  I think they packaged the seeds wrong.  Website says these are to be bush style.

photo signature_1.gif

#5260924 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good afternoon, a breezy 60-86* today, Sherry- stress does work on us,hope you feel better soon. Brenda-keep cool. Marcia-now you have a wedding to look forward to, nice to have four sisters, i have one Brother. Tigsy-i usually have pep. pizza and a salad on fridays, you are eating fresh garden tomato!!been out for breakfast with Janet and groceries now home to stay, hello to others, have a nice day, Mary in KY 12.14pm

#5260953 Report Abuse

Tigsy
    Participant

Sorry to mislead, but my tomatoes are still green — not ready to pick yet. I think they’re Juliette variety, a large, oval cherry type, that I’ve grown for years. They grow like ordinary cherry toms, 8 or 10 on a central stem.   I had a bunch of volunteer plants that I brought over to the church garden, about a dozen. A friend who also helps at the church called them “soldiers” rather than volunteers. Cloudy here, breezy, and cool.  Going to make a rhubarb pie this afternoon. Past time for lunch, better get going. Have a good day, everyone.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.