the potting shed friday july 26

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat the potting shed friday july 26

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Keggy Keggy 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    davehhhj
    davehhhj
    Participant

morning
    back from texas
    long trip and several dollars spent
    went to bring my brother in law back
    some time iwant to take a side trip and go my red
    so later
    dave

dave

#5267630 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

Good morning everyone.  A cloudy 60 here this morning.  Suppose to rain most of the weekend.

Stewart nice to see you here yesterday.  Things must be going well and you must be having a good time.  Enjoy.

Red I hope you stick around.  It was nice seeing you again.

Hope you all have a great day.  Stay safe.

Tink photo Tinkerbell-1.gif

#5267650 Report Abuse
    davehhhj
    davehhhj
    Participant

stewart
    glad you are doing well
    mary tisgy others
    dave

dave

#5267660 Report Abuse

brb4y
    Participant

Morning all. The heat is coming back with a vengeance today, but it’s cool right now. If I had any sense I’d get busy outside right now before I go do town chores but haven’t been able to limber up yet. Will get out there shortly but need to leave around 0730 since Walmart is one of my stops.

Did get lots of weed eating done yesterday but when the weed eater’s tank was empty of gas I was too so quit. Drenched in sweat and covered with plant/insect body parts I had to sit for a few minutes to cool off before taking a long shower. Maybe, if I hurry with town stuff, can get home and finish before it’s too bad again.

Well, wasn’t yesterday a pleasure hearing from Red again? Stewart, I knew you could do it if you tried. Thank you both for showing up. Good to know that Wendy is ok. Great to know that Dave got home ok too.

Yes Fred, family issues can be most trying. Surprising how some will really show out in the strangest ways and handle things badly. I remember when my brother Ron wanted me to catalog and send to him my Daddy’s books. He never considered the $$$$ cost of shipping 15 large boxes of antique books…. instead of doing that I donated them to the University Med school. They brought a van and loaded them up. Are on display in the museum there along with many of his antique instruments. Ron got really upset but heck, he wouldn’t travel from Philly to AR to come get them. Whaddya’ do?

It’s 7 already so better scurry.

Hope it’s a great day for all.

Brenda

Brenda

#5267661 Report Abuse
    Keggy
    Keggy
    Participant

Good Morning all

Beautiful cool morning.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions about Mom.  Steep I have tried all of those converstations but Mom just says I am NOT going to sit with those old people and do crafts.   It is a great program with lots of social outings and companionship but she refuses to even visit.   My sister and I are meeting with a social worker today to discuss options if  it comes to the situation where I can’t take care of her by myself.

Going to the Reds ball game tonight.  I have ever been to the Reds Great American Ball Park. So I’m excited.

Red, glad to see you are alive and kicking.

Take care all

#5267697 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning Dave,what is red? a nice 61-85* today with a breeze. Keggy-enjoy the ball game tonight. Fred-hope things work out. well, Hello Stewart,long time no hear from you,tell us what you’ve been up to? say hello to Wendy and Graham. been for a nice walk, now to tidy up, every one have a nice day, Mary in sunny Ky 10.35am

#5267699 Report Abuse
    KBratnTex
    KBratnTex
    Participant

Good morning. Supposed to be over 100º by Sun. Yep, July is here and August is usually worse. UGH
    Stewart, goo to see you and glad things are going well.
    Marcia, arms are finally, finally doing good. Even mowing didn’t get them stirred up! Yeah! I know it’s a lot of work and a lot on your mind, but planning a wedding is still fun. However, the long distance thing would certainly make more challenges.
    Keggy, I took care of my mom. Tried having someone come in, but after a very few days, she called me at work to tell me she had fired her. It’s a “hard row to hoe”.
    Brenda, I was so happy the boys did some weed eating while they were here. I still have the front to do, though. I sure understand being so pooped you have to rest before you have energy for a shower. ;) How is the ankle?
    Sherry, glad it’s cooled off for you. I know you probably aren’t too excited about more rain.
    Red, where are you in Texas? I’m between Dallas and Wichita Falls.
    Dave, glad your trip went well.
    Tigsy, I think you are right. Now if I could figure out a Thanksgiving stir fry, life would sure be easier! LOL
    Robee, how is the curb coming? I bet they showed back up to work as soon as you got home. ;) Usually, happens that way around here.
    Mary, your 80º would feel like a norther here right now! LOL
    Fred, you’re always so busy it makes my head swim. :)
    Alberta, hope you enjoyed your visit with the girls.
    My list for the day is long. I’d better get at it.
    Have a great day, ALL! KB

http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/cgi-bin/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=wu_bluestripes&airportcode=K0F2&ForcedCity=Bellevue&ForcedState=TX&zip=76228&language=EN

#5267717 Report Abuse
    davehhhj
    davehhhj
    Participant

mary
    red from texas
    kb was sanangelo texas
    dave

dave

#5267727 Report Abuse
    h2ogrdn
    h2ogrdn
    Participant

Looks like we are headed back into summer after a cool couple days and mornings.  Mid-70′s today and 90 by Sunday.  Storm seemed to help slow down forest fires west and north of here so visibility is now good.

Have raspberries on a tray in the freezer, gave some to my SiL yesterday for her birthday, and picked about 3 pints more this morning to take to the lake.  Have cherries ready to put in bags for the freezer.  Meeting went well with the lawyer and looks like most of Mom’s assets go directly to him but probably need to set up the trust for $8000 give or take.  At least Dad will feel more secure financially even though he would have add access to the trust funds if needed.

Have a list of things to do including a trip to town before going to the lake.  I really need to get hustling so I can get Dad up there by 6 vs my usual 9 or 10 or …  Take care,

Fred in Western Montana

#5267787 Report Abuse

Tigsy
    Participant

Good afternoon, all. A bit drizzly here today, no real rain, just annoyance! Cool, tho — we went for a walk late morning and wore jackets. Being very retired today! He just went over to his office to check for mail. Then we plan to start sorting through boxes of “stuff” and hopefully pitch the stuff we don’t need.

Fred, I envy your picking pints of raspberries. While my DSis was here, we went to a You-Pick place run by a gal I know from church. She warned us there weren’t too many berries ripe, and she was right. We picked 2 scant pints of berries, many of which were “tomorrow’s berries” — not 100% ripe. When we went back to the shed where we’d pay, we met a young mom and her 4-y-o DD. We warned them there were very few berries left (she was putting 8 pint containers in her basket, hoping to fill them). She said she’d driven all the way out from Chicago just to pick berries. My sister and I felt bad for them, then immediately had the same idea — we gave her one of our pints so they’d at least have that. There were unripe berries the little girl could probably pick, tho probably not a whole pint. Anyway, they’d have berries and a brief picking experience.     I’d better get back to sorting papers and junk. Just thought I’d check in briefly. Have a good day, all.

#5267935 Report Abuse
    Keggy
    Keggy
    Participant

Good Morning all

Looks like we are going to get some rain this morning.   I am supposed to help friends fix lunch for their Remote Control Boat Club race today but will have to wait and see if this rain develops.

Fun night at the ballpark last night but the Reds lost again.  They had a great fireworks show and concert by the Cincinnati Pops after the game.

The social worker that we were supposed to meet with yesterday had to cancel because of a sick child but my sister came any way to visit with Mom.   In will try to meet with her next month.

I am going to SanDiego the first week of August with grandaughters and DIL And her mother.  Looking forward to it.  I have a lady that will.  come stay with Mom for 3 days and the my sister will come the end of the week.

Fred, Hope you have a good time at the lake.

Hoping to get the grass cut later today will have to see what weather brings.

Have a nice weekend

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.