The Chatterbox~~Wednesday, August 13th, 2014~~Drop in to chat about the day~

Home Forums Backyard Chat General The Chatterbox~~Wednesday, August 13th, 2014~~Drop in to chat about the day~

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by CatsBirds CatsBirds 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Hello to all!  A gloomy morning and hard rain awhile ago, but now I see some blue sky, white clouds and sun trying to come out.  So will see how bright it gets and if we get more showers,too.  That is forecast I believe.   It is 68 outside now on my thermometer and may stay at that all day.  It is suppose to be cooler than that the TV said last night.  Our house is warm and stuffy I know, so I have the sun room opened up a bit for fresh air come into dining room.  And, bedroom windows are opened day/night until Fall.

Hi to MaryinKy, MargeinMi, Octgal, Mmarnee, CatsBirds, Missylynne, Hopscotch, JC, SHinson, Resa and any others I missed.  Stop by and visit today.  Octgal, how was your trip to NY and your reunion?  SHinson, are you feeling better now?  JC, hope you are doing alright.  Hopscotch, are you busy with your veg. garden now and is it producing good?

Not sure what I will do today but I have a hair appointment, though am not sure I need much of a trim.  I will talk to her and may not even have it done this week.  She cut it a bit too short after the perm this time.  She must’ve been thinking of someone else when she did the back.  So I want that part to grow out now and not be trimmed.

Had my breakfast of bagel and peanut butter and now I am ready for a coffee refill.  I have been sitting watching the birds feed since I filled the feeder earlier.  I saw a red breasted nuthatch this morning and many finches and pretty house finch.  The jays and doves are feeding as well as cardinals and I think a family of them are around here.  Had a couple of red squirrels in the trees this morning.

I woke up between 5 and 6 am and heard DH leave for cardiac class and the paper lady before that.  The dog barks if he hears her come.  But I opted to stay in bed for  awhile and snooze as it was so dark out anyway and then a downpour, too.

Off to get moving around and have my coffee refill.  I have ground beef thawed to make something with today.

Back later on.

#5273306 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Good morning Posy….. beautiful but chilly morning here. I got the feeders filled, fed the swans, and pulled some weeds in the flower bed.

I have a dentist appt. here at noon, so I will get my few groceries before I go.

I kept hearing the seed fall into the pan I keep under the feeder… so I got up and looked and now we have two red squirrels. 3 fox now too… oh boy, I guess the live traps will be coming out and these guys will be finding new homes. 

I love watching them but I can’t have them in my feeders. I love the birds more..lolol

Going to fix BLT’s when I get home. Something quick, and with a tomato off our plant they will be even yummier…lol

Well got to get going… Have a good day everyone… enjoy.

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5273313 Report Abuse

octgal-pa
    Participant

Good Morning Posy, Sharon and all others,

I’m  in CNY but getting ready to head to PA.  My time with friends at the reunion was wonderful.  Very tiring but a good feeling.  I came back to DS and family for two days to recoup.  The friend and her husband that I stayed with are my oldest friends.  Her and I started 1st grade together and were in each others weddings.

It rained here yesterday and hope PA got it too.  It’s been very dry in our area.

I have to get home as my DD is having knee replacement on Monday and will be staying with me as well as her S/O and the dog!  Glad to help!

Everyone take care!

#5273325 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Octgal, you are such a good person helping others out.  Glad your trip was a fun one and safe trip on your way back home, too!

#5273329 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good afternoon, Posy,it is nice to sit and watch the birds,daughter Jayne cut my hair when i visited her last saturday,should last a few months.never seen a red squirrel but did see albinos at the science mueseum here in town.I had ground angus browned with onion,gravy and mixed veggies for lunch! Sharon-watch out you naughty squirrels! Octgal- fun to see old friends, time before this year that i saw my school friend that lived across the road from me was 1990!so we had a good time chatting this time.time for a rest and read, everyone have a nice day, Mary in KY.12.14pm

#5273340 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Good morning Posy, Sharon, Octgal, Mary and all that follows. We started out at 62° and it was also really gloomy here; looks like it rained overnight and it’s still overcast and not much daylight. Our forecast is for cooler weather with an ongoing chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. Daytime highs are expected to be in the mid 70s.

Posy, I enjoy sitting on the patio with my morning coffee while watching the birds. It was a little chilly this morning and much darker than usual, almost eerie and for some reason I didn’t see a lot of the birds I normally see. There were only a couple Hummingbirds and a couple sparrows; normally in cooler weather there are all kinds of birds.

Octgal, I’m glad you had a good time with your friends. It’s really nice that you will be able to help your DD.

Have a great day everyone.

#5273355 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Well back from the dentist… I have two soft cavities… they are old fillings that need replaced with the new stuff.  So in a couple of weeks they are doing them.

Got groceries before I went so that is done for the week.  They had fruit on sale.. so now we have tons..lolol…

And they had Del Monte canned fruit on sale, so I stocked up on that.  Anytime fruit is on I buy it. 

Hubby had the bacon started when I got home, so with tomato off our plant, and toast, and mayo and lettuce, we had great BLT’S…

Well got to rearrange the pantry now to get the canned goods in…

Have a good rest of the day , enjoy..

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.