The Chatterbox++Tuesday, March 4th++Stop to visit today..

Home Forums Backyard Chat General The Chatterbox++Tuesday, March 4th++Stop to visit today..

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Posynut_NY_zone4 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Greetings this clear morning!  We have sun and 2 degrees above zero now.  It will be somewhere in the teens today and could have snow flurries later in the afternoon.  Not sure our area will get any flurries but north of us could.  It is not windy, which is a help.

Hi to MaryinKy, MaryinMi, Octgal, Snowowls, Mmarnee, Laurel, JC, Hiker, Hopscotch, CatsBirds, Hostalover, GMZ, Nan, SHinson, and anyone else I missed.  Just drop by and chat about anything on your mind.  I think maybe it will warm up a tad more the few days ahead this week.  At least it is bright today.

DH had to go pick up the girl that takes care of my oldest DS as something happened to her car as she backed it out in front of her apt. this morning.  So she called him and he called to see if DH could give her a ride to his apt.  She lives in an apt. complex on the county road behind us not to far up the road.   I don’t know how she will get back to her house, if she will get a ride or if we will have to go get her.  I thought maybe she’d switch with the other girl but didn’t happen.  So now maybe for the night time shift she will be able to.  He really needs to find a 3rd person for backup, but nobody here in town on the listing he has….they live out of town at the moment.  The other girl lives on the same street he does and can walk the short distance if her car didn’t work.  Not sure how long she is going to live there or if she is looking for another place.

Going to reheat my coffee and get dressed and moving around here.  DH has gone for his coffee time at Burger King and I need to get some things done while he is gone there.

So, back later on to see who has stopped in.

#5107535 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning Posy,  doesn’t the sun make us feel better rather than a gloom dark day? this winter does affect some cars, it’s sunny 15-34* today, the little bit of snow i missed yesterday is now ice! i see all the PNB has been eaten,the birds are ready when i put the food out these cold mornings. hello to others, have a nice warm day, Mary in Ky 9.39am

#5107537 Report Abuse
    Resa_NS
    Resa_NS
    Participant

Good morning,

A bright sunny but cool morning here, around 25*

had an uneventful night, :)

dinner with my friend was fun, she is truly a positive Person, But she was tired she was at the hospital all night with another friend who has brain cancer, she is about the only one that can keep her calm. Bill was a bit confused after she left, but he would be anyway:( I wish I could somehow see the people he sees around him. he has many more friends visiting than I do!!:)

Hope everyone has a great day,

#5107751 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Just stopping back in.  I managed to get a few things done.  I vacuumed and scrubbed the bathroom floor.  I vacuumed the stair carpeting down the cellar stairs; it sure looks better!

Haven’t done much since lunch except fiddle with the TV as it wasn’t working right.  I couldn’t get the caption to go off the screen for some reason but think I finally did.  Normally never have any trouble removing it before so don’t know what was wrong.  If it doesn’t work I will call cable co. and let them walk me through it.   I’m sure it is some little quirk that isn’t being done or working right.

My DS called and he will stop by after work he said.  DH had someone here for taxes at 1 PM.

Guess we will order pizza for supper or get something from Subway.  Last night homemade chicken soup and tomorrow will be breaded haddock.

It is in 20′s here today and the sun has disappeared for the day it looks like.  Birds are feeding but I need to put some fresh seed out in the tray feeder again.

Hope everyone is having a good day.  Glad to see you here Resa and glad your supper was good with your guest present.  She sounds like a calming person; that is an asset for sure.

#5107946 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Well guess I’ll try this again; I lost my first post. It wasn’t the site it was something I did.

Good afternoon Posy, Mary, Resa  and all that follow. Its 62° with some sun breaks or filtered sunshine. We expect some spotty showers popping up from time to time today with steady rain moving in tonight.

Posy, I hope your DS can find another backup; it can’t be easy with your winter weather having to drive any distance.

Mary, I have to agree with you the sunshine does make one feel better.

Resa, glad you had a good dinner with  your friend; its nice to have positive friends.

I wish they would have our time zone in the post; its only 2:42 p.m. here; I liked it when the post showed the time a person actually posted.

Have a great day everyone.

#5107963 Report Abuse
    MaryinMi
    MaryinMi
    Participant

He everyone, Just read all of your posts. This is such a nice thread Posy.

Insurance adjuster was here this morning.  Grand daughter Molly came too  because I have a hearing problem and two sets of ears are better than one set that isn’t good. LOL

We should hear back from him in a week. Sure hope it all gets taken care of in april.

The adjuster is from Lousiana as the insurance company had to call him in to help with the huge load of claims. He said, ”there sure is alot of snow out there” as he had been outside taking pictures as well as inside.  Part of the ceiling and a section of wall will have to be removed and replastered.The floor is ok. thank goodness I discovered  the leaks before it did damage there too. I would just hate to go through sanding of the floor! OMG.

MtnBabe is back in Estes Park again this evening. so she will only have her Kindle there.

#5108120 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

We had pizza for our supper.  I have been leafing through some catalogs and will finish a Country magazine I started.  Watched the Big Bang Theory on TV.

It is warmer tonight and I have sneezed several times so it is damp out I guess.  But it is one of those nights that I can’t seem to get warm and I just put the jammies and robe on.  DH said this afternoon he felt so cold he couldn’t warm up either.  So must be thawing just enough to cause the damp air.  Feels sort of like sinus weather.

Mary, glad the insurance adjustor showed up and now maybe things will move along.  And, glad the floor is okay, too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.