THE CHATTERBOX++Thursday, June 19th ++Welcome to stop to visit++

Home Forums Backyard Chat General THE CHATTERBOX++Thursday, June 19th ++Welcome to stop to visit++

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Posynut_NY_zone4 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Hello today!  We are dark and wet here this morning so had rain overnight and into early this morning.  It is 68 here now and going into mid 70′s and clearing sky later.  So should be a good day to get things done a bit later outside.  The rain soaked the ground good so easier digging for planting/weeding for what I am working on.  The peonies are all flopped over so they will need to be trimmed off when it dries off in a few days.

Hi to MaryinKy, Margein Mi, CatsBirds, Octgal, Mmarnee, Laurel, SHinson, Hopscotch, JC, Resa and any others I forgot.  Hope you all have a good day and your gardens of any kind are doing good.  Strawberry season here, but I haven’t been anywhere to see who has a stand of them for sale.  Not as many grow strawberries here that used to, so they are scarce sometimes.

Farmer’s Market opens for the season here today.  Going to be next door to large grocery store and some vendors coming in for it, but not too many according to the paper.  The grocery store employees are helping out there, too.  I bet they like that added onto their jobs there.  I know the owner and how awful he treats employees so I am sure he has just added to their woes one more time.  It is a new location for the market, easier seen from passing highway, and also community gardens just started in that same area.  The manager for the day market is a retired teacher.  It is open 6 hours on Thursdays.  Prices at these markets are always high around here.

Guess I will get moving around here and get something done.  I need to go to store to get a few items, too.

Back later on.

#5155259 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Morning Posy, and all who follow.

Well I just got my exercise for the day.  With the high winds last night it blew the neighbors gate open to their fenced in yard.  They have a small dog so the reason for the fence. Well a whole family of geese had decided to get in the yard. My goodness 9 babies.. about half grown… here I was herding them towards the gate, but Big Daddy swan was on the other side…so Mama goose wouldn’t take the young ones out.. I tried for half an hour.. finally I opened the back gate, herded Mama and the babies out the back side where Big Daddy swan couldn’t see them.  Wow he sure gets testy when he has little ones..

Now he is out in our yard chasing the other family around… big bully…

So much for my start for the day…lol

Trying to find another insurance company that will take us until the farm is gone. My goodness the red tape you have to go through.

Going to do BLT’s for lunch… just sound good… and easy too

I have to get my van over to get it looked at since the air quit… always something..

Well have a good day everyone…. enjoy.

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5155279 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning Posy, you have rain and we have HOT sun! a little lower today 90*. market prices are usually higher but they do taste better than the stores.  Sharon-you had your fun for the day with the 9 babies etc! been to the gym and then stopped at Krogers to get my $1 mega ticket,then watered the outside plants,try to do every other day. blower man is cleaning the sidewalks,patios and hallways now, wish the leaves would stop falling off the birch/beech tree,raked some yesterday, have a nice cool day everyone, Mary in KY 1055,time for lunch.

#5155307 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Good morning Posy, Sharon, Mary and all that follow. It’s a lovely morning here 65° with blue skies, sunshine and just a little breeze. Daytime highs are expected to be from 78° to 80°.

Sharon,  I must have missed something why are you looking for a new insurance company for the farm?

Mary, yesterday you said your hummer liquid faded; I only use sugar and water so the nectar never  has any color and the hummers find it without any problems.

Guess I had best get busy, need to start some laundry.

Have

#5155314 Report Abuse

octgal-pa
    Participant

Hi to Everyone,

It’s 70º cloudy with showers.  Thought I’d go out and do some weeding but that’s not going to happen.  We need rain but these showers aren’t going to give us the rain we need.

I’ve been having some ‘puter problems and sometimes it would work and other times it wouldn’t so I had a man come over and it turned out to be the modem.  Not sure what the problem was but it works and that’s all I am concerned about.  He charged me $63 which I thought was r4easonable.

Sharon you sure have had a full plate.  It seems like it’s been ongoing with you.  Hope you can get the ins. for the farm.

Posy – I want to get some strawberries but a couple of the farms aren’t growing them any longer and the place I liked is now so busy that they had to shut down for a day because the berries were all picked!

Well I may head for the store.  Don’t know what to get but I just don’t eat much and nothing looks good to me.  My frig is almost bare so I have to get something!

#5155344 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Marnee, we got a letter yesterday that they are canceling insurance on the farm.  Not nice..you pay all those years and then they drop you when you have a claim.  I wonder if they do that to the tornado victims or hurricane victims?  Or people who hit a deer…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5155469 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Well, I told you I got canceled once on car ins. because I wanted new parts not used or after market on my Pontiac station wagon.  So guess they don’t want person to request the same kind of replacement parts when needed on vehicle.  Only claim I ever had…but they had all my premiums I paid, though and that was okay.  When you have a claim and they have to pay they no longer want you.  Just a rip off…………………….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.