THE CHATTERBOX++Saturday, March 8th++Welcome to stop to visit++

Home Forums Backyard Chat General THE CHATTERBOX++Saturday, March 8th++Welcome to stop to visit++

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Posynut_NY_zone4 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Good morning!  A cloudy, overcast sky here and 28 degrees headed for low to mid 30′s.  Looks like it is going to snow or rain anytime here.

Hi to MaryinKy, MaryinMi, Snowowls, Octgal, Mmarnee, Missylynne, JC, Hostalover, Hopscotch, Hiker, Nan, CatsBirds, SHinson, Resa, and any others I overlooked.  Drop by to chat about today and anything on your mind.

I was watching the birds from the diningroom table this morning and the jays grabbed the peanuts from yesterday at the feeder, cardinals stopped, and mourning doves were on the ground feeding along with a starling that was at suet and then ground feeding.  Juncos around, too.  A large woodpecker was at the other suet feeder eating.  So an abundance of birds feeding this morning.  I am sure they anticipate some stormy weather and usually know better or ahead of us what is in the sky to fall.

Lots of melting yesterday from the sun and in the 40′s so now we have green grass patches in many places in the yard.

Need to get myself around now before the guy comes for the car so back later on sometime.

Hope you stay dry and warm wherever you are today.

#5110306 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Morning Posy, and all who follow….

Posy, its snowing here… lolol.. we had the most beautiful day yesterday. I stayed out as much as I could.  Filled every feeder I had, filled up the buckets in the boat shed with new seed, took a walk, took pics… just wanted to be outside.  It got to 41 here, was so nice… now this morning its snowing and kind of foggy out.

But on Monday we are to get in the 50′s, then maybe another snowstorm on Wednesday…but that one shouldnt stay long as the temps are going back up after that again.

No idea what is on my agenda for today.  I do have a load of towels to fold… oh and I have a paper to find to finish the taxes… yuck.  We are trying to get the most back this year since the insurance company still won’t settle for our personnel loss on the farm. 

Birds are busy right now… we have one jay sitting out here just squawking… and the peanuts are already out..lolol.  We have two hawks making daily visits too.. A Coopers and a Sharp Shinned… the have scared the crap out of me flying between the window and the tree… maybe only a foot from the window… but those little birds are fast too…lolol

Well have a good morning, I will drop in later to see what is going on…enjoy

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5110537 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Just back for a minute.  DS stopped and chatted for a bit and I just finished lunch.  Not doing much but reading the papers and looking through some flower catalogs I received last week.  Lily bulbs on sale for summer blooming and the Stargazer is one I really like and so do the deer or something that manages to eat the buds off in the front flowerbed the last couple of years.  May get some to put in another location where they won’t get eaten inside fenced area.

It was sunny for a while, but has since clouded up and looks like rain or something.  It is 40 degrees on one thermometer here.

Guess I better get my spare ribs out of freezer and will have those and stuffing baked in the oven for tonight’s meal.

I see our cable bill is increasing by 6 % next month.  No surprise I guess.

#5110574 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Good morning Posy, Sharon and all that follow, it’s another day with cloudy gray skies with temps around 47°. Our forecast is for  morning showers, steady rain this afternoon and wet and breezy weather this evening.  I’m so very thankful for yesterday’s sunshine; we can go days without seeing the sun.

I got sidetracked this morning watching a Channel Island Allen hummingbird web cam in Orange County, California. The hummingbird is building her nest.

I got up early this morning and it’s getting close to 10:30 a.m. and time for another cup of coffee.

Guess I’ll set my clocks ahead tonight for the time change. ‘Spring ahead’ I just wish we didn’t have to keep changing the time. I think Arizona has the right idea and does not observe Daylight Saving Time.

Have a great day everyone.

#5110580 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Well its still snowing here… hasn’t let up all day…but its right at 32 degrees so its not sticking, only to the snow that is already here.

Just made us cheddar brats, fresh fruit and the last of the pumpkin pie for lunch.

When hubby goes to work I will run the sweeper and do another load of laundry…

Sorry about all your rain Marnee, I could send you some snow…..:)

Have a good rest of the afternoon…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5110633 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Hello, it is so nice 57* just have to go out for a walk and get fresh air! I filled the feeder thursday afternoon and it was empty when came home today the doves were all eating some food on the ground. Posy-you got green grass! enjoy to day everybody, Mary in KY

#5110640 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Mary, not a real green, the dull green kind frozen with brown dirt mixed in and around it, so not attractive at all.

Glad you got home safely and all went well with your daughter.

It is gloomy and getting colder here.  I did replenish the tray feeder and checked  one in the front on the way to the mailbox.  That nuthatch I found dead in the seed in the feeder may have somehow fallen through one of the large feeding openings near the perch of the feeder I noticed when I was looking at that feeder.  All else is secure on the windows on the feeder so he may have fallen in there and then couldn’t figure out  how to get back out.  Or, maybe he got stuck in the feeder opening and eventually ended up inside the feeder.  Still a mystery how it happened.

#5110763 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

well, now we’re getting a cold rain–hope it cleans things up though.  Hope we don’t get any SNOW–I’ll cry if we do.

#5110823 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Don’t like the dirty looking lawns, roads and along the roadside when the snow melts and is gone.  At least the snow is white and clean looking, but much of it now is brown/black from the dirt, plows, etc.   And, the blacktop road and driveways makes it look all the dirtier to me.  At least cement is clean looking.  If it rains it will clean some of it up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.