The Chatterbox! Wednesday, July 16th~~Stop in to chat a bit~~

Home Forums Backyard Chat General The Chatterbox! Wednesday, July 16th~~Stop in to chat a bit~~

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Posynut_NY_zone4 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Good morning!  We have sunny morning, blue sky, white puffy clouds and 58 degrees headed for the high of 68 today.  We may have showers in afternoon.  Just fed the birds and have had my toast and coffee, too.  I was up at 7 AM and watched some weather TV and storms happening in many places and straight line wind damage that occurred first part of week was being shown with large trees uprooted onto houses.  Severe flooding in some parts of NYState shown, too, mostly in downstate near the cities.

Not sure what I am doing today.  DH has appointment with the cardiologist this morning.  He has been on some new med and seems to be working for him so I hope that will do the trick without any other further troubles.  Tomorrow it is out of town for appointment with the audiologist for his new hearing aides.

So going to get myself around.  Going to make something either brownies or apple crisp I think as long as it is a cooler day.

Back a bit later to see who has dropped in for a chat.

#5264608 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Good morning Posy and all that follows. It’s 62° with blue skies and sunshine this morning. Our weather is supposed to be slightly cooler today with temps in the upper 80s and lower 90s.

I woke up before 6 am again this morning. It’s always so nice this time of the year with early daylight and late sunsets.

My nephew is in town and my sister and I are planning on meeting him sometime this morning then later today another of my sisters is coming to town and we are all going to go out for dinner.

I’m going to go have my morning coffee on the patio.

Have a great day everyone.

#5264636 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning Posy, a nice 59-78* today, I have hearing loss in my right ear and paid a lot for a hearing aid, while visiting a relative he gave me his Dads one,got it from Radio Shack called stereo amplified listener and only cost a third of what i paid and it is so much better too! I use it when the television is on,have a neighbour upstairs so the television is quieter now. woke up 5.20am so decided to change the bed sheets,made a cup of tea and went back to bed and read. Mmarnee-enjoy dinner together with family. young people moved out of second floor on other side, hope we get some quieter ones.have a nice day everyone, Mary in Ky 12.02pm

#5264773 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Just stopping in for a minute.  Busy today as went to cardiologist with DH at 10:30 AM.  We weren’t there long as the nurse saw DH (she used to be in charge of the cardiac program he attends), but now is with the cardio office that moved into 3rd floor of hospital.  Then the nurse practitioner saw him as the cardiologist was doing a surgical procedure.  He is doing good on new med. given him and stress test was explained to him and she said they pretty much know what they needed to from stress test and are treating him accordingly with meds.  So far he has done well with them and they are helping him and he no longer has the symptoms he went in to see about a couple of weeks ago.

So we came home and then he went on some errands and home and then I went to get a few things.  He was going to mow lawn on the tractor, but the rain took care of that.  It downpoured just as I came out of store and was loading up the back end of my car.

So I never did stop and see about some new frames for glasses I want to get.

It is a go here that they have made a decision where they are going to have main entrance of Walmart in the future and apparently bought the plaza where the entrance road will be.  That is the place where the optician’s office is so I want to get new frames while he is still there.  Of course, no date when any work will be started as there are still a lot of preliminary forms, discussions, etc., before any dates are firmed up.  That entrance will be something else because it is next door to McDonald’s where there is drive in, too.  I guess McDonald’s would not sell.  I have a feeling when the small plaza goes the optician will close up and retire.  His wife works at school and she may be ready to retire then, too.   Or maybe he will work for someone else.

Been about 68 degrees here today.  I was at Tractor Supply today and no sales on birdseed only BOSS.  And, I can’t use 40# bag; too big to haul and too big for my storage metal cans, so I usually buy the 20# and that wasn’t on sale.  I did get safflower seed and have enough of the other seed for now.  Met a lady in there from Pennsylvania buying birdseed to toss on the ground for her birds and chippies, squirrels.  She just had a 400 lb. bear and 2 cubs in her yard at 9 am this morning and tore her 2  feeders down.  This is the 3rd time bears have been in her yard this year.  She thinks the coyotes are chasing the bears out of the woods and many are in their town there looking for food.  They take their feeders down at night and put them out in morning….but bears are usually around much earlier than 9 AM before she has feeders out.  It is about 35 miles south of us where she lives and many people from here used to drive there that worked for TV cable co. including my DH.

Guess I will read the paper now and browse the board a bit.

Not many stopped here today….must be a busy day for many.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.