The best baked corn

Home Forums Backyard Chat Food The best baked corn

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Wendy Wendy 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I dont remember if I had this in our recipes on the other boards before we changed, but it is so easy and just the best..

1 can creamed corn

1 can whole corn, not drained

1tblsp butter

8oz sour cream

1 Box Jiffy cornbread mix

Mix all together, bake 350 degrees for one hour…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5100444 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

Sounds good to me, Sharon.

I will try this sometime…but I’d be the only one that ate it, probably. My DH doesn’t like scalloped or baked corn….though I do.

#5101101 Report Abuse

RedRobin_mi
    Participant

I’ve ate it and love it.

What size pan do you use to bake it in?

#5101210 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

DD is requested to make your same recipe, Sharon, for many family dinners and potluck suppers.

She also (depending on the group) has added finely minced or chopped jalapeno peppers and most like that aslo.

RedRobin, she makes hers in a 9X13 baking dish.

#5103364 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Sounds great!  Love baked corn!  Will try it! I saw Carla Hall do a very simple recipe, sort of similar to yours (Carla Hall of the show, The Chew).  She just opened a can of creamed corn, a can of sweetened condensed milk, stirred tog, & voila!  I dont like canned creamed corn, however!  I like most reg canned corn, though.

#5105276 Report Abuse
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

This sounds like a good recipe…  I am going to have to improvise with my frozen blanched corn and maybe some evaporated milk.

Hmmmm!  Good recipe for tomorrows Perch Dinner.

#5107617 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

I made this last night.  Very good!

Community Team Member

#5107624 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I baked mine in a 3 qt round baking dish… half the time with the lid on , the other with it off…

And milk makes it very runny… you have to use the sour cream… I too like onions in it… all depends on who is coming for dinner…lol

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5109114 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

I would want to add onions to it or red sweet pepper, and maybe both!  Am not sure they would eat it here as they are finicky sometimes.  It might make too much for us, especially if they didn’t like it!  I would like it as I like corn and sour cream.  I don’t tell them when I use sour cream and they don’t even know it is in a dish or baking when I use it!  They wouldn’t eat it if they knew it was included in a recipe.

#5109271 Report Abuse
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

This sounds yummy!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.