TGIF on the VIP- July 25

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat TGIF on the VIP- July 25

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by plantdoctorzn4 plantdoctorzn4 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

The rain is gone, it is going to be a nice day for us. The temps will be lower so that is a good thing. I will work on the parsonage today, they are getting ready to lay the new floors, they finished the sub floors yesterday. Then the new kitchen will be installed so we are finally seeing some real progress. This evening I am going to work on setting up an auction for tomorrow that will hopefully help pay for some of the expenses. This will be a frozen food auction so I already have my “wish list” made out. I hope the nice weather will hold for tomorrow too. I so badly need more time at home to get things caught up here but it doesn’t look like that will happen any time soon. If I was twins I still couldn’t get caught up before I leave for vacation on the 2nd. But it is what it is so I will have to do the best I can and leave the rest for later. I hope every one has a beautiful day.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5267635 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

TGIF! I had training yesterday and it was very informative and I’m glad to know that I’m saying and doing the right things to the tenants. We have to follow guide lines from the USDA and the state. On a sad note one of my tenants passed away Wednesday and visiting hours are today. She was a very kind sweet old lady so I thought I’d go and pay my respects.

I had a family of raccoon last night under my tree. When I yelled to scare them away they all snarled at me. Luckily I was in the house. I hope they went away I have had enough cridders for awhile.

Have a good day and prayers for those who need them.

Sandy M.

#5267658 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Good morning Molly and Sandy and all who visit later.  We are cooler and getting a very welcome rain here this morning.  It is coming down slowly and soaking it….perfect!  I think it is supposed to rain most of the morning.  I will have to drive to work because the smartest woman in the world forgot her umbrella at Julie’s….lol.

Friday is odds and ends day in the shop….and I know I should take some time to clean it up a bit.  It is always nice to come to work on Monday to a tidy shop.

Molly….guess I’ve never heard of a frozen food auction?  Can you explain.

Sandy…nice of you to go to your tenant’s visitation.  Be careful with those raccoons….the mommy can get very mean protecting her babies.

Have a great day everyone.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5267671 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Good morning. I thought I would stop in and say hi since I am on break right now. Yesterday was a beautiful 71 degrees. Today will be a rotten 90 degrees
    Charlene we got a few sprinkles yesterday I wish we would get some rain we really need it . No plans tonight except to stop over and water all the plants they are probably crying for water right now.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5267672 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

Good Morning, Everyone!

Praying for you, Charlene…and all on this board!

I will go get my little granddaughter, Amelia later, and have her all day..she is so much fun. We will play with puzzles, read books, and go outside, then play with balloons.(and toy kitties, and duckies and all kinds of things!) Sounds fun, huh???

Good News!!! Well, first some not so good news. A week ago yesterday I had a second epidural. The first one was bad, but this one was brutal. With one needle the doctor injected the L5 vertebrae, and then pushed it up into L4 (where the injury was) I thought I would scream…and was shaking ans teary when it was over….and the worse part is….it didn’t do much.

The good news is…The lady who owned the house I bought nearly 3 years ago came to visit the neighbors and came over to look at my flowers and chat awhile. She told me about the Chiropractor that she went to when she lived here, and though I had heard of him, I had not seen him myself. Well, long story short…even though I had been seeing another Chiropractor for a very long time, he just wan’t working out (he wanted me to jog on the treadmill, and I am not about to start jogging now…at 57…plus some other issues.) Well, I went to the new one yesterday…and am amazed! He did such a great job (I was in tears because this has been a rough road since November, and I felt he was my last hope) I felt better immediately. I knew that I was all out of alignment because I get one leg shorter than the other, etc. He said he would be able to get the vertebrae back where it belongs…and he said he prays that God would help him to do what his clients need. I am so relieved because when I had the nerve block, the doctor suggested surgery which was the next step if it didn’t work. If it costs thousands of dollars for 2 nerve blocks, can you imagine the cost of back surgery? Our insurance doesn’t cover but about 80% or less.

Anyway, I feel happy today and am going to play today like a little child. :)

#5267689 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

Good morning!  It is sunny here and ought to be in the upper 70′s, or may even hit 80 today.  The weekend may heat up and bring “scattered” rain for us.  We could definitely use it.

Yesterday was full and quite exhausting.  I’m not used to doing so much these days.  I drove out to DSis#4′s house, then we went and picked up DM to go to the hospital while my niece had her surgeries (they counted as two according to the doctor). The doctor was able to peel some of the ovarian cyst away and get a tissue sample for the biopsy, but wasn’t able to totally remove the cycst wall.  She still felt good about getting in and seeing what was going on as opposed to just seeing it on an ultrasound.  By the time she was done with that, the cyst had shrunk down to almost the size of the other ovary.  She doesn’t expect bad news from that biopsy.  She also worked on DN’s cervix issue.  That is a matter of wait and see on the biopsy.  It was a very stressful day, but the baby lightened the mood as only a baby can.  I think he was there about 5 hours and he only fussed a short time while his Grammy was rocking him to sleep.  Otherwise, he was a total charmer.  I think I got home after 5:30, then DH and I had to get ready for a funeral home visit and prayer service for the father of one of our friends.  After that, we drove to the ice cream shop where one of my other DN’s works and got a little dessert.  While in that town, I somehow talked DH into driving me around one of the local cemeteries where my great grandparents are buried.  It was almost dusk and it is a shady cemetery to begin with, so I never found them.  I will go back, though, since I am now armed with the exact location of their plots.  I didn’t think to take that with me when we left.  By the time we got in and were able to relax, it was time for Big Brother.  I was so pooped when I fell into bed that I slept through until after 5:00 before I even stirred.  That usually doesn’t happen for me.  I can’t decide if I want to go back to the cemetery today, or sit around here trying to straighten out my family tree mess I made.  I do still have to finish my latest book on the Kindle, too.  Hmmm …   I will go out and pick more beans; I do know that.

I’m glad your parsonage work is coming to an end, Molly.  Good luck on that frozen food auction.  I am curious about that myself.

Sandy, it is a very thoughtful thing you will do by going to the visitation for that former tenant.  It will mean a lot to the family, I am sure.

I guess having to drive to work because of the rain is a good thing, Charlene.  We could use a rain like the one you are getting.  I hate it when I leave something far away and it changes the way I have to do things.  Maybe you and Julie will be able to use the missing umbrella as an excuse to get together again, even if you meet somewhere half way.

Kathy, what are your thoughts on Big Brother this year?  Mine are constantly changing.

It is wonderful to hear that you found a doctor that can help you feel better, Linda!  It will be even better if he can treat you without the surgery.

I’m sure by now others have posted and I will have missed them.  It is par for the course when I post.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

photo signature_3.gif
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5267729 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

I fired myself from the parsonage, they are laying sub floors throughout so after some touch up painting there was nothing more for me to do for a few days, they will be putting in the new flooring next…soooo I am going to go get gas and mow the hay field that used to be my lawn.
    As for the frozen food auction, there is a company that provides frozen foods to most of the grocery stores in the SE, they bring a truck load of frozen foods to an auction, one of our church members is a certified auctioneer( didn’t know there was certificationes) so he will do the auction tomorrow. We will set up for that tonight. I am going to order steaks, bacon, sausage to take to the beach next week to feed all of the relatives that will be there. They have a lot of frozen seafood also but we will be at the beach where we can get fresh seafood there.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5267737 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Kathy…our rain didn’t last very long…we got about 2/10ths of an inch.  I guess it all went south….Lair is probably getting it.  I hope to give you a call this evening if you have reception.

Linda…hurray!  That new chiropractor sounds like the answer to your prayers.  We have a very good chiropractor here and our medical Dr and her actually send patients to each other depending on the situation.  Have fun with your DGD……sooner than you think she will be all grown up.

Karen…I am praying for good biopsy results for you niece….I bet the baby did add a ray of sunshine to the day.  When DBIL was here this week (he is big into geneology) he told us that Ancestry.com  now has maps of most cemeteries and actual pictures of the headstones.  He doesn’t pay the price to be a member, but their library does, so he does most of his work from there.  They visited numerous cemeteries while here.

Molly…got it….I’ve never heard of anything like that in our area.  I hope you get what you want for the right price.

photo 100_1493.jpg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.