TGIF on the VIP..August 1

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat TGIF on the VIP..August 1

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by growingranny_va_z7 growingranny_va_z7 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

It is quite cloudy outside, maybe too early for the sun to come up? I have a ton of things to do today to get ready to head to the beach tomorrow. I had the truck serviced, so I need to fill the gas tank, I deliver Meals on Wheels this morning too. I had a huge surprise yesterday, I stopped at the parsonage to pick up some things I had there, the contractor gave me a card and said it was “pretty mushy” so don’t open it until I get home. I forgot it was there until later, when I opened it there was a beautiful card and…5
    $100.00 bills! I called his wife and she said it was just a token of his appreciation for all of the help I gave him. WHAT a TOKEN! I didn’t do that for pay, just wanted to help get the work done as quickly as possible but it is so nice to know my work was appreciated. They were laying the new floors yesterday and they are beautiful! Anyone who was ever in that house in prior years would never recognize it now. By the time I get back next Saturday they hope to have all of the floors done, the appliances installed.
    Today is payday for me so I need to get some bills paid and get my day started. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5269673 Report Abuse
    anky37
    anky37
    Participant

Good morning all!! A beautiful day ahead of us.

Molly What A Wonderful Surprise!!!!!! Now you take that money & go have fun next week!! You deserve it!

I didn’t read last night chit chat so I hope all is well with everyone.

I need to get moving.  I have an 8:20 appt with every woman’s favorite doctor (insert sarcasm here). Then I need to hit KMart & maybe Kohl’s for some work capris. Then it’s off to Subway for subs for tonight. What’s tonight you ask? I’m going to Philadelphia to see Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line & Tyler Farr in concert. A bit excited here!! DD & I & Josh’s sis & mom & daughter & niece & SIL. It will be a long day  & long night. The concert starts at 7pm & it’s a 2 1/2 hour drive. We’re leaving about 3pm so we can eat in the parking lot before we go in. Not paying those prices for food.

Prayers for everyone who needs them & the rest of you anyway!! :)

have a good day

photo signature_1.gif

#5269675 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Good morning all. It rained some more over night but it looks like it’s clearing today. My yard has pools of water all over. I don’t think I will be able to mow until sometime next week.
    Molly that was so nice of the contractor to do that. Now you have spending money for your vacation. The parsonages sounds wonderful and hope the new pastor likes it.
    It was a year ago I was getting ready for the Gathering boy did that fly by fast. Wish we would of had one closer this year. Good times and good friends.
    I’m going to ask a favor of you all please pray for my dd today she is going on her road trip to North Carolina she is prepared as best as we can get her. But I worry! But isn’t that what mothers do?
    Have a good day all.

Sandy M.

#5269682 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Good morning all.  Today is going to be a nice summer day and I plan on spending it outside.  The lawn needs to be mowed because of all the rain and I want to give the new Worx trimmer a workout.   I used it yesterday a little just to get used to it.  The line kept getting  broken and would not feed.  They gave me three spools and out of the three, two of them would not unwind.  I called and they are sending me six more at know charge.  I think the third one is working okay but it was too wet to accomplish anything yesterday.

Molly, that is wonderful.  Maybe that would be a good phone number to hang on to so that you can call him if you have any issues with the house.

Sue, enjoy your concert.

Sandy, sending prayers for travelling mercies and a safe trip for dd. I was thinking of the gathering yesterday.  I’d like to take a drive up that way and maybe get some blueberries.

Have a great day all.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5269692 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

Whoo hoo, Molly! You deserve it!

Sandy, praying for your daughter…

Today is yard sale day and Chiropractor day. I don’t usually go to yard sales on Thursday, but yesterday I felt compelled to go. For $5 I got my little granddaughter a Disney princess flip sofa that fold out into a bed. I was going to order her one on-line for $30+ today! My little house is not very big, and I couldn’t fit a bed in the spare room.(I have a sofa bed but am not going to open that every time she is here!) I also got an 8 piece set of dinner ware…very fancy in a beautiful wooden case…with all the serving pieces for $3…yes, 3 little dollars, I could not believe it. Last week I found a cute little purse with a key chain that is a Vera Bradley for 50 cents, and yesterday I found the matching wallet for $1…I certainly would not pay full price for any.

OK…so I am leaving soon, have a great day everyone!

Linda Z

#5269700 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Good morning everyone.  We have 53 again this morning.  It is promised to be another nice day and even a slight chance of rain tonight……that would sure be great.  I have lot of weeds and grass that need pulling, but until we get a rain it is too dry and they just break off rather than pulling.

Today is DB#3 birthday.  I baked a cake for him last night and will just put some money in a card since I forgot to get him anything when we were at Walmart last wee.  I guess it is hard to believe that it is Aug 1st.

Molly….what a nice surprise for you from the contractor!  It tells me that he appreciated all of the hard work you did on the project.  Without you, he would probably be there forever getting it finished.  You buy something for your self with that!

Sue sounds like you have a fun day planned (other than your morning appt…lol)  I have never heard of the people you are going to see in concert, so I assume they must be country music.  Enjoy!

Sandy….I do hope that your DD has a safe trip to NC.  Maybe her guardian angel will be there with her.

Wendy….do enjoy your day at home.  It sounds like you’ve got work to do, but that can be fun if it is something that needs to be done.  Our line must have been ok……in fact, I think DH re wound the 1st one that he just emptied.

Linda….you sure have gotten some great garage sale deals…..good luck today!

Work in my shop for me….have a great day everyone.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5269722 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Good morning!  I’ll have to make it short this morning.  I’m meeting my DD and her boys for an outing to the beach.  It is not that far from where we live.  They also have a nature walk trail, a farm to visit, and other perks.

The only problem is that they do predict rain for late this afternoon.  I hope it does not spoil our plans.

Have a great day!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5269725 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Sandy I am heading to NC tomorrow…Nags Head. Where is your dd going?

#5269726 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Good morning.  54 and sunny.  Worked yesterday so that was about the extent of my day.  Don’t go in until 4 today so am headed outside shortly to see if I can get the side yard at least set up and the pots ready to plant tomorrow.  Once I get the big pots out from under the porch for that area I can reweed on the other side of the walk and get the rest of the area planted with portulacas.  I have plenty of them to plant there.

Stella, hope your tests all come back fine and it isn’t a serious blockage if there is such a thing as not serious.

Sue enjoy you concert tonight.

Linda, sounds like you found some real bargains.

Sandy, hope your DD has a guardian angle traveling with her.

Molly, what a wonderful surprise from the contractor.  It is nice to know what you do is appreciated.  Have a great time on your vacation.

Gayle, sounds like you are having a wonderful time with the GKs.

Charlene, hope you get some much needed rain so those weeds pull easier.  Here they pull no matter the moisture well that is if I get out and pull them.

Wendy, sounds like you have a busy day planned for your day off.

Have a great day.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5269727 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Good morning all!  It is cool and sunny here this morning, but that is about to change this afternoon.  T-storms are forecasted by noon, so I will get out there this morning and get some grass seeded where we had all those blackberry brambles taken out and along the drive where we widened it out.  I guess we will look at getting a small building up there now where we were going to put up a steel carport type thing.  It would be nice to have that to put the vette into for winter storage.  We will see how much that will cost us to do first.

Molly what a nice surprise for you.  Like Charlene said, do buy yourself something nice with it.

Sue, hope all goes well with your appt.  Oh Boy, your going to a really good concert!  I love Florida Georgia Line!  ”Baby I want roll the windows down, and Cruise”…..love that song.  Jason Aldean too!  Wow…lucky you.  My “Big Green Tractor” is one song I like, but I like most of his songs.  You will have a good time at this concert.  I would have my cowgirl hat that lights up on at a concert like this, and a few friends and I would be dancing up a storm right there if it is an outdoor type of concert.  Whenever we find a concert outdoors, that is what the group does.  Get together, bring camp chairs and make a large circle so we can dance in the middle.

Sandy, I hope all goes well with your dd’s trip.  I hope the family at the other end has also been alerted to her coming by herself.  That way you have it covered on both ends.  Kids today do take risks, and of course, us mothers walk the floors praying all goes well.  Been there and done that many years ago…LOL

Wendy, soon the lawn will have to mowed here too.  Good luck with your new weed whacker.  I have not used mine yet.  Those spools can drive one crazy.  Especially when you have to rewind the things.

Linda you got some GOOD deals, but that is the way to shop.  I too find neat things at rummage sales, or thrift shops.

Charlene, where did the time go??  August already and I still have not got anything done outside I want to get done, like the staining…..blahhhh.  Seems summer is flying by, what we have had of it.  Feels like fall out there…LOL.

Well gotta get going too.   I hope everyone has a great day.

takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Morning Bette, I missed you.  Good luck with your planting today.

Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good morning everybody.  Cloudy & dreary here with a few sprinkles every now & then

I was supposed to take the GKs home today. Mike called last night & said since DIL is working all weekend he might come down tomorrow, take the kids to the beach & then take them home Sunday.  But it is supposed to rain the next two days so no point in him coming & sitting around the house with them.  (Plus I’m ready for some “Me” time.  LOL  Even though it would save me gas money if he comes & gets them)

They don’t want to go home just yet so Max & I reached an agreement.  I’ll call his Dad tomorrow morning & if the weather is nice, Plan A will take place.  If weather is bad I’ll take them home. (Plan B)

Today is very cloudy & looking like rain so we’re just staying in . I did put the sprinkler out because some of my plants are looking pretty wilted.  I gave them some water Thur but not like I normally do.  Plus Maddie wanted to help so they got a “lick & a promise” for the most part.

We may end up going to the indoor pool later.  I don’t know yet.  Right now they are watching a movie, I’m here, doing laundry & moving the sprinkler around.

Molly that was a nice surprise & a very timely one.  You can sure use it for your vacation.  Are you driving your truck?  Not riding with Daughter?

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5269765 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Molly she is going Nashville, NC . I think she said it’s a 12 hour drive from NY.

Sandy M.

#5269795 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Never heard of Nashville, NC.  I know where Asheville is but not Nashville.

But she’s probably right on the drive.  It might even be more.  It is a 12 hr trip from East  Tn to Va.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5269803 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Gayle there is a Nashville, NC. It is in the NW part of the state about as far from Nags Head you could get and still be in the same state lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.