Super Bird Sunday … an annual event ?

Home Forums Birding Bird Pics Super Bird Sunday … an annual event ?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by librarygal62 librarygal62 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

photo 2.gif

#4873206 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

I was about to comment more but the Reply took flight, lol !

Lots of participaction, eh !

I was wondering if this event might be held every Super Bowl Day ?

Also maybe there could be a Super Blooms Day, maybe around Mother’s day weekend or thereabouts ?

photo 2.gif

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by GiddeyUp GiddeyUp.
    #4873223 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

It went very well…and such beautiful birds !!!!!!! I hope everyone takes a few minutes and checks out the photos…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#4873329 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

There were some great pictures there and some birds most of us will never see in person. Those birds in Costa Rica are stunning.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#4874269 Report Abuse
    Brian J
    Brian J
    Participant

I think that it should be an annual event although I also think to promote more photography that it should be limited to this years photos. would be easier for Jill to sort out the champs to!!!

Have a wonderful day and feel free to check out more of my photography here,
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/53805123@N05/

#4874346 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Brian that would be kinda of a good idea but with so many people not being real honest there would be no way to keep people honest.

Community Team Member

#4874364 Report Abuse
    Almb
    Almb
    Participant

Has the winning team been announced yet?

#4874386 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

I agree Giddey….an annual event would be great.  It would encourage to take more pictures of birds.  A new hobby is good for the soul…….now this is speaking from someone who just bought themselves a new camera…..LOL  First I have to remember to take the cover off the lens.

Yes Sharon, there were some beautiful birds.  Of course the exotic birds are hard to beat, but some of our local ones are stunning.

Steve, did I miss your pictures on team B?  I know you have some really nice ones!

Brian, I agree that it would be good to have the current year for an annual bird bowl.  This would encourage to go out and take new pictures.  Plus keep a dated account of each picture.  I for one never dated my pictures.  The downloading to my computer would date the entire day shoot, but when I transferred them to other files, the date would be the day I transferred.  So it was difficult for me to follow that rule.

Anyways, I was glued to the screen during the entire time the bird bowl was on.  Loved every minute of it.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4874409 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Stella most of my pictures are fairly common birds that most everyone has pictures of so I waited till near the end and posted a couple of pictures that hadn’t been posted and also a couple I wasn’t sure if they had been posted or not so I put them in just in case. But I was watching the entire time.

Community Team Member

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by steve232__nc steve232__nc.
    #4874980 Report Abuse
    WendyMS
    WendyMS
    Participant

I know there was quite a bit of duplication. I carefully looked through all the photos, to make sure that “my” birds wouldn’t be duplicates…but I know not everyone did that. ;)

I’ll also admit, my photos weren’t the best ones shared, either. Without a telephoto lens, I do the best I can. Flowers are easier for me to photograph; they don’t fly away! LOL

Hopefully this will become an annual event, because it was very enjoyable! :D

Wendy in SW MS

#4874992 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Wendy sounds like you need to check out the garden boards.

Community Team Member

#4875012 Report Abuse
    SandraRW
    SandraRW
    Participant

I reaalllllllly enjoyed the challenge yesterday! I want to go to Costa Rica now to take photos. That goes on my “bucket list ” with the monarch migration.  Now that I know how to download photos, I am ready for next year.  There maybe would  have been more participation if folks could be instructed (in more detail)  on how to get the photos on the site (prior to the contest day). …or did it miss helpful details on that.

#4875020 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Yes Sandra there are guideline under Backyard Chat in the community help section. But honestly you done really well and we hope you’ll stick around and become a regular on the site.

Community Team Member

#4875059 Report Abuse
    ladyhawkmcb
    ladyhawkmcb
    Participant

steve232 and all other participants I so enjoyed seeing all the bird photo’s if any one would like camera help please feel free to contact me email is ladyhawkmcb@comcast.net    Yes a annaul event would be fun. Thank you for liking the Costa Rica photos, I’m really a photograghy photo closet, this is the first time that I have shared my pictures. Thanks for the warm words.

Michelle

#4875091 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Michelle you contribution to the bird bowl was spectacular.  Each and everyones pictures were appreciated.  Lots of fun.

You can count me in as the first person to ask for your help.  I just bought a Sony DSC HX300…Ok, it’s not a sophisticated camera, but for what I need, it’s good enough.  As it is I’m having problems getting to learn it.  The question I have is….where do I insert into the camera the date so that it appears every time I take a picture?  That was the problem with my photos last night.  I had to go back and check the file dates.  Of course they were not the right ones because I compiled several dates into one file.  I know I have a long way to go.  Thanks in advance.

Stella
    Community Team Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.